Question .. dunno if it’s been asked before but here goes

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Ok just doing this cause I want to see whose like me ,
Simple question
Star Wars or Star Trek.

myself it’s Star Wars every time even put down Jedi as religion when I’ve been in hospital, asked why I said I have more chance of seeing Obi Wan Kenobi than God , ( sorry to all religious people reading this no disrespect inferred but it’s a personal thing)
I sloped off technical college was an apprentice to go and watch the 3 Star Wars original films one after the other Awesome lol
I’m even doing a few Star Wars cross stitch will post them on the what I’m doing during lockdown thread.
May the force be with you !,

Reactions: karen8967

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Star Wars but I do like Star Trek too but prefer the old movies compared to the spate of run off series there were. Didnt mind the new reboot Star Trek either

Saying Star Wars though the new three parter thats about I cant stand the girl who plays Rey. Voice is like nails on a blackboard to me. Cant beat the original trilogy (that shows my age I reckon)

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Star Wars but I do like Star Trek too but prefer the old movies compared to the spate of run off series there were. Didnt mind the new reboot Star Trek either

Saying Star Wars though the new three parter thats about I cant stand the girl who plays Rey. Voice is like nails on a blackboard to me. Cant beat the original trilogy (that shows my age I reckon)

I’m with you on the old ones , they have everything a good film needs good guy , bad guy with good not always winn8ng plus a few wee twist on the way, I’ve watched The Mandalorian and got to admit I really enjoyed it .

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok just doing this cause I want to see whose like me ,
Simple question
Star Wars or Star Trek.

myself it’s Star Wars every time even put down Jedi as religion when I’ve been in hospital, asked why I said I have more chance of seeing Obi Wan Kenobi than God , ( sorry to all religious people reading this no disrespect inferred but it’s a personal thing)
I sloped off technical college was an apprentice to go and watch the 3 Star Wars original films one after the other Awesome lol
I’m even doing a few Star Wars cross stitch will post them on the what I’m doing during lockdown thread.
May the force be with you !,
Trekkie here, sorry. I've watched almost everything of SW, the original trilogy 6 times now or something. Never did start on the Mandalorian though, because I discovered I really didn't care about any of the characters...

Capt. Picard is a badass though. So yeah. And meeting Dr. Beverly Crusher was awesome. :) Sorry. I seem to be in the minority here, haha!
FB_IMG_1593149107737.jpg

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Trekkie here, sorry. I've watched almost everything of SW, the original trilogy 6 times now or something. Never did start on the Mandalorian though, because I discovered I really didn't care about any of the characters...

Capt. Picard is a badass though. So yeah. And meeting Dr. Beverly Crusher was awesome. :) Sorry. I seem to be in the minority here, haha!View attachment 42337

deffo no need to apologise for your preference , I had a mate in work who was a Trekkie and to be honest I loved it when I was young old Capt Kirk and Spock, I remember trying to do Spocks thing with his fingers never could manage it as a wean but can do it now 50 years on hmm am wondering if that’s called progress lol .
Thanks for your post
“ live long and prosper”

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby found some of my dad's trekkie fan stuff when cleaning out a cupboard. I forgot I had them so might give them a go and see if I can find out some obscure facts about Trek that I didnt know before.

Even found an Enterprise shaped clock!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nobody wanted to take me to see the gold robot, the big monkey & the whistling dustbin when I was nine.
So I went on a date with a friend of my older sister's.

There is some pretty good fight choreography in the prequals, but that's about it. Regarding the onward story, I haven't even seen the last one.

Rogue one. Was however, impressive.

My wife is more a next gen Trekkie..

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nobody wanted to take me to see the gold robot, the big monkey & the whistling dustbin when I was nine.

Oh, that was child abuse. ;)
Glad you got there in the end.

At the moment I would say I am a Star Warsite, having just watched them all, in order, including Solo, Rogue One and The Mandalorian.

In the next week or two I intend to watch all the Star Trek films, in order. Particularly looking forward to Wrath of Khan :D

So I may transport into a Trekkie as I do so. Unlikely though. There is something less endearing about Star Trek, with its high moral tone of human ethical superiority and its lofty Prime Directive. Ironic, when you consider the culture that spawned it all...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, that was child abuse. ;)
Glad you got there in the end.

At the moment I would say I am a Star Warsite, having just watched them all, in order, including Solo, Rogue One and The Mandalorian.

In the next week or two I intend to watch all the Star Trek films, in order. Particularly looking forward to Wrath of Khan :D

So I may transport into a Trekkie as I do so. Unlikely though. There is something less endearing about Star Trek, with its high moral tone of human ethical superiority and its lofty Prime Directive. Ironic, when you consider the culture that spawned it all...

It was a great afternoon.. :)

Did you ever get an "annual" at chrismas??
So by this time it becomes well established "little Jay likes spacemen."
Christmas 1979 I unwrapped this... :cool: :nailbiting:

Lol, I can see the confusion regarding Star Wars & the bold yellow font...

image.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:D

All my annuals were Rupert the Bear.
Still are, actually ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:D

All my annuals were Rupert the Bear.
Still are, actually ;)

I think the previous year I got a Kenny Everett annual. But, don't have that anymore.. :(

Kids today don't know they are booooooooorn! ;)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont have annuals, I do however have a die cast millenium falcon, an airfix millenium falcon and an original Wicket plush toy from Return of the Jedi. It's floating about somewhere in the grandkids bedroom as a cuddly toy (yes it's probably worth loads but they were meant to be played with)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont have annuals, I do however have a die cast millenium falcon, an airfix millenium falcon and an original Wicket plush toy from Return of the Jedi. It's floating about somewhere in the grandkids bedroom as a cuddly toy (yes it's probably worth loads but they were meant to be played with)

Ah, the Ewoks... A lot more savage than portrayed? Whilst everybody across the galaxy was celibrating the defeat of the empire & the Skywalker/Solo "love triangle" thing was sorting it's self out.

Those little fury tree dwellers with a simpler agenda were just partying after a "hunt."
Stormtroopers were on the buffet menu.. ;)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Star Trek. Not so far as a Trekkie though. The "Enterprise" series was very good. And Picard, my absolute favorite captain of all time.

I happened to see the first Chris-Pine-as-William-Shatner movie at 4 weeks out on a hip replacement. I took some percocet (codeine/paracetamol) so I could sit comfortably for that amount of time. Consequently, I think Pine was absolutely brilliant at channeling Shatner, and I saw very many funny references to TOS and the first four movies. I believe I was the only one in the theater who did .......

Also, Tribbles are cuter than Ewoks....

walk39isl

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Both. An ex looked like an Ewok too and watched Star Trek. I have just watched Galaxy Quest and Paul.