Type 1'stars R Us

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Do we not have a separate what have you eaten today forum to type 2s or do you guys write in there? I would like to take part but it is only ever type 2s that write in there

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, don't know where the last couple of days have gone, I've been busy with all kinds of thiings. Dog walking/training/playdates (in liquid mud! ugh), gardening, heaps of organising stuff with the volunteer work I do, shopping, paperwork, and here I am three days on.

@Choosehappy there honestly does come a time when it's such a part of your routine that you'll forget whether or not you've injected, or you'll look at a plate of food and just know how much insulin you need. We all manage things in our own way, and it takes a while to find the way that suits you. Some of us low carb, some of us eat everything, most of us I'd say don't go too heavy on cakes/biscuits/sweets as those things can, even when you get your insulin requirements right, cause spikes in blood glucose which aren't a great idea. Sounds to me as if you're off to a great start, well done you!

@Marie 2 fingers crossed for your friend. I live in a part of England which has consistently had the lowest rate of Covid. Last night the NHS app told me that the risk level in my area is now high - not comforting.

@Fairygodmother glad you've recovered from that one, doeesn't sound nice. No, don't know about @porl69 and nothing shows up on his profile. Haven't heard from @LooperCat in a while either, hope she's okay.

Reactions: karen8967

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been gone for so long, I’m surprised porl69 isn’t around. I haven’t seen him post anything, I hope he is okay.

It’s nice to read everyone’s updates, extremely refreshing!

Are you guys ready for Black Friday? And Christmas?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: Robinredbreast

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Choosehappy I see @Antje77 posted the T1 thread , it hasn't been active lately but gets resurrected off and on.

@MeiChanski I'm not sure how many stores are doing Black Friday sales this year. Most of them seemed to start with unanounced sales starting Nov 1st because they don't want the crowds Black Friday causes.

@hh1 That was us, no cases on our island for months and they decided to welcome tourists without a quarantine if they get a covid test 3 days before they arrive and test negative, They wanted a second test but the governor turned our mayor down. So we have a voluntary second test but only 200 people have done that and we have 14 cases from that second test. That puts our island at 100-300 cases probably out there amongst the travelers that haven't taken a second test.

From no worries because of no cases on our island to 3 in the hospital already out of 14 known cases. The cat is out of the bag now and it's on our island. We're in hermitizing mode again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosehappy

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone.
That’s just so sad to hear @Marie 2. Hope you stay safe! Is your island still welcoming visitors?
I see that here it’s said we’ve the highest death toll in Europe, but it seems the way figures are arrived at, and the day by day developments everywhere, mean it’s a fleeting snapshot.
Basal up again, as the weather warmed the lower doses were clearly not enough and I’m now heartily sick of the number of times I’ve been giving myself half units of Fiasp. It’s so much more of an effort when there are more clothes to move around.
Husbands taking himself off on a long walk which includes buying lots of chocolate, for himself. He declares he needs it in a pandemic. I’m not arguing with his diagnosis.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, @MeiChanski sorry, forgot to say good to see you again. I know what you mean about not seeing family. I saw my sister & b-in-law in September, first time in over a year. I haven't seen my stepson and d-in-law since April 2019. They moved to Barcelona, then any leave he had that year was used up visitng his dying mother in Scotland and sorting out her affairs. We were due to see each other early this year and I don't need to say any more, do I.
@Marie 2 that sounds horrific. I don't understand why risks are taken when there's no need, although I've no idea of the economic effect on your island if no tourists are allowed. If I ran a business that was likely to close and leave me destitute if tourisrs continued to be barred I might feel very differently. I've reached the conclusion that I actually have no idea of the best way to deal with Covid, so because I can, without much difficulty, obey the rules, I do. I feel so sorry for those in really really difficult circumstances right now. I miss my family, I miss some freedoms, but boy do I know how lucky I am in many ways.

Reactions: MeiChanski
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I’ve been gone for so long, I’m surprised porl69 isn’t around. I haven’t seen him post anything, I hope he is okay.

It’s nice to read everyone’s updates, extremely refreshing!

Are you guys ready for Black Friday? And Christmas?

I never do Black Friday, tbh we have enough blackness in out lives already, but hoping Christmas will be better and my son, who is on his own, will be able to come round.
Nice to see you back :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
And it rises again. I agree @LooperCat, pandemics suck. Had a very distanced IT chat with two friends today, remembering when life could be full of meeting up, laughing, being daft, discussing what we then thought was important. And now we talk about how the mutual friend who has COVID is doing. It’s all changed so swiftly. Don’t wear yourself out @LooperCat, and stay healthy. Stay healthy everyone.

Reactions: Marie 2

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Evening everyone :)

in an amazing mood today, diagnosed only 2 weeks ago but my nurse said I am doing remarkable so far! I am very proud and so happy and feeling blessed to have such a supportive nurse! Just can’t wait for lockdown to end so I can see my family again and... go for an engagement meal, i got engaged this week!

that is if my partner allows it, he won’t let me out to supermarkets at the moment due to covid!! I do go on daily walks with my dogs though, I know going out is a risk, I just want to feel some normality!

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!

in an amazing mood today, diagnosed only 2 weeks ago but my nurse said I am doing remarkable so far! I am very proud and so happy and feeling blessed to have such a supportive nurse! Just can’t wait for lockdown to end so I can see my family again and... go for an engagement meal, i got engaged this week!

that is if my partner allows it, he won’t let me out to supermarkets at the moment due to covid!! I do go on daily walks with my dogs though, I know going out is a risk, I just want to feel some normality!
How is everyone tonight? I know it’s a while off but what are your hopes for the new year?

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Congratulations on your engagement ,and well done on mamaging so well keep up the good work x

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations @Choosehappy
1.gif

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Thank you so much everyone! I have a long way to go but I am off to a good start and that is what counts! Can’t wait for the daphne course to start back up, I still need to do Bertie yet as well! Work has been so busy but I have 10 lovely days off after tomorrow so I am in the best mood! Night all xx

Reactions: Clivethedrive