Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys,

This topic is not about who should be entitled to NHS treatment as a result to injury from the risks of physical persuits.

Can we stay on topic regarding updated new information as to which demographic is prioritised with the intended C19 vaccination program.

Thanx in advance.

Reactions: lovinglife

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can we stay on topic regarding updated new information as to which demographic is prioritised with the intended C19 vaccination program.
I would like frontline workers to have absolute priority, together with the extremely vulnerable. At 78, I don't have to go out to work. I am content to stay snug at home, with sorties at quiet times to shop and exercise. I can even choose to have my groceries delivered free of charge. Imo those obliged to travel to work in shops, hospitals, schools etc need vaccination far more than I do. I worry about my daughter, aged nearly 60, who works in a large primary scdhool and tells me teachers will not be getting priority. In any case, there is now talk of the new vaccine's giving 50% immunity. That would not be enough to lure me back to normal exposure.

ShortStuff

Are any of the vaccine results showing data resulted to D T1 or T2?

I came here to see if there were any posts about this...

the Moderna one looks to have been tested on 'vulnerable' people, but I haven't found any D specific info yet.

As for who should get priority, I think we need to see what's available at the time as efficacy will vary

I'd like to know that those in more risky jobs are at least being well considered when they're deciding the order of priority though.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Think they are only looking for First Aid as a minimum qualification but there will be lots of unemployed people ready to do the job.

SamA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Seems to be a distinct lack of information for diabetics. It was very clear in Jan in China last years that diabetics were high risk of mortality when getting covid. This is all about immune systems and t-cells (exhausting my extensive understanding right there!).

Maybe I’m missing information sources. Is anyone lobbying for and informing Ds ?

Planning to get the vaccine ASAP and cross my fingers

D

Deleted member 371547

IMG_4518.jpg

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So we are number 6 in the list mostly although some will be number 4. Will be a while yet then
I'd class myself as being in group 8 thankfully..
The country will be bankrupt by the time they get there..
Pfizer stock might be worth millions of course.. until the first vaccinated person dies.

Clairehannah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know where Diabetics will feature in the priorities ? Is any type of D considered a health issue ?

Who is making representation on behalf of Ds in the policy definition ?

S
I've just read that people with weakened immune systems cannot have the vaccine. Does this rule out all type 1 diabetics? I can't believe it. This was one little sentence in a BBC article just now.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just read that people with weakened immune systems cannot have the vaccine. Does this rule out all type 1 diabetics? I can't believe it. This was one little sentence in a BBC article just now.
Do Type 1's have a weakened immune system?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do Type 1's have a weakened immune system?
No.
We did nuke our own insulin producing cells to become type 1 but as I understand it having higher blood glucose levels just means that an infection can take longer to recover from but not that our immune system is inherently weaker.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It could be argues that those with autoimmune systems have very strong systems, in that they get all excited and attack themselves. My choice, were I pushed to label it would be to describe the presence of autoimmune conditions would be to say they're different; neither better nor worse than Joe Public.

The poor immune systems is really referring to those taking immune suppressants, like those post-transplant, as an example

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The father in law is in three, the wife in four, I'm in five.
Others are in two, and one in one!

The rest will be at the back of the queue because of the way the economy is and those in so called deprived areas are always the last.

What is the odds that central London will have priority over every where else?