What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Bit behind but these are my morning bsl since Friday

5.4 Friday
7.8 Saturday
6.4 Sunday
6.5 today

What I'm finding is I have a meal for breakie then 4 or 5 hours late my BS drops down 3.2 or 3.9 I haven't really changed to much with what I'm eating but will keep an eye on it

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today, hope you are feeling ok now @ert and you are back to normal @PenguinMum.
@ziggy_w back in the 4s! Well done for your consistency. Was that just a random ( but still excellent) five yesterday or did you do a bit more exercise to get back to your usual numbers?

Thanks for asking. Actually had a spell of not exercising for three days and saw fasting levels slowly start drifting upwards. Plus there was one day of too many calories (+600 over daily requirement) and carbs (over 50g) the day before yesterday -- actually was a bit surprised that the outcome wasn't any worse than it was.

Really well done on your fasting levels yesterday, @DJC3.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 6.0 today, and that does not feel ok. Though I know that eating chopped dates as a snack late ladt night was likely to be the cause. So late snacking over with. Snacking is never good for me, even though it does feel good at the time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 this morning, which is the lowest FBG number I've had in awhile. :) I guess my FBG was trying to blend with the outside temperature, which was 29F at the time (1.6C, now "warmed" up to 36F/2C). If eating a brownie at suppertime will get me 6s the next morning, well, bring on the (occasional) brownie!
t2633.gif