Hello and help

michellem

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Just found this forum doing a search following an incident I need help with.
To Introduce myself, I am Type 1 and have been so for 30 years now. Started with urine testing and glass syringes, things certainly have changed!
Anyway we all make mistakes from time to time! This morning I did my BG and was a little high and was deep in thought about my previous weeks results and whether it was time to change my night time BI dose of Lantus. Whilst thinking that I was doing my insulin and for some wierd reason gave myslef my full nighttime dose of Lantus instead of my humalog.
I wasn't sure what to do so then had my humalog and breakfast as normal and have been tesing regularly since (am still running high).
Any advice?
Thanks
Michelle

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi and welcome

oh dear dont beat urself up we have all done something similar before now, we gave dylan rapid instead of levemir and had a right panic but it all turned out ok in the end. all u can do is keep monitoring and see what happens really hope all turns out ok

anna marie

ClaireG 06

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

I am going to move your post to the type 1 section where i feel you may get more reply's. I agree with Anna Marie keep testing and don't beat yourself up over it.

michellem

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for moving it, I wasn't sure which was the best area.
I've been doing ok so far today but don't know what to do tonight. Take my full dose of lantus at bedtime as usual?
Thanks

Fallenstar

Hi Mich
I once did this :***:
I would just miss your nighttime dose, Lantus is SUPPOSED to have a 24 hr profile, so it will supposedly still cover you through the night.
Then in the morning slightly increase your insulin to carb ration to cover in case you go higher, it depends how insulin sensitive you are really. Then resume Lantus at night as usual tomorrow night.
I would have done this because I used to Hypo a lot on Lantus and adhered on the side of caution. I used to split my Lantus too.

I wouldn't worry too much I'm sure you will be fine, it's amazing how much insulin we still have floating about in our system a long time after injections...

won't do that one again :lol: