Does fresh fruit sugar increase blood sugar

Auto E

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just had this argument with my sister. Despite my emailing articles and blood sugar readings, she still insists fruit sugar (fructose) is 'special' and good for me.

sigh.
It's like talking to my dietician friends at work - I can explain that I have blood sugar issues and they nod their head sympathetically, then offer me a fruit salad.

Auto E

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this may have been a drive by posting, as the OP still has only one post on the forum.
It gives us all a chance to say - yikes! use a meter for god's sake! :) And btw pears are the worst for me! Carb counts aside, I could have 2 bananas before I'd spike as high as 1/2 a pear. Weird differences amongst us.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Dear all,

I got confusing information about fresh fruits. I heard that fresh fruits juice or fruits doesn't increase blood sugar or doesn't herm diabetes penitent. Even diabetes penitent can drink sugarcane juice without increasing blood sugar. I don’t know how authentic is this information?

In case fruits are increasing blood sugar, what types of the fruits are recommended for diabetes penitent? Also quantities of the fruits.

Thanks in advance!
Hi @madsum , the simply answer to your question is YES. Fruit juice and fruit contain carbs..ie sugars to increase BG
I love fruit and they aren't BAD but need to be treated with respect. @miahara has posted a really good graph to show the differences. I have a little carton of orange juice to sort out a hypo and some berries after supper to make me smile. Gone are the days when I'd munch my way through a bag of cherries. Had a couple of grapes today.................. ooooooh, what a spike but couldn't resist.