Good blood results today :)

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Well done, it is good to have targets, but I was wondering why you have a target for HbA1C of 50 ?
Surely as a longer term target (say in another 12 to 18 months) you want it down into the pre-diabetic range rather than the lower end of the fully diabetic range.

That should be achievable because you are doing really well and only started your T2 journey so recently!

Reactions: Stephanie 1233

Amanda60

Finally had some good results my hbca1 level was 93 in July and now I have my hbca1 down to 61 so I am very happy my target is to get down n to 50. The doctor was very happy he said keep up the good work.
So nice to hear you're going in the right direction. I also had some good news re tests today - my hbca1 level was 103 in June when I was diagnosed Type2, last weeks test results show it's now 49!! Reinforces that low carb and weight loss work for me. I'm currently on Metformin (4 a day) and Doc said to keep doing whatever I'm doing as it's working well (terrific were her words). Target is to get levels down further and lose a stone (I've lost two stone so far). I'd also love to reduce the meds. It's not an easy journey and every bit of positive news makes such a difference.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Congrats on the result. I bet you can get below 50 as time goes by. And awesome that you have a supportive doctor, that's a big bonus!

Reactions: Stephanie 1233