Type 2 and liver disease

I have just been told by the doctor after a blood test that I have type 2 diabetes and liver disease or liver cancer? Going for scan ultra sound. I don’t have an appointment with the nurse until 26 October. I don’t know what to do

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome
That sounds a bit of a blow especially as you seem unsure as to what you have.
Hopefully you'll have NAFLD (Non alcoholic fatty liver disease) rather than cancer.
If you do have NAFLD then it can be helped greatly in the same way as your T2 with a very low carbohydrate diet.
If you have some weight to lose that will also be assisted by changing what you eat.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First don't panic. Frankly I think it is dreadful to be given that sort of diagnosis. T2 often goes hand in hand with NAFLD or non alcoholic fatty liver diseaase. A keto diet can often improve or resolve this.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
A low carb diet can help a lot, click on the link in my signature line or on @xfieldok link, same link. Very helpful dietary advice. Good luck with the scan.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

The previous posters have said it- the link is definitely one you should read. you may well find that going keto will help both the diabetes and the fatty liver.

good luck and welcome.

Thank you for you’re reply’s earlier. Thing have moved on a bit since my last post. I had a call from the diabetic nurse today and they want me in tomorrow my HBA-1c was 13.8 and having just been diagnosed they are going to start me on insulin straight away. The plot thickens. My Father died from diabetes in 1967 my BMI is 24.4 I have a cyst on my pancreas and I guess my body is not producing insulin.

RosieMaxwell

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for you’re reply’s earlier. Thing have moved on a bit since my last post. I had a call from the diabetic nurse today and they want me in tomorrow my HBA-1c was 13.8 and having just been diagnosed they are going to start me on insulin straight away. The plot thickens. My Father died from diabetes in 1967 my BMI is 24.4 I have a cyst on my pancreas and I guess my body is not producing insulin.

Have been following your thread. How are you doing now @DavidChristopher ?

Penfold66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been told by the doctor after a blood test that I have type 2 diabetes and liver disease or liver cancer? Going for scan ultra sound. I don’t have an appointment with the nurse until 26 October. I don’t know what to do
Sorry to hear that - the worst thing is not knowing , there is always a way

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi DavidChristopher. I hope by now some of your questions have been answered and some fears allayed. It would be good to know how you are.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had a c-peptide or insulin test to see how much, if any, insulin your pancreas is producing?
Maybe mention that this could be quite useful information for your HCP's to have before they start pumping more into you.