Hi all new here

windyfishface

Hi all

Am just looking, keep getting told my HbA1c is borderline its 43 mmol/mol. Came here looking as been suffering with a burning tongue and understand it can be a symptom of high sugar which results in a fungal infection in the mouth. I am 54, hypothyroid, high bp, osteoarthritis, have 2 prosthetic hips, suffer from Rosacea just generally feel tired and have put on weight especially around the middle, feel a little like a teletubby at the moment...

Gail

dani96xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

Am just looking, keep getting told my HbA1c is borderline its 43 mmol/mol. Came here looking as been suffering with a burning tongue and understand it can be a symptom of high sugar which results in a fungal infection in the mouth. I am 54, hypothyroid, high bp, osteoarthritis, have 2 prosthetic hips, suffer from Rosacea just generally feel tired and have put on weight especially around the middle, feel a little like a teletubby at the moment...

Gail
Hello gail,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good! Hopefully this forum will help you. Any questions or advice ask away x

Reactions: windyfishface

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I lost 3 stone easily in just a few months by changing my eating habits to low carb with higher good fats. Never felt hungry and my sugars have dropped too. Rosacea has gone and blood pressure is now (too!) low.
I highly recommend you try it. You might feel a bit grotty for a few days initially, but its so worth it

Reactions: windyfishface

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

I'm another who lost weight (30kgs) easily doing very low carb- I have done calorie restriction diets many times. I also lost my asthma along the way. I am a huge proponent of low carb despite being a real carboholic. I also have felt hungry much more rarely and am at the stage where if I am hungry I know I can eat without worrying about weight gain. I have more to lose and it is coming off much slower now days but still gradually losing without calorie counting so I plan to step up and look at the calories at some stage.

Yes keto flu is a thing but for me just gives me more incentive not to 'cheat'.

Good luck.

walk39isl

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
See your gp. The burning tongue on right hand side may be a number of things.

Post edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator: