Type 1 Itchiness with feet

Bails112

Hi,
I don’t know if anyone could help me but I’ve discovered my feet have started to itch a lot lately especially at night or when I put socks on. I searched it up and obviously it came up with diabetes and foot problems and says it could be related to High blood sugar, but I control my sugars so I don’t think it’s that. Does anyone know what else it could be? I’ve checked my feet and nothing has changed they just get red from me scratching them so much! Thanks :)

walk39isl

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
See your gp nurse practitioner or diabetes clinic or tell your gp. Itching can be the elastic in the socks or synthetic fibre socks or on the tops of the feet it may be the blood vessels/smoking related. I used to itch on my feet tops in the same way but changed the shoes to Toetectors safety shoes (Asda £22) from trainers and hard boots and changed my socks and advised my gp of the itching so the components of my meds may have been changed to include or remove something.
Bottom of the feet itching I had too (I have liver disease) but not recently either. Either way have a chat with your gp. I have diabetic foot condition (broken feet across top twenty years ago) and that may be part of it.

Reactions: Bails112

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Hi,
I don’t know if anyone could help me but I’ve discovered my feet have started to itch a lot lately especially at night or when I put socks on. I searched it up and obviously it came up with diabetes and foot problems and says it could be related to High blood sugar, but I control my sugars so I don’t think it’s that. Does anyone know what else it could be? I’ve checked my feet and nothing has changed they just get red from me scratching them so much! Thanks :)
Have you recently got your T1 under control? When I first controlled my T2 I got itchy feet and electric like shocks through them at night. It gradually went away and I haven't had it since. /apparently, removing sugar from the blood can enable the nerves to partly repair and this can cause your symptoms.
I would still speak to you doctor, just in case. It can be have many causes.