xDrip+ Calibration

Sadjers

Hello,
I have just started using a Miao Miao with xDrip+ App. I'm still trying to understand the nuances of this system and hope that this is my first step towards going Closed Loop.
I've noticed that I need to add calibration readings in frequently and was wondering what reading I should use. So far I use both my Freestyle reader scanned and blood test readings. I've also noticed a default 24hr since calibration warning. Further, the deviations between slope and readings on the calibration graph have increased. So my questions:
1. How often to add calibration readings?
2. What reading type should I use (scan/blood)?
3. Should I delete the calibration graph periodically?
Thanks. Christopher.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
I have just started using a Miao Miao with xDrip+ App. I'm still trying to understand the nuances of this system and hope that this is my first step towards going Closed Loop.
I've noticed that I need to add calibration readings in frequently and was wondering what reading I should use. So far I use both my Freestyle reader scanned and blood test readings. I've also noticed a default 24hr since calibration warning. Further, the deviations between slope and readings on the calibration graph have increased. So my questions:
1. How often to add calibration readings?
2. What reading type should I use (scan/blood)?
3. Should I delete the calibration graph periodically?
Thanks. Christopher.

Hi Christopher,

I simply use my meter to calibrate the xDrip.

I tend to check calibrations on waking? Or against any meter reading during the day. Tweaking as appropriate. (yep i still test too.)
For me. As long as the dots on the graph counting back 20/15 minutes (3 or 4 historical readings.) are with in 0.6mmol?
I'm happy with that..

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I always calibrate against finger pricks because one of the reasons I use xDrip+ is that Libre is very inaccurate for me and xDrip+ uses a different algorithm to convert interstitial fluid readings to blood glucose which seems to be better suited to my body.

I calibrate when my blood sugar is most stable - this is usually first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
I dose for food from xDrip+ but no for corrections when high or low as I find the readings least accurate then.

I recommend the xDrip facebook group. You have to request membership but as the developers are in the group, you get useful responses.

Reactions: Sadjers

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I agree with @In Response's post. I only use finger prick calibration, and I don't enter calibrations above 8 or below 4, but all of the others.

Reactions: Sadjers