What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who were busy earlier this morning.

A straight 5.0 this morning on the meter of mystery and misbehaving.

Well fellow posters and painters a busy morning here in TilehurstTowers, plinky plonky ( keyboard ) practice done, breakfast cooked and consumed, then up to the Gp's for a shielding blood test, now home. No chance of a relax, things to do, plans to make and most importantly supervise Mrs J while she wanders round the local supermarket, but only from the outside, what Mrs J purchases while inside will be an unknown.

Must go now, have a great day and remember try to make a stranger smile, it might make their day or more likely scare the living daylights out of them.

lindisfel

Expert
A woman classical scholar broke into uncontrollable laughter when some supporter of Trump likened his present phase to Achilles. When she was able to pulled herself together she likened Trump to Agamemnon's behaviour.

Trump doesn't want to be fired and is making himself a laughing stock of the world. It's a good job he is not in a dictatorship and can't declare himself life president.
Hubristic politicians give one the creeps.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So this is what normies have been turning to during lockdown. I rarely eat meat these days as without gravy it is largely a waste of the time spent chewing, power for cooking and cost of meat. Very definitely a weakness of LC for me. According to nutritional analysis of Bisto a 50 gms portion is ok at 2 gms carb but who would bother with that piffling amount? Oxo, weak and watery as it is, comes up at 1.1 gms carb per 100 mls allegedly. Xantham gum may be the way forward. We have tried thickening with cauliflower in Mr Nutribullet but it is white and Julie's FODMAP issues make cauli a big no no. How do others deal with #gravgate (or being in a relationship with a deranged person who thinks it is acceptable for meat to be well done? Just show it a picture of some heat and job done - except pork)

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

SilverK

Another long day, funeral and then more work at MILS bungalow and late home. So not much painting but decided to start another splodge and splatter watercolour, Misty Sherbrook Valley at the stepping stones painting. I have never painted this scene satisfactorily not sure if this method will achieve a better result, Tuesday will see it finished....about 15 minutes so far, A4 watercolour.
View attachment 45277

I love this version. I think you should call it done!

SilverK

Thought I’d add to the art today, no, NOT my work (I wish!!). David Cowdry. A Carmarthenshire based artist and fellow member of the Royal Watercolour Society of Wales. - We are not worthy!
Love way too many to post, but these’ll give you a taste. :)
IMG_3091.jpg
IMG_3090.jpg
IMG_3089.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I’d add to the art today, no, NOT my work (I wish!!). David Cowdry. A Carmarthenshire based artist and fellow member of the Royal Watercolour Society of Wales. - We are not worthy!
Love way too many to post, but these’ll give you a taste. :)
View attachment 45286View attachment 45287View attachment 45288
Thank you for sharing those. The 3rd one is my favourite. Reminds me of walking our old dogs by The Great Ouse. Must be hot in here, my eye sweated a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ymdawd and jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Dogs walked. Visited the farm for eggs and milk. Very misty morning.
Zoom classes from lunch time. Really enjoyed yesterday's classes = class members dogs and cats joined in also.
Am not missing the travelling back late at night nor the deep cleaning of the loos and floors and surfaces in the venues.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Dogs walked. Visited the farm for eggs and milk. Very misty morning.
Zoom classes from lunch time. Really enjoyed yesterday's classes = class members dogs and cats joined in also.
Am not missing the travelling back late at night nor the deep cleaning of the loos and floors and surfaces in the venues.
Zoom is the new black. Amazing that it took a pandemic to drag us kicking and screaming into the 21st century - or, eventually, out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Zoom is the new black. Amazing that it took a pandemic to drag us kicking and screaming into the 21st century - or, eventually, out of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Yes, I was defintely dragged kicking and screaming onto Zoom, but it has worked out really well. We saw Biden speaking yesterday and were struck by how different he was from the current president. Hopefully there won't be too many legal battles ahead.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2 I think it was...or 6.3...

My painting I have been playing in Procreate this morning. Just 2 brushes, the soft airbrush tool, and the leaves tool. And the blender tool also.
View attachment 45285

Edit: Just realised the trees on the left of the yellowy-orange sky, in the middle, looks like the face of a hedgehog...
Great use of the airbrush tool and the blender - good compositor - leafy hedgehogs rule

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2 I think it was...or 6.3...

My painting I have been playing in Procreate this morning. Just 2 brushes, the soft airbrush tool, and the leaves tool. And the blender tool also.
View attachment 45285

Edit: Just realised the trees on the left of the yellowy-orange sky, in the middle, looks like the face of a hedgehog...
A prickly subject to tackle. :) I like the bold colours and detail in the sky along with the subtle colour of the path inviting the viewer in.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished yesterday's watercolour of Sherbrook Valley Stepping Stones. Still not how I would like to paint them but better than others I have done. Splash, flick and splodge painting the masters would turn in their graves. Still here it is Watercolour A4 about 90 minutes....
IMG_4057.JPG

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

4.8 today

got a twingy knee today to go with my sniffle, still we creak along :hilarious:

chill fog stayed from yesterday morning through to this evening before lifting just in time for mr gee to get his first retinopathy scan done at the community hospital. See the technician, get the eyedrops, back outside to wait in the car park whilst the drops take effect :sorry: back inside for pics after 15 mins. :D glad we were in a car ;)

Anyway the fog was lifting and we'd arrived a bit early so we had a quick walk round the car park in the sun before his appointment :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Interesting way of starting a painting and, as you know, I like seeing the process. it's like allowing the painting to emerge from the mist :joyful: and the finished painting has a lovely serene quality. I particularly like the reflections in the water :)

@dunelm - spatter seems to be the order of the day :hilarious: I like the way using that technique has added movement and your trees are strong as always :)

@gennepher - I like today's painting, lovely warm autumn colours and a pleasing composition. I can see the hedgepig too ;)

art bit -

seems like art materials are as addictive as any other craft material. I've ordered a palette of paints from Koh I Noor just for fun thinking they may do me for plein air ink and wash sketching, not sure whether they are lightfast etc. but they are compact and were pretty cheap ;)

plus I ordered another couple of brushes, (liner/riggers).

anyway - just a few autumn leaves today :)

upload_2020-11-10_18-38-44.jpeg

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
He did get married later on in his life but he got zapped on his motorbike on the Thursby bypass going to work at the Wigton factory, an overtaking van was at fault going to Carlisle, it pulled out without looking.
Afraid I cant remember the name of the mature lady he married.

I went with him, Dave Hickson from the Nursery in Dalston, plus others on a birding trip to Tunisia in the late 80's.
He had the most incredible eyesight that would not have shamed a first nation Australian..
But now he sleeps under a tree in the churchyard with a rather nice gravestone.
D.

Hicksons nursery crikey

Julie was in my year at school

I get all my garden plants from there, and my late mother worked there too many moons ago

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull thank you for your appreciation of the stepping stones.

Your leaves today are very well drawn and painted, I struggle with still life/nature drawing, you have it mastered.

Rihgger brushes of all sizes are at the moment one of my most used brushes and not just for fine lines, I use them flat over the surface of embossed watercolour paper.

Edit... meant to give a hug for twinges.

SilverK

Any one here got any experience of amitriptyline? Took it for the first time last night. Only a very low dose. It think it’s s’posed to take a little while to have any effect coz I can’t say it’s helping much yet. Sooooo tired today though. Is that normal? Sugars are up as the dietician is having me “experiment” with a very different insulin regime. I shouldn’t think that would be making me this tired, would it??

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any one here got any experience of amitriptyline? Took it for the first time last night. Only a very low dose. It think it’s s’posed to take a little while to have any effect coz I can’t say it’s helping much yet. Sooooo tired today though. Is that normal? Sugars are up as the dietician is having me “experiment” with a very different insulin regime. I shouldn’t think that would be making me this tired, would it??
I was prescribed Amitriptyline for my Fibromyalgia I seem to remember 10mg it knocked me out, I had brain fog, could not function, sat in a chair all day trying to stay conscious. After 3 days of this I stopped taking them and never did again they really were life stopping. I told a different doctor and he told me as hard as it seems Aerobic activity helps, for 5 years now that's how I control my Fibromyalgia pain and mind Fog, it works but is very hard to motivate oneself when feeling so rubbish.

My wife was also given Amitriptyline for Polymyalgia, it did absolutely nothing for my wife, no effect whatsoever.

Do you know for what you have been given this drug?

Reactions: alf_Josiah