What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it’s due to their new DGF chat Facebook group where they are giving prior notice. I managed to get some of the not carrot cakes this time, plus the raspberry bakewells and more of my favourite butterscotch pecan blondies. Had a rummage in the freezer to make space and discovered 5 boxes of various flavours I still have!!
I joined the facebook group and still missed the restock. I'll be prepared next time

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome @Chriztopher & @SilverK

@ziggy_w & @Goonergal you have not lived until you have tried the pate

@DJC3 I haven't seen the garlic brussels pate in a while have you? I think they may have stopped doing it
The best bought pate I have ever tasted is Pate Pate the fruity chicken one. Sainsburys stocked it (yes it had garlic in it). For a bought pate it was amazing. Not sure what their situation is with the lengthy lockdown. They were based in Linlithgow which is in the Central Belt and of course has been locked down for a few weeks again. It will be a real shame if they've gone out of business as their pate products were all excellent.

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 6.3 FBG 6.2. A very miserable day. Weather is getting worse and I had to go out to pick up meds, visit butcher and M&S. Ended up in Morrisons too! I had problems staying upright the wind was so strong. @zauberflote you may have something with the changing weather pressure as the vertigo is worse on horrid days. @DJC3 - my son/DIL are Lakanto Monk Fruit converts now. I wouldn't be without it now. Yes it's pricey but I agree it's worth it. It's on sale in Australia as well now as SIL told me. Mrs T 123 - the SLC delivery is super fast now. I still can't believe I ordered and got it next day.
B. TAG and another SLC sandwich with egg mayonnaise. Wonderful!
L. Out on many travels around supermarkets so nothing.
D. A mix of mini chicken wings some rubbed with garlic, ginger, spring onion & soy, others in sriracha. Air fried and had with avocado, tomato, coleslaw and apple/celery/walnut.
2 squares of Govida.

Mrs T 123 - like you I'm fed up with the restaurants being closed. Our latest stats in the last 7 days is 109 cases over 7 days and 1 death yet we're in the same category as Glasgow on 1,940 infections and 31 deaths over the last 7 days? That isn't following the science. I fear a lot of them won't reopen.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed 5.6 FBG 5.9. I though yesterday was bad. It's been blowing a gale all night and we've been getting battered by rain. Boys are back at swimming too. Meant to say that Morrisons had giant Halloween choc chip cookies. I bought one and dropped it off for the boys yesterday - 12" choc chip cookie iced with ghosts and Happy Halloween. The youngest had a beaming smile when he saw it as "it was the biggest cookie ever!".
B. TAG and yet another SLC sandwich with egg mayo (still haven't gone off it).
L. At swimming lessons (it could have been swimming to swimming lessons).
D. Beef olives done in the IP with carrot, onion and cheesy cauli mash. A DGF blueberry & lemon warmed a little, 2 sliced strawberries and a dash of cream. Usual campari and soda.

Butcher had a new addition yesterday- GF meat'zza. Got 2 for during the week.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and fudge brownie carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon at a coffee shop: coconut cappuccino.
Dinner, Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, veggies, a smidge of sauce and three small pancakes (usually have two but blood sugar pre dinner was 4.3 so pushed the boat out!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 and @DJC3 so interesting re the Lakanto - I just ordered some yesterday as part of my ongoing quest for best sweetener! Some normal and some golden variety.

I wish Dr Almond was available here - very tempting website - but I have found Sukrin products that I can order, including an interesting LC bread flour that I'll try out in a few more weeks.

Lunch: cream of mushroom soup + psyllium, green leaf salad with smattering of grated parmesan, 2 x keto-friendly coffees
Dinner: sardine pate (earlier chat of 'pate' nudged me to it!), celery stalks, green leaf salad, stevia hot chocolate

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late B of yoghurt with seeds blueberries and (being Sunday) some chopped nuts
Skipped lunch while out walking dogs in between storms
Popped out later for some essentials supplies. Finally got some Pure Via Stevia reduced in Sainsburys to £2.50 so got 3 packets, enough for a winter long lockdown
Used some lidl coupons for 20% off chocloate, mainly bought the 85% but a couple of bars of the 70% with caramel went in as lockdown treats. Also had a coupon for 20% off their own label nut butters and jam etc which meant almond butter was only £1.50 a jar. So store cupboard now stocked with things I can't get on the Asda order

In sainsburys I also picked up a lovely skirt, not strictly essential but good for morale

Sainsburys also provided us a lovely dinner, duck legs with a wine, berry and bramble sauce, only 8g carbs per portion and it was scrummy, served with brocoli and courgette
Pud was a teaspoon of almond butter mixed with tablespoon double cream

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Bfast avocado, pecans&macadamias, boiled eggs, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
Lunch en famille they had "breakfast for lunch" due to a rough teething night, I had the scrambled eggs, plus goat cheese-- excellent combo! And a few chips (crisps to you), later at home cherry tomatoes&cucumber and more macadamias
Supper salmon burger, roasted (...charred!...) yellow bell pepper, both from the grill, spinach/hm dressing, flax crisps/dilute soy. Some pecans and macadamias.
My neighbors were grilling too-- they hobby-farm oysters at their place on the river, to eat and sell, and they were roasting them. I wanted them to offer us some!!
Sleep well all and good morning soon!

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Been busy with stuff so a bit behind with my meals some of them were

Breakfast has been coconut and cranberry toast with butter and 2 coffee

French toast using coconut and cranberry bread and butter and 3 coffee

Scrambled eggs bacon and Cherry tomatoes on sourdough toast 2 black coffee

Lunch/dinner

Fried chicken and salad with chips and garlic sauce
Pasta with tomato fried ham parmesan cheese and pine nuts and a salad

Today
Breakfast coconut and cranberry toast with butter and a coffee

Today is my birthday and my sister brought over a chocolate vegan birthday cake lit it with candles and one of my neice also popped over for a short visit, and also got a lovely bunch of flowers
So had a small slice of the cake it was so rich and decadent and she left the leftovers in my fridge oh dear more cake for me through the week!! .. and coffee for afternoon tea

Dinner
Pastrami salad with buffalo baby mozzarella cheese baby kale leaves fried almonds olive oil and balsamic dressing
IMG_20201028_154800_983.jpg
JPEG_20201102_213117_2276313231509793974.jpg
20201102_143803~2.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been busy with stuff so a bit behind with my meals some of them were

Breakfast has been coconut and cranberry toast with butter and 2 coffee

French toast using coconut and cranberry bread and butter and 3 coffee

Scrambled eggs bacon and Cherry tomatoes on sourdough toast 2 black coffee

Lunch/dinner

Fried chicken and salad with chips and garlic sauce
Pasta with tomato fried ham parmesan cheese and pine nuts and a salad

Today
Breakfast coconut and cranberry toast with butter and a coffee

Today is my birthday and my sister brought over a chocolate vegan birthday cake lit it with candles and one of my neice also popped over for a short visit, and also got a lovely bunch of flowers
So had a small slice of the cake it was so rich and decadent and she left the leftovers in my fridge oh dear more cake for me through the week!! .. and coffee for afternoon tea.

Dinner
Pastrami salad with buffalo baby mozzarella cheese baby kale leaves fried almonds olive oil and balsamic dressing
View attachment 45078View attachment 45079View attachment 45080
Many happy returns Good account for an 11 year old:angelic:

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Many happy returns Good account for an 11 year old:angelic:[/QUOTE\
thank you.......

I didn't notice how many candles my sister had put on the cake till you said that LOL.. got me laughing at that .....im trying to imagine being 11 again haha

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B= A lake of Assam TWAM; 11:.00 am; CWC and chocologic chocolate;.L Skinny bread corned beef and cucumber sandwich -, and spinach sprinkled with ACV,; EM: Mackerel and avocado salad with much flaxseedage - welcome back old friend.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still trying to catch up - yesterday started with 2 scrambled eggs on 2 slices Emmental. Mid afternoon lunch/ dinner was slow roast pork belly with cauli cheese and sprouts fried with pancetta and pecans. DGF raspberry bakewell to follow.
2 glasses champagne while cooking to celebrate the end of Sober October and 2 glasses red with the meal. Probably too much after a month of abstinence, did feel a bit squiffy tbh but happy nonetheless.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@annabell1 happy Birthday, I laughed at @ianpspurs comment too. Looks like a great cake, I’m glad it’s not in my fridge.
@zauberflote roast oysters? Wow! How big are they and how long do they take? I’ve only ever had one raw with a dash of Tabasco but I’ve never fancied repeating it. Cooked over an open fire must be a completely different experience.
Today I woke up hungry so 2 bacon rashers and 2 fried eggs. Lots of coffee.
Lunch
Dinner was a bizarre quiche - lo Dough ‘pastry’base and a filling of yesterday’s leftover sprouts, pancetta and pecans together with blue cheese and the usual custard mixture. It was jolly tasty actually. Had a salad of lettuce and avocado and a lot of TWAM

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and packet of coconut bites.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@annabell1 Happy Birthday! I definitely could not be trusted with that cake in my fridge - looks magnificent!

@zauberflote Yes, your neighbours should share their bounty. Love a good oyster - raw with just lemon juice, under the griller Kilpatrick or Rockerfeller style, or even dipped in almond meal and deep fried. Yum, yum. Different types have very different flavours though - Sydney Rock, Coffin Bay, Pacific, Native Flat here - wonder what kind your neighbours grow?

Lunch: other half of the sardine 'pate', celery stalks, green leaf salad, keto-friendly coffee x 3 (cold day!)

Dinner: finished the cream of mushroom soup + psyllium, green leaf salad + 1 tsp mixed seeds, 3 cherry tomatoes, 50g proscuitto, stevia hot chocolate

New soup next! Cream of cauliflower I think.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yogurt seeds blueberries and a little cream.
Long dog walk brought us past a farm shop so early lunch of a spicy caulflower salad. Had kale in which was too tough to eat.
Then was still hungry when finally got home so 2 cheese and ham roll ups
D: chilli chicken breast with grilled portobello mushrooms and broccoli
May have sacked on too many nuts before and after... been hungry most of the day today

@annabell1 I couldn't have cake in the fridge either. Admire your self restraint

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Happy Birthday @annabell1 ! Lovely flowers
@DJC3 I continue to marvel at how wine can be drunk without putting people who aren't me under the table. That much, when I was 25(!), caused me to need to hold onto things to walk. That was "when we were courting" -- do they still say that on your side? It's extremely old fashioned here. Oysters are very big on menus here because they are native to the Chesapeake Bay, and additionally are farmed as a continuing effort to Clean Up The Bay, which has take 40+ years. I usually see them about 1-1.5" minus the frill. Raw is not my favorite either, but oyster stew (oysters, butter, milk, cream), roasted indoors or out, fried in butter, I have a recipe for baked oysters with bread crumbs, scallions, and tons of butter... on and on! Fresh ones are the ONLY way to go, and fresh off the boat, in sealed jars, is mostly how they are sold even to big chain grocery stores. Here and probably Maryland, North Carolina, and possibly Delaware. MrZF hates them Your bizarre quiche sounds very good! I would skip the crust because why bother lol.
@OzBlossom I will ask them what kind they grow! Probably whatever was indigenous, so we don't have an invasion of something wrong for that ecosystem.
Bfast avo, pecans, boiled eggs, 3/4 Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
3:00ish I was roasting veggies for a HelloFresh, so snuck two strips of yellow sweet pepper. A little pnut butter, skyr yogurt
Barre
Supper yet to come: definitely more (who am I kidding, All The Rest Of The) roasted pepper, cherry toms, spinach/hm dressing, flax crisps/dilute soy. Maybe macadamias if I feel brave. I got quite a bellyache yesterday and it may have been the nuts.
Goodnight to those still up, and good morning everybody!