What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
There was a discussion on R4 today at lunch time. They in effect said, if we think Covid is going to hit the country bad financially, an hard Brexit without a deal will be far worse, with serious consequences for the rest of many of our lives.

Ahh R4, as I soon learnt many, many years ago to name it " Radio Doom, Gloom and Despondency ). Listening to their news reports drove my thoughts to almost suicidal levels, but at the time I was working in the armaments industry on some very naughty stuff, that to this day I am not proud of.

This was before I became a male provider in the ladies satisfaction industry and door to door salesman, selling implements that pleased ladies and easier on the conscience. Luckily I am now retired and far to old to think about returning to work.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As I said in my morning post 'Time moves on' and in less time than it's taken me to put shelves in garage at daughters and renovate a set of old Avery Brass Scales found in MILs loft the arts flown in.
@gennepher A very happy if not plump cat with a bemused look saying "I'm slim why have you done this to me?" Made me smile thank you.

@dunelm Your Bamboo drawings always fascinate me they are so well drawn such A variety of brush work. Landscape dominated by that tree, brilliant as usual.

@Alien Aspie Wow, Walt Disney studios eat your heart out. When do we get the full animated feature movie?

The renovated Scales had completely black Brass, the wooden Bass was all water stained. So elbow grease on the Brass and a good sand and polishwith Bri Wax on the wood which looking at the wood dust must be Mahogany. For now they have found a home in our conservatory.
View attachment 45416

Zoom meeting with members of the West Gallery Quire we sing in this afternoon, must get my makeup on if I'm going to look my best. :)
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist - I do enjoy the process of painting bamboo even though the brush stroke is quite tricky - sort of doing landings and take offs and not going too fast.
Nicely restored scales and well worth keeping. Remember, when you are weighing your gold, converting mass units from avoirdupois ounces to troy ounces, 1 oz. = 0.9114582357508 oz.tr.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindisfel did you yellerbellies use the term "frez up my ninny?" LC eating frequently leaves me feeling that way so I assume up there in the Frozen Norff you must be far worse.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My first attempt at abstract watercolour Autumn landscape, I have no idea what I am doing just wet and colour and a lot of spraying, don't know where it will go from here. Watercolour A4 so far 15 minutes. Will finish Monday have to cook dinner as Mrs MC had a scary dizzy spell ended up on the floor we hope its Vertigo but the last time this happened was 8 years ago, checked Temp, BP and BG all seemed OK although BG was 8.9 which seemed high for a non Diabetic.

IMG_4091.JPG

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My first attempt at abstract watercolour Autumn landscape, I have no idea what I am doing just wet and colour and a lot of spraying, don't know where it will go from here. Watercolour A4 so far 15 minutes. Will finish Monday have to cook dinner as Mrs MC had a scary dizzy spell ended up on the floor we hope its Vertigo but the last time this happened was 8 years ago, checked Temp, BP and BG all seemed OK although BG was 8.9 which seemed high for a non Diabetic.

View attachment 45421
Hope Mrs MC is soon back to the rudest of rude health. Would you keep us informed please.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Ahh R4, as I soon learnt many, many years ago to name it " Radio Doom, Gloom and Despondency ). Listening to their news reports drove my thoughts to almost suicidal levels, but at the time I was working in the armaments industry on some very naughty stuff, that to this day I am not proud of.

This was before I became a male provider in the ladies satisfaction industry and door to door salesman, selling implements that pleased ladies and easier on the conscience. Luckily I am now retired and far to old to think about returning to work.
Yes I read your post on the subject and it shocked my puritan soul before it shocked the censor! :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.6 this morning

my arm muscle is a bit tender after the jab yesterday, but neither mr gee nor his mum seem to have any after effects so that's good :)

dinner at mum's today then home again for the evening :)
Tried feeding Katy some of the chicken left over from dinner and she wouldn't look at it, bit worrying until I realised it was because she was very suspicious of the sticking plaster on my finger :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Alien Aspie - that's a nicely done bit of animation especially for a first shot at it with that app. :)

@gennepher - hope the tech. is responding better today. Popeye looks large and in charge today :D

@dunelm - some lovely especially delicate bamboo for today and I like the building just peeping out from the foliage, adds a nice sense of scale to your landscape :)

@JohnEGreen - nice set of photos, very autumnal. Hope your son Adrian continues well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - an interesting start to your new picture, look forward to seeing it's progression.
Hope mrs MC soon feels better and has no further ill effects :)

art bit - thank you all for your kind comments on my art you're so supportive to us :joyful:

I didn't do any art yesterday :sorry:, the sticking plaster made controlling the brush a little awkward, I shall have to try to do two now to catch up ;)

Need to get the scanner out to scan the next batch of art soon too ;)

this was a darkish day with light on the far hills

upload_2020-11-15_18-53-38.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have had a week of the bass part from 'To God be the Glory' since singing it on Monday at my Aunts funeral.

For me it's "I Watch The Sunrise" one of the hymns I chose for my mum's funeral service don't think there is a day since that it has not played in my head at some point.

I do hope Mrs MC is feeling much better now.

lindisfel

Expert
@lindisfel did you yellerbellies use the term "frez up my ninny?" LC eating frequently leaves me feeling that way so I assume up there in the Frozen Norff you must be far worse.
No, but I have heard worse.

I can remember the 46/47 winter and going sledging for first time down the edge of the limestone escapement.
I did actually get slight frostbite in my fingers on a motorbike in the 62/63 winter, after I joined Auntie.
D.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It would seem our illustrious leader is having to self isolate after coming into contact with some one who subsequently tested positive for covid 19.

And that person it would seem was our MP unfortunately his wife also has tested positive.

And no matter what you think of Lee Anderson his wife is a very nice person who also happens to have CF and had a double lung transplant two years ago so testing positive is no small thing for her.
They do both have covid symptoms.

And so I shall say a prayer for them tonight.

And my blood sugars which I have just tested are at 11.5 after a dinner of roasted chicken leg quarters a few cherry tomatoes with broccoli and garlic butter and being at 8.2 at 19:51 I am I must admit a little mystified.

Last edited: