Meat Tax

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well we knew it was coming.. time to start the battle I guess..
Climate nonsense and anti-meat propaganda is flavour of the month at the moment.

Reactions: joss.t2

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not bothered about meat, but keeping my low carb diet is essential, and dairy is a very important part of it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Must buy some quail eggs and see if they are fertile. I have hatched and reared the funny little things in the past, they are easy to keep and produce eggs and are tasty. They also make very little noise so they will not annoy the neighbours.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
The thing is "we" are the best placed in the world to comment on the impact of food on the body. The SAD and SUK (standard UK diet) are already plant based at around 60% of calories (bread, rice, pasta, beans, potatoes, fruit, veg, veg oils, crisps, biscuits, cakes etc), so job done.

Don't worry carnies it will soon be put up or shut up time for these people, I predict a rude awakening for those who attempt to increase blood sugars with fake foods.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Must buy some quail eggs and see if they are fertile. I have hatched and reared the funny little things in the past, they are easy to keep and produce eggs and are tasty. They also make very little noise so they will not annoy the neighbours.
I bought a chicken the other day that didn't make much noise either!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We may not need a Meat Tax. On the news today, Sainsbury's have announced that they are deleting their Deli counters and fresh meat and fish counters in their stores. Obviously they see no future in this produce in their bottom line. The Brexit tariffs being levied next year will see it off the menu too.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We may not need a Meat Tax. On the news today, Sainsbury's have announced that they are deleting their Deli counters and fresh meat and fish counters in their stores. Obviously they see no future in this produce in their bottom line. The Brexit tariffs being levied next year will see it off the menu too.
I think it is more likely that the decision to close the counters is driven by the cost of staffing relative to prepackaging meat and fish and the increase in on-line shopping that doesn't need counters.

M

Member496333

The meat counter job cuts are likely also attributable to coronamania restrictions meaning they were closed anyway. Or at least they have been in my local supermarkets.

But really it all amounts to the same thing in the end - the meat and dairy industry are under heavy attack. Being shelled by Big Plant. Obviously still a conspiracy theory and will remain so in the minds of the many no matter what unfolds.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Sainsbury's did this in the last lockdown to reduce contact. This may not be a permanent move.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco did this some time ago. It's to cut staff.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Who knows if they are being briefed about the future. It is an opportunity for the NFU to encourage and promote business to client operations.

"We" should be letting the NFU and animal farmers know that they are "our" proxy Doctors and Nutritionalists; how many of you have put your Type 2 into remission due to the "medicine" (as I see it) they deliver. This is why I said in my earlier post there will be a reckoning - I am fed up of in-action.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Better watch How to Lose a Stone for Christmas at 19:00 Channel 5. Got a nice going meat free section....just in case

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The meat counter job cuts are likely also attributable to coronamania restrictions meaning they were closed anyway. Or at least they have been in my local supermarkets.

But really it all amounts to the same thing in the end - the meat and dairy industry are under heavy attack. Being shelled by Big Plant. Obviously still a conspiracy theory and will remain so in the minds of the many no matter what unfolds.
It's permanent. According to the CEO of Sainsbury, most of the affected staff will be redeployed within the organization, but the food counters are definitely closing, along with up to 450 Argos stores.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Better watch How to Lose a Stone for Christmas at 19:00 Channel 5. Got a nice going meat free section....just in case
Going meat free to lose weight is possible for many.

However, animal free protein won't help my blood sugar levels, which means I doubt if I would even lose weight, and would end up with worse type 2 diabetes.

I include dairy and eggs as animal protein.