Blood test rationing

TonyHooper

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a diabetes blood test reminder last Fri. Rang Mon morning to arrange to be told blood tests in Exeter currently being rationed due to shortage of certain chemicals. Anyone else aware of this ?
Tony H.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
MMH has temporarily paused its home testing service due to the ongoing distribution challenges being experienced by Roche in the UK, the provider of their medical laboratory equipment.

Roche expect these issues, which are related to the move to a new UK distribution centre, to last between 2-3 weeks.

Hmm, guess I better not mention the B word.... Good that they are organising a new distribution centre now rather than in January, though there's only two months to go.

Interesting article here
https://lb.worcesternews.co.uk/news/18780876.blood-tests-cancelled-worcestershire-due-roche/
We will be well on the way to resolution by the end of next week.
The supply of Roche medicines is continuing as normal

Wonder how urgent it has to be to get a test?

mariefrance

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, me too (north-east). I got a call last week from my GP practice cancelling my hba1c blood test due the next day. I was just told the Lab was only doing urgent blood tests at the moment.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had blood drawn last Friday, at our main hospital, in preparation for a forthcoming Endo appointment.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Same in East Sussex, shortage of bottles apparently. Emergency blood tests only carried out.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had bloods drawn last Friday, results back on Tuesday. Just lucky I guess.

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think there's any rationing here in that they are still performing blood tests, but the turnaround times seem to have increased a lot compared to what is displayed on the laboratory website for the health board here.