What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

I know it is Remembrance Day, but I never thought of doing Poppies for today.
I have been wanting to do a another waterfall.

So, I have spent the last hour and a half doing this one in Procreate.
I used the soft airbrush tool, the caged tool which looks like bricks for the bridge and rocks, the stone wall tool for the rocks, ocean waves for the waterfalls (where I had to keep tilting the iPad to get the downward tumbling of water), the leaves tool for the leaves and moss, and finally the mad splash tool for red berries.

I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed doing this one. I did really enjoy doing this one. At no point did I have any frustration doing this. I just dived in and flowed...I think it is about 20 mb (no wonder my iPad keeps crashing, I need more space in memory), so I have to reduce it to under 1 mb so I can post it here.

I suppose I had better do a poppy now for Remembrance Day...

View attachment 45248

Edit: I forgot to say, this is Ogwen Falls, North Wales.
Forgive me if I'm wrong here but that piece seems infused with remembrance very personal to you. In my imagination the reason that work flowed so well is inextricably linked to some very personal and deep memories. As such it is a perfect fit for the day no poppies needed. If I am wrong sorry but I like the idea of your art taking you to those places and providing us with such beauty.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgive me if I'm wrong here but that piece seems infused with remembrance very personal to you. In my imagination the reason that work flowed so well is inextricably linked to some very personal and deep memories. As such it is a perfect fit for the day no poppies needed. If I am wrong sorry but I like the idea of your art taking you to those places and providing us with such beauty.
Thank you very much @ianpspurs
Yes you are right. That is why it flowed so easily as I did it. J and I were always visiting waterfalls, and he would sit on a rock in the river below the waterfall and sketch it. I would always have to carry a spare dry set of clothes for him...
I agree, no poppies needed, this is my contribution.
Thank you again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting question. For me, I don’t eat until 12 noon and my meals are very low carb. It suits me well and I do sometimes forget to have anything at lunchtime if I’m not hungry. Having said that, maybe try not eating unless hunger kicks in and then test to see if it is merely thirst by having a glass of water. If my reading is a little high then a bit of cheese usually does the trick.
Hi @SilverK just to add my penny's worth. This whole management via diet system is highly individual and hanging about here long enough will highlight that it works maybe <50% of the time for <50% of members. Approach it that way and readings not matching what you expect become much easier to deal with, IMHO. For my part I aim to eat last meal of the day by 6.00 pm, it is usually a huge mackerel and avocado salad, then nothing but tea until 11.00 am which is coffee - either almond milk latte or with cream and some very LC chocolate. I'm not a fan of this woe but I seem to have made it work for 5 years. I would advise to steer clear of those who make grandiose claims for what LC does. It is just a way of treating a potentially deadly condition. Even the most fervent advocates don't claim it works always and for everyone - at least in the footnotes and further reading.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is beautiful and poignant @dunelm
Thank you @gennepher - I love your waterfall painting - a great tribute to J - a very personal remembrance. Mrs Miggins has walked down to the local cenotaph - I can’t walk too well at present to get there but I do get to remember ever day - sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @gennepher - I love your waterfall painting - a great tribute to J - a very personal remembrance. Mrs Miggins has walked down to the local cenotaph - I can’t walk too well at present to get there but I do get to remember ever day - sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
Those who walked the hard yards like you are more than entitled to such memories. Virtual man hug cum winner and kudos to you and all your ilk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thank you @dunelm

J served in the Suez Canal Zone, early 50's (he was much older than me). I carry his memories of this. He described them, funny as well as bad, and they are as vivid as moving pictures in my mind.

Hugs for you. Inadequate, I know.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Doubly poignant day today not only Remembrance Sunday but the anniversary of my mothers birthday.

Reactions: karen8967

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Stood outside the door for 2 minute silence noticed one other neighbour on the cul de sac did likewise as we waved to acknowledge each other, he is stationed at RAF Spadeadam so kinda expected him to be there

Lest we forget

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

Sunday again :) lunch at mum's, italian meatballs with lots of cheese :angelic:
Afters was fruit crumble, I did not manage to resist :sorry: the fruit was stuff from mum's (pear) and a neighbours (bramley apple) stewed together sweetened with erythritol.
Topping was a try out at making something LCish crumble looking. I used a mix of ground almond and sunflower seeds, whey protein and erythritol with a bit of wheat gluten added. then made it into a crumble with some butter. Looked good and tasted fine, it was quite light, not exactly crumble but much lower carb ;) it all went anyway. Baked about 10 mins to brown and served with cream :D (bg 2 hrs later is 4.4 and fingers crossed for tomorrow's fasting bg)

A reflective day, mr gee's dad was in the army during WWII and his mum and dad met because mum was in the land army. the uncle mr gee was named for was killed by a sniper in Italy whilst laying communication cables.

Hope your day is treating you gently:)

@Cumberland - hello there, nice to see you :)

@dunelm - a very thought provoking and sensitive piece of art, thank you.

@gennepher - a beautiful and evocative memory beautifully painted, the water and foliage are lovely :)

@ianpspurs - the way I look at it at least this WOE gives us some level of chance for a measure of control and improvement, beats the alternative ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - What a lovely autumn painting, and thank you for sharing the process stages with us. That foreground foliage is fantastic :joyful:

art bit -

still working on sky
upload_2020-11-8_18-19-1.jpeg

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland,
I think our paths have crossed on here somewhere before.

I am almost your neighbour!
But of course you are a city boy, me just a country lad.
Atb
Derek

Born and bred black red (Dalstonian)

Great to hear from you bumpkin chops