Type 2 Fatty Liver disease and LCHF/Keto

SMS1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, which bit was niggling you?

Something about how in the 70's , fat was considered the reason for all ills, heart disease and clogged arteries then we got low fat this, low fat that. Now it's the other swing of the pendulum, It's just for me, this high fat or excess anything doesn't sit well but these are my personal thoughts. Science has really advanced. but I suppose I don't like having fatty liver disease. or don't wish exacerbate it.Maybe I am misinformed and have to read up on it further.

Last edited:

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Something about how in the 70's , fat was considered the reason for all ills, heart disease and clogged arteries then we got low fat this, low fat that. Now it's the other swing of the pendulum, It's just for me, this high fat or excess anything doesn't sit well but these are my personal thoughts. Science has really advanced. but I suppose I don't like having fatty liver disease. or don't wish exacerbate it.Maybe I am misinformed and have to read up on it further.

Hi SMS, yes, it's well worth reading upon. I think that (generally) fatty liver is actually caused more by an excess of glucose/insulin resistance etc than directly attributed to 'fatty food causes fatty liver'. I do know what you mean about a reluctance to eat 'fat' because it's been drummed into us it's bad but I think it's when you eat high fat AS WELL as high carb that the problems arise, and who's to say it was the fat causing problems and not the carbs anyway! There is lots of information on it and examples of people improving their fatty livers by going LCHF. Good luck. x