Safety boots

Spinksy15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi guys,
Im starting a new job on the 5th of october and got told at the interview that i need to wear saftey boots . What are the best ones i could buy and were from please ?

stu60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does your new employer not provide them, as they are responsible for supplying PPE or have you been told to buy your own, then get reimbursed? If so have you been given a budget? Screw fix and Amazon spring to mind, you'll get something reasonable around £30 or you can go for a designer label and pay double that, also depends on what your job entails may just need steel toe capped trainers. Hope that has given a few pointers.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I have a pair of "Tradesafe" work shoes. Like a sturdy trainer (anti static too.) got them from a discount shop in the workwear department. Pretty comfortable when yer on your feet all day..
I was working in engineering production incorporating electronics. Some safety boots offered by the companies may meet the criteria, but can be hell to wear.

Hobo1978

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi guys,
Im starting a new job on the 5th of october and got told at the interview that i need to wear saftey boots . What are the best ones i could buy and were from please ?

I just bought dewalts challenger 3 and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. My work boots were killing my feet. These are like wearing slippers
They are steel capped and also through the sole

Hobo1978

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My company gave me £50 but there were £90. I’m over the moon with them though