Face shield

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, I work in a hospital as a nursing assistant and I have to wear a mask at the moment. I’ve now been given a face shield to wear as well as the mask. I told my manager that I can’t wear them as anything around/tight on my head gives me headaches, she said to try it which I did. The first day I wore it I had a headache for 6 days and all the other days I’ve worn it I’ve ended up with a headache. Can anyone tell me what my rights are regarding this please?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Can you wear safety glasses instead? I was in A&E five weeks ago and all of the Dr's had clear glasses and masks and no face shields.

Reactions: urbanracer and zand

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi, I work in a hospital as a nursing assistant and I have to wear a mask at the moment. I’ve now been given a face shield to wear as well as the mask. I told my manager that I can’t wear them as anything around/tight on my head gives me headaches, she said to try it which I did. The first day I wore it I had a headache for 6 days and all the other days I’ve worn it I’ve ended up with a headache. Can anyone tell me what my rights are regarding this please?

Whilst the jury is still out in the debate about masks, I think that faceshields have been proven to be pretty useless anyway.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/202...ot-effective-in-stopping-covid-19-spread.html

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Can you wear safety glasses instead? I was in A&E five weeks ago and all of the Dr's had clear glasses and masks and no face shields.
Not sure I will see what my manager says when I’m in tomorrow. I wear glasses anyway can’t have too much on my head.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Sarah69 if you have a headache that lasts 6 days, it is serious and very very unlikely to be caused by a face shield worn for one day. It suggests you have some other issue - it may be stress or it may be something else. I recommend getting it checked out.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
@Sarah69 if you have a headache that lasts 6 days, it is serious and very very unlikely to be caused by a face shield worn for one day. It suggests you have some other issue - it may be stress or it may be something else. I recommend getting it checked out.
Headaches are common for me though, I often get them lasting for days. I’ve been to drs ages ago who gave me tablets to stop them and some others if I get a bad headache. Thank you for your concern.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only