What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up to a 6.9 this morning. I think it may have been caused by having a cheese sandwich made with keto king bread for supper. The keto king bread uses oat bran fibre and I just wonder - would need to deliberately test for this - if my bloods are reacting in the same way as if I was to eat porridge. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when my bloods were in the high 6s for a couple of days and I even saw an after food 8 on one occasion. I definitely think the bread is the common denominator. Now is it worth trying to prove the theory I wonder?

Hope everyone has a good day on the first day of the new lockdown.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up to a 6.9 this morning. I think it may have been caused by having a cheese sandwich made with keto king bread for supper. The keto king bread uses oat bran fibre and I just wonder - would need to deliberately test for this - if my bloods are reacting in the same way as if I was to eat porridge. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when my bloods were in the high 6s for a couple of days and I even saw an after food 8 on one occasion. I definitely think the bread is the common denominator. Now is it worth trying to prove the theory I wonder?

Hope everyone has a good day on the first day of the new lockdown.:)

It might be well worth trying to prove.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It might be well worth trying to prove.
Think I will wait until my levels are a little lower I have plenty of time and plenty of bread as I made a new loaf yesterday which is now in the freezer. What I have noticed is that on two or three occasions now when I have this bread my bloods have risen and stayed high for most of the day even into the following day and then seem to take an awful long time to come back down. Unfortunately I have not been able to say for definite that it is the bread that caused it as bread is usually an accompaniment to other foods.