Fasting blood sugar

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It was around 8 when I first woke up, so I took a small correction and went back to sleep.
Second time I woke up I was at 5.8, took some insulin to counter the feet on the floor effect and got up.
It rose again (still fasting) to the mid 7's and has slowly dropped to below 5 and risen again to 6, but I did have coffee in the mean time so not truly fasting anymore.
Those are all fasting blood sugars, so not sure which to choose :p

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was at 11.5, but then I have massively variable DP so although I definitely have calmed it down now I have a pump it can still sometimes go up to about 13/14 by the time I wake up (not very often now though)

Reactions: Antje77

dani96xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It was around 8 when I first woke up, so I took a small correction and went back to sleep.
Second time I woke up I was at 5.8, took some insulin to counter the feet on the floor effect and got up.
It rose again (still fasting) to the mid 7's and has slowly dropped to below 5 and risen again to 6, but I did have coffee in the mean time so not truly fasting anymore.
Those are all fasting blood sugars, so not sure which to choose :p
Looks like you've had good numbers well done!

Reactions: oldgreymare

dani96xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was at 11.5, but then I have massively variable DP so although I definitely have calmed it down now I have a pump it can still sometimes go up to about 13/14 by the time I wake up (not very often now though)
Glad to hear your bloods are slowly coming down in the morning

Reactions: Antje77

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Another with frequent if erratic DP. So today 4.7 at 7.30 am (usually my DP kicks in a couple hours earlier), then gradually rising to 8.3 by 10.30 - no food but a couple of black coffees. Waking levels for me vary massively depending on how late/what I've eaten the evening before even with careful bolusing, plus the previous day's exercise regime.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.3 unfortunately, trying to cope with anxiety, stress and OCD isn't easy at the moment lol xx

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.2 this morning. :)

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.3 is still goodshould be proud with that number when you have a lot of other things to contend with x
I know but I'm generally so well controlled, good control caused 2 eye complications already so I hate straying xx

Reactions: dani96xx

Abo2000

How are you all getting such low numbers, if I’m anywhere below 4.6 I start getting hypo symptoms and there’s almost no way of me choosing where my BG will go after a meal, it will stay between 5 and 8 though
Do you guys inject half doses or what?
If I’m on 8 I’m happy

Reactions: KB1978