Minimed veo alarm question

Janerd

Hi
My daughter went on the pump last week. Everything ok and she's getting the hang of things well, only problem is twice now she has forgot to push act in the pump and actually deliver the insulin. This morning at school I asked her to test 2hrs after breakfast and her sugar was 25.1, no keytones thank god. My question is, is there an alarm that can be set to alert if no insulin was delivered. I'm a bit surprised that you put all the info into the pump but if you don't actually complete the process the pump doesn't recognise that you haven't done so?
Jane

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
yes there is an alarm u can set but dylan is at school so dont have the pump in front of me and i cant remember which menu its in :(
we have set it to alarm if dylan has not had insulin between 12 and 1 as thats the bolus he is most likely to miss as hes on his own, if u havent had a more useful reply by the time dylan gets home i will look for the menu and let u know :D

anna marie

Janerd

Oh thanks for that. I'm sure I remember reading something about missed bolus alarm in the 900 page manual, lol.
It's a great little machine but still open to fat-finger or human error !

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
we love dylans pump i have to say its our new best friend :D :D

yes it will be in the manual not taken it out for a while so i couldnt tell u the page number good memory lol we tested dylan before bed last night and he was 28.3 :shock: :shock: i was sure he hadnt given his bolus but turned out he had a huge bubble in the tubing the insulin had no chance of getting through but he soon came down with a quick prime and bolus delivery :D

sounds like ur doing well keep up the good work

anna marie

Janerd

God, don't mention bubbles. I dread that happening. Although as days go by it all seems less dramatic, I'm a bit like "so what if we have to change the whole infusion set again", where that seemed a real big deal when they went through the what to do if the pump fails training.
The DSN doesn't expect Sophie to have too much problem with bubbles because she's taking large doses of insulin so the likelihood of bubbles forming is less than with the smaller doses younger children have. The two times Sophie's levels have shot up seem to have been due to not completing the bolus delivery. Although she has been unwell the past few days with a cough, she's blaming the pump for making her feel drained but she has had a few daily lows which the DSN said would make her feel dreadful
Jane

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
dylan is on so little insulin they checked he wasnt making his own as they couldnt believe it but he isnt making anything at all just doesnt seem to need alot hence why we got the pump because he was always low as half a unit could make such a huge different to his levels and suffered fits at night while hypo, thankfully the pump has changed all that for us and we wouldnt be without it :D :D

dont know if u have found it but its in the bolus menu then scroll down to missed bolus reminder and turn it on then set the times when u want reminding tada lol

anna marie

Janerd

Yes thanks, I found it and have set three missed boluses. For the lunch one for instance I set it from between 11.30 and 2pm, am i right in thinking that it will only alarm once it gets to 2pm and sophie hasnt eaten, and not at regular intervals between 11.30 and 2pm.
Jane

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
dylans alarms after 1 if none is given so yes ur right :D hope it helps

anna marie