Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, afternoon here too, beautiful sunny day though a frost this morning.

@karen8967 and @Marie 2 I've been having a great run of good numbers this week, not suffering lows like you, but all of a sudden bang! woke to an 11 this morning. Why? You tell me. No unusual food, nothing out of the ordinary, couldn't even be the socks as I don't wear them in bed. Ah the mysteries of T1......

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah @hh1 so it was the bed socks that gave me a 13 in the middle of the night. I did wonder after 40 hours between 3.9 and 8.5. Cold feet it is tonight then.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
I'll be wearing a 4 badge today, the first in so long.
There's a beautiful mist outside

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Fairygodmother I have been watching the results but didn't stay up for them. My hubby had an eye check up Tuesday and we came home and turned on the TV and started watching/listening and forgot about my dogs nail clipping appointment and my husband forgot he had a zoom call from his beach clean up group . We completely forgot about both lol. It still is undecided. But our population seems to be solidly split.

Reactions: hh1 and Japes

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh that’s both funny and understandable @Marie2; I had to have a look when I woke briefly, as usual, at 04.00.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon, just having a cuppa before the school transport picks me up. The weather has been glorious again, so yesterday and this morning I have been out in the back garden with Autumn, she a little jittery, but curious and inquisitive too. I watched her and was playing with her with some leaves and gave her a small bowl of food too. My little autumn is growing up. But, when she was in and she was by the window, Ziggy cat from next door walked onto our patio, Autumn saw him and she was growling with a low hiss too. They'll get used to each other in time................ fingers crossed :)
Hope you are all keeping well and staying safe.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Received my email from Matt overnight. To be honest life will just continue in the same vein. We are on hols at the moment and as lockdown occurred way after our arrival, house owner checked and we can stay. Out early for a beach walk. Couldn’t see another person in a 360 view. Social distancing at its best. Even have Christmas week supermarket delivery booked as we pay a year in advance for Morrison’s delivery’s. It was not dear and worth every penny.
However, as we enter lockdown no 2 I know I am very privileged in that we have a weekly income. Not huge but we are very frugal, and neither of us need to go to work. Though Matts email makes it plain I wouldn’t need to go anyway.
Blood levels are 80% in range between 3.9 and 8.5 for the past week so very happy. I have had less ups and downs since I changed to Tresiba about 3 months ago. And even less since I got a half unit pen. Happy!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, I need some help. Someone wants to know where they can get different insulins in New South Wales.They have a dog on Vetsulin and the vet is saying only vetsulin is available for dogs. But that one is making them sick and they want to try another one. The other more commonly used insulin for dogs in the US is Novolin N, So does anyone know where they can specifically get Novolin N or any other insulin, but for a dog, in New South Wales?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I need some help. Someone wants to know where they can get different insulins in New South Wales.They have a dog on Vetsulin and the vet is saying only vetsulin is available for dogs. But that one is making them sick and they want to try another one. The other more commonly used insulin for dogs in the US is Novolin N, So does anyone know where they can specifically get Novolin N or any other insulin, but for a dog, in New South Wales?

Hi,

What I do happen to know. Is Vetsulin is a weaker potency? U30 maybe U40??? Most insulins for humans is a U100. (Though it is possible to get a U300, if insulin resistant?) so the usual dose would need to be adjusted for a dog the wrong potency could be too much for the hound..

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, they use them both over here and use different syringes and different amounts.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, another 4 badge day to start.
Yesterday was the same with a positive start............. shot up to 10 something midmorning, hypo around 6pm which I overdealt with. I hope today it's more stable.
I know it's Friday because I put the bin out, lobster for supper

Reactions: hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone.
Lobster @SueJB! Luxury lockdown. Fish pie for us, when I’ve made it and persuaded Big Brian (cat) it’s not for him.
4.1 waking this morning, I seem to have the opposite of the simyogi at the moment.
Basal’s been reduced for colder weather, however, the year gets even stranger: for the very first time some of the fig’s noblets, the second fruiting, have swelled and ripened enough to eat. They’ve never done that before. I’ve always called them noblets as they’ve always just been green knobs. Not sure whether to be pleased or disturbed.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bonfire celibrations public locations last night in my area... As far as the eye could see.
I live in an elevated position so get a decent view of it all.

I suppose when you spend the equivalent of a defence budget of a small country on explosives you don't want them to go to waste?
Not the sort of "thing" you can keep quiet...

Bad timing with a second lockdown.. There were a fair few blue flashing lights up & down the main road too..

Along with the C19 public information stuff, something I haven't heard since the 1970s. Firework safety info..

You can't beat a bit of hard driving "old school.."

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Bonfire celibrations public locations last night in my area... As far as the eye could see.
I live in an elevated position so get a decent view of it all.

I suppose when you spend the equivalent of a defence budget of a small country on explosives you don't want them to go to waste?
Not the sort of "thing" you can keep quiet...

Bad timing with a second lockdown.. There were a fair few blue flashing lights up & down the main road too..

Along with the C19 public information stuff, something I haven't heard since the 1970s. Firework safety info..

You can't beat a bit of hard driving "old school.."

Meathook Cinema Presents ?:woot:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee we are in a prominent position overlooking Leeds which is in a basin. Away at moment in middle of nowhere, didn’t hear a thing. Security cameras back home picked up Armageddon!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meathook Cinema Presents ?:woot:

I used to love all those old PI films.. "NEVER retrieve your ball from a nuclear power station." o_O

Deep water spells DANGER.. :watching: "Wish i brought me brolley." :pompous:

All that kinda stuff.. There used to be one about walking without falling over...? Quality. :D

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all, I remember as a kid my Dad having a tin for our fireworks and being very sensible. That didn't account for forgetting to put the lid on the tin and a jumping jack being let off (not by him) and of course jumping into the tin. Fortunately the only damage was all our fireworks going off at once.

Because so many people have fireworks at home these days, I'd prefer to see them only sold to licensed displays. Even here in rural Somerset they do a lot of damage, scaring wildlife and domestic pets, to the extent that some panic so badly they get injured or worse. Call me a killjoy and I don't care :grumpy:

Reactions: karen8967