Will I ever eat normally again?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Right so here we go....... Just waiting for the first person to jump on what I am about to say this is my experience and I am not saying that this is the way for everyone. I'm t2 been on all kinds of meds , put lots of weight on , fed up at the foods that I use to love not suitable for T2 so what did I do ? Started doing one meal a day .... Simple ? Yes simply my one meal I ate was my favourite foods , takeaways , roast dinner , chocolate cake for pudding ...... Madness you may think ? High blood glucose you think ? Gain weight you think ? More meds you think ? ....... Well actually no ! 3 stone weight loss , last hba1c 46 and now actually completely off insulin and no other meds and blood glucose within normal range ....... So I have reversed my T2 , I'm not on medications and I'm still looking weight , and still eating the foods I love .
This is not jumping, it is observational. But depending on how I put this you may feel it is jumping. I had similar results to you with 42's and 41's eating more liberally with home made bread and a less meat, more plants; I want more i.e. HbA1c's in the 30's, fbg's in the 4's and post prandial rises of circa 1.7 max. I also did more exercise around 3 hours a day for this result. I was getting early 5 fbg's whilst still on metformin. I was posting on the what is your blood glucose forums everyday on this site and wondering how were people getting low to mid 4's, when I was busting a gut and was the lightest I had could remember.

Once I was persuaded by the foods others were eating including full fat yogurt and more meat, I now have never been over 38 for HbA1c (last 35.5). I am now back on OMAD and these were the readings pre-meal for 2 meals within the last few days:

(Complex curry, almond tortillas
Test2.jpg

Yesterday:

Test1.jpg

(Coconut flakes, 4 berries, 4 nuts, 2 types of dark chocolate, full fat yogurt and milk(
Test3.jpg

The purpose of this post is to show that it is possible to have tasty meals with low blood sugars and alot of variety. I have been able to achieve my objectives.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is not jumping, it is observational. But depending on how I put this you may feel it is jumping. I had similar results to you with 42's and 41's eating more liberally with home made bread and a less meat, more plants; I want more i.e. HbA1c's in the 30's, fbg's in the 4's and post prandial rises of circa 1.7 max. I also did more exercise around 3 hours a day for this result. I was getting early 5 fbg's whilst still on metformin. I was posting on the what is your blood glucose forums everyday on this site and wondering how were people getting low to mid 4's, when I was busting a gut and was the lightest I had could remember.

Once I was persuaded by the foods others were eating including full fat yogurt and more meat, I now have never been over 38 for HbA1c (last 35.5). I am now back on OMAD and these were the readings pre-meal for 2 meals within the last few days:

View attachment 44932

Yesterday:

View attachment 44933

(Coconut flakes, 4 berries, 4 nuts, 2 types of dark chocolate, full fat yogurt and milk(
View attachment 44934

The purpose of this post is to show that it is possible to have tasty meals with low blood sugars and alot of variety. I have been able to achieve my objectives.
Put the kettle on, I'm on my way......

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Right so here we go....... Just waiting for the first person to jump on what I am about to say this is my experience and I am not saying that this is the way for everyone. I'm t2 been on all kinds of meds , put lots of weight on , fed up at the foods that I use to love not suitable for T2 so what did I do ? Started doing one meal a day .... Simple ? Yes simply my one meal I ate was my favourite foods , takeaways , roast dinner , chocolate cake for pudding ...... Madness you may think ? High blood glucose you think ? Gain weight you think ? More meds you think ? ....... Well actually no ! 3 stone weight loss , last hba1c 46 and now actually completely off insulin and no other meds and blood glucose within normal range ....... So I have reversed my T2 , I'm not on medications and I'm still looking weight , and still eating the foods I love .
Sounds like a plan - glad it works for you - I may try it sometime - thanks for sharing :happy:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 44932

Yesterday:

View attachment 44933

View attachment 44934

Impressive - may I ask how long it took of you doing OMAD to achieve these numbers before a meal? They look delicious :happy:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Put the kettle on, I'm on my way......
My wife learned to cook from her brother, who went to France to classically train as a chef. I am so blessed, I am experiencing flavour combinations that pictures do not do justice. It has made my low carb journey perhaps a bit easier than average.

Reactions: xfieldok

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Impressive - may I ask how long it took of you doing OMAD to achieve these numbers before a meal? They look delicious :happy:
This was a journey, as I did not know it was possible to reverse Type 2. I was diagnosed Type 2 in Jan 2015. I think it was around 2 to 2.5 years for me to get the 3.8's to 4.4's. I achieve these results on either 2MAD or OMAD. I trusted what others were saying about healthy fats and meat

At first I focused obsessively on HbA1c; I found it strange that my A1c was similar when my fbg was early 5's when compared to 3.8's and early 4's. Many Libre and multiple glucometers later, I proved I was not spiking, so just accepted that for me my A1c will (I hope) stay around 36 within a wide range of numbers and exercise protocols.

I tried weight loss 98 to 1 day at 79 kg, 20 k steps per day @ 11.5 miles per hour (140 bpm heart rate) and general workouts. My wife said I lost my bottom, far to skinny for me. Mostly plants did not allow me to get lower numners. I then saw a picture of a body builder who used to have Type 2, it made sense to me that muscle mass was the way to go. I went the wrong way at first powerlifting methods, now I do power building. For the last couple of years I have put on around 8 kg of muscle mass whilst still producing ketones on higher protein. I am still testing hence back on OMAD.

I am now doing less time, but at a high intensity with minimal rest, with 15 k of walking most days. I can on demand obtain 3.8's, by say changing a 10 x 6 leg raises, 3 x 6 bench press and change the bench press to 4 x 6, but I am going for longevity so only push every 4 to 6 weeks, or alternatively walk for 45 at high intensity. I am satisfied with post prandial rises of no more the 1.7, but I still need to tweak my over eating of nuts.

My ideal will be two or three micro workouts of 7 minutes with 12 to 15 k of walking, sauna and other relaxation.

Reactions: Mrs T 123