LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Hi again
So, I have continued to lose weight. Probably, give or take, another 2 and a bit stone. Currently 81.7kg so about 12.8stone

Stomach is saggy, it's very wrinkly made worse by my stretch marks. I envy very much those with elastic skin!

Now have found that my rear has also gone, well, saggy and can't sit very long before I go numb!

I'm so happy to weigh less but the side effects are not helpful

Have a personal trainer appointment on Saturday and signed up to gym. Hopefully something can be done. Cause honestly feeling pretty down about it. It sounds bad but I'd almost like to put the weight back on so it looks okay :banghead:
That’s one reason I chose weight training, hopefully I can backfill with some muscle. Not worried about my mid section as I rarely go streaking these days, but I’d like to not have batwings or at least minimize them

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again
So, I have continued to lose weight. Probably, give or take, another 2 and a bit stone. Currently 81.7kg so about 12.8stone

Stomach is saggy, it's very wrinkly made worse by my stretch marks. I envy very much those with elastic skin!

Now have found that my rear has also gone, well, saggy and can't sit very long before I go numb!

I'm so happy to weigh less but the side effects are not helpful

Have a personal trainer appointment on Saturday and signed up to gym. Hopefully something can be done. Cause honestly feeling pretty down about it. It sounds bad but I'd almost like to put the weight back on so it looks okay :banghead:

Andy, I've often posted about these things on the forum. It can take our bodies a while to catch up with the weightloss. By that, I mean that we usually lose weight from places we'd rather keep it - for us female sorts - from our boobies, arms and a lesser extent legs. In my case, I ended up very slight indeed, and whilst I didn't have sagging, my skin wasn't as taut as in the past. Given several months (and no for me years), it is by-and-large much better.

I have always moisturised every day after my shower, and I'm sure the moisturiser, and massaging in helped, over time. Maybe you could try a bit of that. If you don't want anything perfumed, E45 is good, or more to a budget, the Lidl sensitive and Aloe options are far better than their price tags of under £2 a bottle would suggest.

Give it time. Be patient would be my advice.

I know. I know. I say this as the lest patient person in the world. :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Andy, I've often posted about these things on the forum. It can take our bodies a while to catch up with the weightloss. By that, I mean that we usually lose weight from places we'd rather keep it - for us female sorts - from our boobies, arms and a lesser extent legs. In my case, I ended up very slight indeed, and whilst I didn't have sagging, my skin wasn't as taut as in the past. Given several months (and no for me years), it is by-and-large much better.

I have always moisturised every day after my shower, and I'm sure the moisturiser, and massaging in helped, over time. Maybe you could try a bit of that. If you don't want anything perfumed, E45 is good, or more to a budget, the Lidl sensitive and Aloe options are far better than their price tags of under £2 a bottle would suggest.

Give it time. Be patient would be my advice.

I know. I know. I say this as the lest patient person in the world. :)
Thank you
I think I just needed to know it can improve. I appreciate it may not be perfect but there are some more changes likely to come.

I can work on changing up my exercise to help too

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Thank you
I think I just needed to know it can improve. I appreciate it may not be perfect but there are some more changes likely to come.

I can work on changing up my exercise to help too
I’ve been following this guy for weight training ideas, since I’m pretty sure he’s natural. A lot of weight training stuff out there isn’t applicable for people who need to be low carb and don’t want to take performance enhancing drugs lol
https://www.youtube.com/c/NaturalGallantBodybuilding

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been following this guy for weight training ideas, since I’m pretty sure he’s natural. A lot of weight training stuff out there isn’t applicable for people who need to be low carb and don’t want to take performance enhancing drugs lol
https://www.youtube.com/c/NaturalGallantBodybuilding
Thanks for the link. I'm not interested particularly in weight lifting, just to build a little mass to smooth out the areas

I do appreciate the kind words of the forums. I know I need to take the win of the weight loss and I have a supportive partner. It's just hard to be let down by my own body but I haven't explored all options yet

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to follow up on this, I am still losing weight, today was at 72.4kg but hovering around the 73kg mark and it seems to be flattening. I want to get to about 69.9kg and then stay around that level. I hope at that point there is no longer anything to ‘pinch’ around my stomach

but the skin is slowly improving, as the weight moves off my stomach it is looking a bit better. It’s by no means perfect and given the stretch marks already there I don’t think it ever will be but it’s a little less saggy so maybe all hope isn’t lost!

when the gyms open again am going to get support in concentrating on building a bit of muscle there

so there is hope!