ACHING LEGS AFTER ALCHOHOL

toner29

I've noticed the last few times I have been out drinking my legs really ache the next day. I'm 24 and was diagnosed 3 years ago, I have had no complications so far and am pretty worried that this could be a sign of nerve damage...? Is this the case or are achy legs normal for diabetics after drinking HELP!

I used to get achey legs after being out drinking years before being diagnosed. Think about what you're doing on your night out, even some drunken dancing could be causing your legs to hurt! I'd still check with your doc though.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Never had achy legs the next day..... although they have buckled a few times on a decent night out! :)

Snodger

what's your sugar like next day, are you higher or lower than normal?
I'm with sugarfreesean, I reckon it's just doing odd things while drunk...

toner29

Lol. Whilst I am slightly deranged whilst drunk, I'm not a dancer and I tend to just stand/sit around chatting. So I don't think its that, and its a different kind of aching if that makes sense, it doesn't feel like I have done to much.

My sugars are normally fine the next day I always have something to eat so when my sugars dip in the night I have carbs there etc...