Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Not me.. Wrong gender wrong age. (Though, do remember "being the only D in the village.")

However, I can tag in @MeiChanski , to say hello. (met her at a T1 meet up. & glad I did.)

Reactions: notafanofsugar

david.ed.bullock

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey I am interested in keeping in touch to help support and encourage one another. Feel free to message me :) I am 30yrs old and have had diabetes for 24 years nearly 25! x

Reactions: Miriam12345

Ash92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys - I’m Ashlea, 27 and got diagnosed at 20 with T1 Really been struggling with it for a while - but finally making changes .

Would’ve really helped if I’d known more people my age who had it. So always happy to chat and support!

Rylando88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hiya, I’m a bit older - 31 but I wouldn’t exactly call myself “mature” or “adult” haha! But happy to have a gab if you fancy it :) been type 1 since I was 10 years old!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh sorry, I just saw this. Not quite young, but I’m a few years older. I’m happy to chat if you are around

KansasCute

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I’m a little older, but in my heart I’m always 23, I will be glad to support you!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders, being a picky eater, anything green on my plate, except carrots.
Hey, so I just saw this post and thought I might add to it. I too am 23 and recently got diagnosed on the 2nd of this month, I don't know which type I have yet and waiting for results is daunting. How have you managed to handle everything for 13 years? I've barely had 3 weeks and I'm already feeling like I can't handle this for years to come.

dani96xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm a 23 year old female, been diabetic now for 13 years.

I'm just wondering if anyone the same age or there a outs want to talk I find it hard when it comes to talking about diabetes because I don't know any others!
Hello,

I know you posted a while back but I'm a 24 year old female and always here for a chat

Reactions: StephanieMarie98

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Thankyou so much for actually replying! Its nice to see that people are actually diabetic I'm not being punked or something..Definitely feels like that when I never meet anyone else!

Its definitely a scary journey having diabetes weather its type 1 or 2 and then to be added to by the lovely pandemic of 2020! (Yay..or something like that)

I love that this platform actually bring people together to some kind of normality (What even is normal..)

So let me ask..

What do we all do for fun? What hobbies do we have? && Are we single/married/engaged? Etc

Ill start..I don't have any I work for the emergency services so therefore all I do is work and sleep so I'm hoping someone's hobby might make me actually get off my **** and do something on my rare days off!

I am taken, my partner is my best friend weve been together officially 1year 7months but we were best friends for 2 years before and as much as he does my head in, I wouldn't change him for the entire world! Hes been there through it all and he definitely deals with the **** that comes hand in hand with diabetics! ESPICALLY the moods when im low...how I don't live in the garden is beyond me!

I want to know about you lot! Hopefully soon x

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Thankyou so much for actually replying! Its nice to see that people are actually diabetic I'm not being punked or something..Definitely feels like that when I never meet anyone else!

Its definitely a scary journey having diabetes weather its type 1 or 2 and then to be added to by the lovely pandemic of 2020! (Yay..or something like that)

I love that this platform actually bring people together to some kind of normality (What even is normal..)

So let me ask..

What do we all do for fun? What hobbies do we have? && Are we single/married/engaged? Etc

Ill start..I don't have any I work for the emergency services so therefore all I do is work and sleep so I'm hoping someone's hobby might make me actually get off my **** and do something on my rare days off!

I am taken, my partner is my best friend weve been together officially 1year 7months but we were best friends for 2 years before and as much as he does my head in, I wouldn't change him for the entire world! Hes been there through it all and he definitely deals with the **** that comes hand in hand with diabetics! ESPICALLY the moods when im low...how I don't live in the garden is beyond me!

I want to know about you lot! Hopefully soon x

Hey! I’m 22 been diabetic 14 years! I work in pharmacy as part of the nhs! And I’m taken too been with my partner nearly 5 years and he’s amazing with helping with my lows etc and Mood swings but sometimes it’s nice to talk with someone who actually gets it!! I also suffer with necrobiosis lipodica which is a skin condition connected with my diabetes apparently happy to talk and get to know you x

Reactions: keishamarie

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey! I’m 22 been diabetic 14 years! I work in pharmacy as part of the nhs! And I’m taken too been with my partner nearly 5 years and he’s amazing with helping with my lows etc and Mood swings but sometimes it’s nice to talk with someone who actually gets it!! I also suffer with necrobiosis lipodica which is a skin condition connected with my diabetes apparently happy to talk and get to know you x
Wow! You were diagnosed young!! Did you have all the common symptoms and is there a link in the family or are you the only one? & yay fellow NHS worker you understand my pain (I mean I love it but still..) - I personally haven't heard of your other condition but will definitely spend some time reading up on it. I have Gastropersis along side my diabetes unfortunately but its all part and parcel of the condition!
I love how your partner is supportive just like mine, it makes such a difference to have someone who might not know it but will help where they can!! Xx

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow that's a hard waiting game to play! I'm hoping you find out ASAP and get on the right track of treatment

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow! You were diagnosed young!! Did you have all the common symptoms and is there a link in the family or are you the only one? & yay fellow NHS worker you understand my pain (I mean I love it but still..) - I personally haven't heard of your other condition but will definitely spend some time reading up on it. I have Gastropersis along side my diabetes unfortunately but its all part and parcel of the condition!
I love how your partner is supportive just like mine, it makes such a difference to have someone who might not know it but will help where they can!! Xx

Yeah I was 8! And I lost like 3 stone in a matter of months felt generally unwell , always needed a wee always thirsty headache etc...and I’m the only type one in my family crazy!! & it all stemmed from hitting my leg on a metal table! It’s draining with what comes in part and parcel of this disease but we move on and deal with whatever it throws! Yeah he is really helpful he understands cos his dad is type 1 so he’s always been brought up around it!xxx

Reactions: keishamarie

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I was 8! And I lost like 3 stone in a matter of months felt generally unwell , always needed a wee always thirsty headache etc...and I’m the only type one in my family crazy!! & it all stemmed from hitting my leg on a metal table! It’s draining with what comes in part and parcel of this disease but we move on and deal with whatever it throws! Yeah he is really helpful he understands cos his dad is type 1 so he’s always been brought up around it!xxx
All the typical symptoms then! I had them all as well plus my hair falling out in clumps! - im the only type 1 as well! No one else has it so everyone adjusted to me (always needed attention!) Thata so lovely that your boyfriend is there and understands some of it! Some of my exs look at me like why am I dating a crackhead when I got my first needle out!!