Sukkarto SR

Laura8417

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, I’ve been on Sukkarto SR 2000mg for about 2 months now and I’m still suffering from a bad tummy. The guidance says this is a common side effect and to just persevere as it will eventually go, but how long do you persevere with it?

Thanks for everyone’s help, sorry if I’ve posted it in the wrong place but I’m type 1 and use metformin in addition to my insulin.

Taniae

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, metformin is well known to cause upset stomach for some people .
From my personal experience I stuck with it for 6 years but it caused me problems with my tum and constantly running to the loo and it got to the point that it was affecting my life too much.
At the end of June this year I decided enough was enough, stopped the metformin, overhauled my diet to low carb. No more running to the loo, lost 34lbs and feel the best I have in a long while.
Have you tried taking the metformin with food? If you feel you are not tolerating the metformin and things are not getting any better speak to your GP there are other alternatives they can prescribe.
Good luck

Reactions: Daphne917

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@Taniae May be your advice needs modifying slightly, you may well have missed the poster says she is Type 1 diabetic taking insulin and metformin as adjuvant.

Reactions: Taniae

Taniae

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Taniae May be your advice needs modifying slightly, you may well have missed the poster says she is Type 1 diabetic taking insulin and metformin as adjuvant.

I don’t think that last paragraph was in the initial post.