Low carb alternatives/ recipes

Humminglime

Hello!

Sorry if this has already been posted!

I’m looking for any recommendations or recipes you’ve picked up for low carb, everything carbs low carb bread, low carb cake, donuts, biscuits, anything really. Im really struggling with not being able to eat rice, potatoes or pasta honestly. Im finding that I can eat a little sugar but next to no carbs at all.. I cant have any sort of flour I spike, but I can handle a tea spoon of sugar? No logic to it!

So long story short, I LOVE all things sweet, and I’m getting a little sick of cream based desserts I just want a really good cake and/or bread recipe! (I really miss toast) I’ve tried a few pancake and waffle recipes but honestly.. foul

Any idea? Tips? Tricks? Personal favs?

Thanks ~

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this UK site run by a family so easy no faff recipes
https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/pages/free-recipe-library
The chocolate lava cake is quick and easy
The Megga bread gets great reviews but I've not tried it yet

I do try to limit any pud or anything using sweetners to once a week though, and yes my sweet tooth is going. Try to keep full on rich and filling food to help you through these early cravings. I found a few nuts or a spoonful ofcream helped kill a craving

Reactions: Humminglime

Humminglime

Thanks you I will definitely been looking at these!
Side note, has anyone found since going on a low carb diet that their sugar spikes drops a lost faster? I’ve just gone down from 14 to 9.6 in 2.5 hours! Normally that would have stayed spiked for at least 1/2 a day!

M

Member496333

I cant have any sort of flour I spike, but I can handle a tea spoon of sugar? No logic to it!

Sugar (sucrose) is only 50% glucose. The other half is fructose which generally won't increase blood glucose but will contribute to insulin resistance. So it's not unusual for wheat to increase blood glucose more than sugar, but actually, in the long term, sugar is more damaging overall due to the unseen effect it has in the liver.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

amcfad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great adds to my Keto file, big thanks to all. Now I just need to make some :joyful: