Type 1 These readings ok?

Dazphoenix28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got the hang of the ratio I think. 2:10 in the morning, 1:8 at lunch and dinner for my humalog. Then 23 units around 10pm for lantus. Some readings like 9.0 are within my range but I don't correct a extra dose of humalog unless it's with a meal or after 3-4 hours after the humalog was worn off.

Would be awesome sit around 5-6 constantly but haven't been above 10 for a few weeks and only had 2 hypos this week.
One due to me having a unit of humalog shortly after my lantus because I was 11.2 reading but 4 hours later ran into a low during sleeping. So I've stopped a correction dosage as it seems the lantus tends to bring it down within the 6-8 range and if I did do a correct dosage it'll dip under 4.5.

Like I said it's not ideal to be comfy at 7-8 but it works for me. I have a fear of hypos because I mainly don't notice until my eyes play up or I check but so far... happy with the libre and progress I've made. Here is my readings for today and the daily graph.

Could I improve on anything? My blood sugar levels tend to rise after the humalog wears off so I space my meals throughout the day to make sure I eat every 4 hours to keep it stable.

Let me know, thanks =).
Screenshot_20201024-235644_LibreLink.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-235650_LibreLink.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-235657_LibreLink.jpg
Screenshot_20201025-000511_LibreLink.jpg

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
... My blood sugar levels tend to rise after the humalog wears off so I space my meals throughout the day to make sure I eat every 4 hours to keep it stable. ...
That sounds like there may not be enough basal insulin action to keep blood glucose down in the target range between meals. Test this by skipping a meals and monitoring blood glucose until the next meal. If it goes up by much, more basal action at that time of day is required. The next challenge is to figure out how to deliver it by adjusting timing and dosage. Splitting the dose usually gives the best results. Ideally, we should be able to skip a meal without blood glucose going up.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If my memory is correct the book ‘Think like a pancreas’ suggests increasing your basal if your levels increase by 1.3mmol during the night and yours varies a bit.

You could probably get away with a small increase & track what happens overnight.

But having said that if your happy stick with it. How did you come to your target range? Mine is a lot tighter at 5.3 - 7.8

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If my memory is correct the book ‘Think like a pancreas’ suggests increasing your basal if your levels increase by 1.3mmol during the night and yours varies a bit.

You could probably get away with a small increase & track what happens overnight.

But having said that if your happy stick with it. How did you come to your target range? Mine is a lot tighter at 5.3 - 7.8

Hi there, I know you weren't asking me but my target range was set by the DIABETES team when setting up the Libre for me (between 4 and 10 which they said was a 'type 1' target range rather than personalised). I think you can change it yourself manually but I'm not sure how. Your target does seem very tight for an insulin user, it looks like a target set for a non diabetic to me. x

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeh my original target was 4 - 10 at diagnosis but after maybe 6 weeks my diabetes team changed it & I adjusted it on the libra. I’d gathered from reading other threads that it might be tighter than usual so I’m just curious as to whether everyone sticks with the Libra target or it gets individually set.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yeh my original target was 4 - 10 at diagnosis but after maybe 6 weeks my diabetes team changed it & I adjusted it on the libra. I’d gathered from reading other threads that it might be tighter than usual so I’m just curious as to whether everyone sticks with the Libra target or it gets individually set.
Mine’s 4.8 - 8.2 .

Reactions: TashT1

Fawbs89

Got the hang of the ratio I think. 2:10 in the morning, 1:8 at lunch and dinner for my humalog. Then 23 units around 10pm for lantus. Some readings like 9.0 are within my range but I don't correct a extra dose of humalog unless it's with a meal or after 3-4 hours after the humalog was worn off.

Would be awesome sit around 5-6 constantly but haven't been above 10 for a few weeks and only had 2 hypos this week.
One due to me having a unit of humalog shortly after my lantus because I was 11.2 reading but 4 hours later ran into a low during sleeping. So I've stopped a correction dosage as it seems the lantus tends to bring it down within the 6-8 range and if I did do a correct dosage it'll dip under 4.5.

Like I said it's not ideal to be comfy at 7-8 but it works for me. I have a fear of hypos because I mainly don't notice until my eyes play up or I check but so far... happy with the libre and progress I've made. Here is my readings for today and the daily graph.

Could I improve on anything? My blood sugar levels tend to rise after the humalog wears off so I space my meals throughout the day to make sure I eat every 4 hours to keep it stable.

Let me know, thanks =).
View attachment 44876View attachment 44877View attachment 44878View attachment 44879
Don't look bad to me. 8/9 slightly high I'd correct at that point but generally pretty good!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My target range is 5.5-7.5. Would like the lower number to be a little bit lower, but had too many hypo's when I tried it, so sticking to this.

Dazphoenix28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sorry for the late reply. Since bad control in the past I tend to have symptoms of a hypo if I drop below 5(4.8). I'm still adjusting slightly everyday and tend to be around 6-8 on average. I use to hit 20+ earlier this year but havent gone over 15+ For 3 weeks. If my bloods go below 5 they won't stop dropping until I have a quick sugar fix. I know between 5-10(10 being a tad bit high) but I'll adjust that lower once I fine tune everything. I use to get low symptoms at 5.5. Since I'm on the libre and had more control I feel comfortable at 5 without symptoms. Also think I worked out my lantus units. 22 units tends to keep me steady and above 5 but below 8 during sleeping.

Last edited: