What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for asking. Actually had a spell of not exercising for three days and saw fasting levels slowly start drifting upwards. Plus there was one day of too many calories (+600 over daily requirement) and carbs (over 50g) the day before yesterday -- actually was a bit surprised that the outcome wasn't any worse than it was.

Really well done on your fasting levels yesterday, @DJC3.

It’s amazing how quickly things can change isn’t it? You have terrific self discipline to turn it around so quickly though

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 and high temp again so defo still fighting but proud of my body’s defences. Thanks @ziggy_w and @DJC3 for kind wishes and good to see you both back in “the zone”.

You should be proud! You’re a fighter, well done, and I really hope you start to feel better tomorrow.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@PenguinMum -- You are really doing very well considering you are still fighting Covid. I'm sure once the virus is out of your system (which based on what I have read might take a while), your numbers will get back to normal too.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for your frustrations.
@AhmadGhanem -- Welcome to the thread and I agree with @Pipp, 5.7 is a good number.

Fasting levels this morning were 4.7 for me.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 this morning. Why?
1) pre-midnight feast last night to last me through fasting bloodwork this morning
2) poor post-midnight sleep due to fasting bloodwork this morning and watching election non-results
3) the brain may control the blood, liver, et al., but it cannot understand the results up with which they come

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 this morning. Why?
1) pre-midnight feast last night to last me through fasting bloodwork this morning
2) poor post-midnight sleep due to fasting bloodwork this morning and watching election non-results
3) the brain may control the blood, liver, et al., but it cannot understand the results up with which they come
Re your point 3 my brain doesn't need to be confounded its pretty dysfunctional at the best of times.

Hope all goes well with the blood results.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re your point 3 my brain doesn't need to be confounded its pretty dysfunctional at the best of times.

Hope all goes well with the blood results.

Thank you, Ryhia. :) My follow-up -- teleappointment -- is next Tuesday.

Reactions: Ryhia

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 today.

i don’t test so often (2-4 times a day) but my averages are now under 5 (4.6 7day, 4.8 21day). So, been over a month off the bydureon now, the rise I expected hasn’t happened

I’m a lucky boy that the weight loss and cutting carbs has worked so well and that I haven’t needed to go as low carb as some