Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elviscole

Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

mine this morning was 8.7, didnt get up until half 9 though and did have a good double whiskey last night :oops:

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Many thanks. :wave:

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

4.6 fasting. 4.9 two hours post-breakfast.

Looks as though those pesky hormones are behaving today :D

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

6.6 (excellent for me). looks like the scare from yesterday worked miracles.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

6.2 again today. A bit too much wine over the weekend, possibly :oops:

Viv 8)

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

5.6 for me.

Ann

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

5.3 for me-getting better :)

Funfly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Between 11.5 and 14 at the moment. Just starting on medication.
Feel tired all the time, headaches, lassitude, painful legs, no feeling in my feet.
Hope it bloody gets better soon.

alliebee

boo hoo Mine was 17 yeasterday :(

Just started this week on gllicazide 80mg then two days later two tabs and highest bg 25 yesterday
after 2 years so well controlled
Am feeling fit for nothing and metaformin just decided to give me the runs again

have appt with clinic thurs
watch this space eh hey happy days oh well back to the loo lol

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.

5.1 this morning.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

5.0 fasting.
4.2 two-hours post-breakfast

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

SparkJack said:
Happy Birthday Dougie 22
The odd celebratory day with friends never does any harm. Probably better for you than abstinence in this instance. XXXX

Thanks SparkJack

7.5 this morning (not great for me)

Blast! I was 6.6 yesterday and had a pretty good day (for me) of 1500 calories and 180 carbs with a -400 calorie gym session thrown in for good luck. (I was 5.8 two hours after breakfast and after the gym) 7.9 two hours after dinner.

Suspicion falls on the one meringue shell after dinner (Only 12.5g carbs, all sugar) as everything else was pretty standard for me.

Also lay a little longer this morning (3/4 hour) due to the attrocious weather. I'm beginning to suspect longer lies increase my fasting levels quite a bit.

starlight1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people who have no manners

my fasting blood test this morning was 10.7 I was 16.2 yesterday, i am on 3x 500mg of metformin and 40 mg gliclizide I am also low carb dieting, My fasting blood tests are high every morning and continue to be high throughout the day, I dont know where i am going wrong can anyone give me some advice. thanks x

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Dougie22 posted:

Also lay a little longer this morning (3/4 hour) due to the attrocious weather. I'm beginning to suspect longer lies increase my fasting levels quite a bit.

Quite right, Dougie! Once we are on the climb up to waking our livers pump some glucose into the system to get us properly awake and ready for activity. A non-diabetic would simply produce insulin to deal with the higher glucose level; if you don't produce enough insulin, or are insulin resistant, the glucose level stays high.

If you want a lie-in, test when you first wake up and then go back to bed! :lol:

5.8 at 08:00 today.

Had my first drive of my new-to-me 10 year old Volvo estate today. Bliss! :D :thumbup:

On the down side, I've got a rampant toothache. :( :thumbdown:

Viv 8)

wintergreen

hi all,my first involvement in this and i am convused to say the least about the bc results everyone but me seems to get .first thing in the morning straight out of bed i am getting between 17 and 21,i then have my lantus at 28 units which drops bc to about 15...then up to lunch...4 units of nova rapid,then it goes mad for some unknown reason to me and can reach 30/32 or even go to hi,by this time the thrust gets bad so10 more units of nova rapid before evening meal.
i have been told by the doc that because i also have crohns they are finding my diabetic probs hard to control ........would just like to know if anyone else has got the same probs,any advise or tips would be more than welcome.
john

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.

Hi John and welcome to the forum :) I would suggest that you start a new thread with what you have written here as your post here could get overlooked.

suzie_girl

7.6, bit disappointed because it was 5.6 last night.

I seem to be about 7ish generally before I have my morning and evening metformin, my original diagnosis fasting readings were around there.

I often don't eat until at least 10, it was 10.40 the other day, so i'll take that advice too and get my lazy ass some breakfast a bit earlier.

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

8.7 at about 7.15 am
Slice of turkey for breakfast (yes I like turkey all year round!)
8.1 midday

My pattern seems to be the DP starts the day and then gradually bs levels reduce throughout the day if I strictly low carb.

Breakfast in bed, out of bed, early, later - DP still there so not bothering now to test until 2 hours after I eat b'fast (T2 metformin SR 500 x2)

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

viviennem said:
Quite right, Dougie! Once we are on the climb up to waking our livers pump some glucose into the system to get us properly awake and ready for activity. A non-diabetic would simply produce insulin to deal with the higher glucose level; if you don't produce enough insulin, or are insulin resistant, the glucose level stays high.

If you want a lie-in, test when you first wake up and then go back to bed!

So if you remember, yesterday I had a lie in (half an hour anyway) and had a fasting reading of 7.5 (dissapointing for me).

Today I had to be up early (an hour earlier than usual) and had a 5.7 (excellent for me).

I had very little variation in diet, either in calories or carbs the day before these readings.

I do value a daily read to see how I'm doing in the longer term. Do you think we should be taking bedtime readings instead. I've usually not had anything after dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.