Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My dobie is finally opening her eyes and has a prance back to her step. She obviously is starting to feel better. Phew, thank goodness. She had a few days of staying in a good range but today has needed some extra dosing for some reason. Makes no sense getting better and needing more insulin. But oh well.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin’ all. Sounds hideous @hh1, the weather that is. The 5.3 is lovely.
It was mild and breezy over here in the S East yesterday afternoon and the walk along the old Crab and Winkle line, with orange leaves and bare branches, was glorious. But the ochre coloured clay mud on the off track parts was ‘interesting’. Today, though, is a tad different, rain, wind, rain, wind. Cat refuses to go out. Hope the wet doesn’t get excessive in the West.
6.9 waking today. Not too bad, but . . . .

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I wonder if your dobie reacts to infections and antibiotics like we sometimes do @Marie2, and if her doses will revert to normal when she’s fully recovered? Good to hear her eyes are getting better.

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, hideous weather day here yesterday, went out with a friend and her dogs to walk yesterday afternoon having waited as late as possible because of the light, and after ten minutes the dogs wanted to turn round and come home. So we did. My floor was washed by what poured off our coats, theirs included!

Hope today's a bit better, woke up on a 5.3 thank you very much, can I have a badge please @SueJB or do I have to keep it up for the whole day? :hilarious:
@hh1, you get to wear the badge all day. It's the start I find is important

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 hope your girl recovers fully very soon. Their powers of recuperation are usually much better than humans, and it's horrid to see our own dogs in pain/discomfort and not to be able to reassure them in the way we can people. I really admire the way you deal with her diabetes, she's a lucky girl. Do yours have full tails and ears? My current girl fell for a truly beautiful dobie dog at puppy class, shame I'm not up for it as I thnk she and Gus would make lovely puppies ;) Never seen a dobie/GSP cross....

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Mornin’ all. Sounds hideous @hh1, the weather that is. The 5.3 is lovely.
It was mild and breezy over here in the S East yesterday afternoon and the walk along the old Crab and Winkle line, with orange leaves and bare branches, was glorious. But the ochre coloured clay mud on the off track parts was ‘interesting’. Today, though, is a tad different, rain, wind, rain, wind. Cat refuses to go out. Hope the wet doesn’t get excessive in the West.
6.9 waking today. Not too bad, but . . . .
@Fairygodmother you get a badge too because of the lovely colours

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
She's a "Blue" Dobie. Full ears and cropped tail. I got her from a dobie rescue. Dobies are the best ;).
She hates water, this is her planting her butt to not get closer to the surf.

Kai Beach L.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-15_11-16-58.png
    upload_2020-11-15_11-16-58.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
She's a "Blue" Dobie. Full ears and cropped tail. I got her from a dobie rescue. Dobies are the best ;).
She hates water, this is her planting her butt to not get closer to the surf.

View attachment 45423
I never knew there was such a thing as blue dobies. She's gorgeous; I so recognise those dropped ears when there's something they don't want to do, my pointer does exactly the same!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
Thank you for the badge @SueJB, it’s getting me through the two days of new sensor mayhem. The fallen leaves were good colours and shapes too. So are my lovely warm yellow wellies that are getting to know the back garden very well.
No badge today, woke lower than I like: a 3.2 LibreLink, 2.4 on the still-being-calibrated watlaa and ? on the blood meter because at that time of day I just couldn’t be bovvered. I’ll go to that one when deciding if it’s time for breakfast.
What a lot of beautiful dogs you all have! I’m glad yours is so much better now @Marie 2.
I gave husband a home cut yesterday, sent pics to daughters, and they declared it good. Phew. He no longer looks quite so ageing hippy, it’s visually taken 10 years off. Cat thought it the best game of the day, leaping about to catch his hair as it fell. It’s just the second cut since March and I do wonder if he feared what I might do with the scissors.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Daughters have a madly energetic, super bright and hugely affectionate Shiba Inu, and a hugely affectionate and daft eater of everything, and anything, Labrador.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My dobie has required enormous amounts of extra insulin, it's not a new vial or a new pen. It took me a day to figure it out it probably is the steroid eye drops. She required 18 extra units yesterday. They didn't bother her so much before but they were just used around the eyelid, this time she's getting them in the eye too. I guess she is as sensitive to steroids as her mom. I'm sure glad she has a Libre on her because now I have to watch for the sudden I don't need extra anymore and following drop.

She's doing real well, bright eyed and lively. She still has some slight swelling and some small bumps but she's going to be on an extra length of time of antibiotics so hopefully it goes away completely.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My dobie has required enormous amounts of extra insulin, it's not a new vial or a new pen. It took me a day to figure it out it probably is the steroid eye drops. She required 18 extra units yesterday. They didn't bother her so much before but they were just used around the eyelid, this time she's getting them in the eye too. I guess she is as sensitive to steroids as her mom. I'm sure glad she has a Libre on her because now I have to watch for the sudden I don't need extra anymore and following drop.

She's doing real well, bright eyed and lively. She still has some slight swelling and some small bumps but she's going to be on an extra length of time of antibiotics so hopefully it goes away completely.

I hope dogo gets better soon, I’m with her on waiting for a drop on my CGM graph. I’ve been in the double digits for a while

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, diabetes not great, entered the right amount of carbs but I’m high to the skies and I haven’t seen any movement or sign of dropping. But I’m sleeping on it because I’m not wasting my sleep waiting for a drop.

Does anyone feel like they’ve been left out in the dark since the pandemic happened? I still get appointments with my team and I’ve spoken to my new pump consultant, but I felt like I’m not receiving enough help compared to when I was on MDI.

Since I’ve received my pump at the beginning of the year, I had to figure it all out by myself with the help of the Medtronic group on Facebook.

Reactions: Jollymon

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Hello, diabetes not great, entered the right amount of carbs but I’m high to the skies and I haven’t seen any movement or sign of dropping. But I’m sleeping on it because I’m not wasting my sleep waiting for a drop.

Does anyone feel like they’ve been left out in the dark since the pandemic happened? I still get appointments with my team and I’ve spoken to my new pump consultant, but I felt like I’m not receiving enough help compared to when I was on MDI.

Since I’ve received my pump at the beginning of the year, I had to figure it all out by myself with the help of the Medtronic group on Facebook.

I agree that we are on our own. I’ll add that I can confirm that I think there is a you tube video for everything.

I a need to see a doctor in the middle of this pandemic the best that I could get was a video conference with my doctor. At least we have technology to support us working remotely.