What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not happy with bloods 6.4 this morning but very happy with the cholesterol experiment even though I didn't last the pace. Wanted to see how dynamic cholesterol is all I can say is it is much more dynamic that is assumed. Now to get bloods back down. :) Maybe a bad idea to have bought a cholesterol monitor so much playing time in there! Something to keep me busy during lockdown:D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I expect you people do a home test. I gave these up because the cost of the original kit is about the same as the strips that you need, many of which don’t work.
What really matters is the 3 monthly average which gives a better result. Unfortunately, due to Covid, it is impossible to get a diabetic review with a nurse to find out. This is poor especially that with social distancing and mask wearing it is perfectly safe. Frankly, this should be something that ought to be taken up at national level because there is no good reason that I know of preventing it. I have had both the flu and a pneumonia jab and to my knowledge practice nurses are not required to help staff shortages in hospitals.

After months of frustration I will write to my MP but wonder whether other diabetics are having a similar problem?

Yes but what was your FBG?

Oh and we people who home test bye and large tend to have better control over our diabetes than those who rely on infrequent A1c tests for their data that is my contention any way.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not happy with bloods 6.4 this morning but very happy with the cholesterol experiment even though I didn't last the pace. Wanted to see how dynamic cholesterol is all I can say is it is much more dynamic that is assumed. Now to get bloods back down. :) Maybe a bad idea to have bought a cholesterol monitor so much playing time in there! Something to keep me busy during lockdown:D

Wow, I would love to her more about this cholesterol monitor. I would like to get one. :)

Reactions: annabell1