Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

belfastbiker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being so big I have my own postcode.
107 mmol/L, or 11.9 % in mid September. Not due to have second test until mid/end December. Have high hopes to get that WELL into single figures, considering I'm LCHF and IF most days.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
I was only diagnosed last week, I hope to learn more and take serious control of my health!

D

Deleted member 219428

Hi everyone, my mySugr app tells me my HbA1c is 5,5%, hopefully that’s accurate as it’s risky to get a blood right now with huge waiting lines for Covid

garyog48

Re: What are your H test results?

Just in case we've reallly confused you now, :-
Our tests are mmol/l, your "instant" blood sugar
HbA1c teat, the "average" test, WAS a %, and still often referred to as that
NEW figures for HbA1c now in mmol/mol, just converted!
Confused?
Yes I am confused with all the different numbers. Ive always done it as mmol/l Now its 50mmol/mol or 6.7% whatever that means.Nurse says whatever I'm doing just keep doing it lol

Georgiie

Was diagnosed with Type 1 on October with Hba1c of 13.3%...going for another on the 2nd of Next month....hoping to get low numbers cosidering I've been eating low carbs most of the time and had a lot of hypos....But I do get spikes sometimes...mostly from experimenting with different foods to check how they affect my blood sugar.

joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
45 for me, which is meant to be exceptional. I think that's the lowest it's been ever. Told to carry on doing what I'm doing, which i think am having too many hypos, lol. Stopping overcompensating and stacking insulin since the last week and feeling much better and in the lower range... Keeping track now... Reconsidering going on a pump and sticking to jabs. If it ain't broken....

johnboy326

Same happened to me 2 yrs ago was stacking got it down to 42 but having hypos every day, told to ease of now oddly I'm at 60 over 7 percent, but few hypos and no neuropathy, do keep a tight eye in things and testing about 8 times a day

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
47 mmol (6.4%) - lowest ever since diagnosis! Also, according to my Dexcom G6, I've managed to stay 70% in range over the last 90 days - mostly going too high (hard to resist crisps when having a glass of wine), so still potential to safely improve. :)

Reactions: lolabunny876

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hard to resist crisps when having a glass of wine),
Have you tried crisps made out of cheese? Simply take some presliced gouda, edam or maasdam type cheese, cut into shape on greaseproof paper. Sprinkle with seasonings of choice, paprika, herbs, marmite. Can add seeds too. Then microwave for 60-90 seconds and allow to crisp. Keeps well. Tastes good. Satidfies better than potato or their manufactured type snacks

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Have you tried crisps made out of cheese? Simply take some presliced gouda, edam or maasdam type cheese, cut into shape on greaseproof paper. Sprinkle with seasonings of choice, paprika, herbs, marmite. Can add seeds too. Then microwave for 60-90 seconds and allow to crisp. Keeps well. Tastes good. Satidfies better than potato or their manufactured type snacks
I've occasionally made cheese crisps - sounds like I can be more adventurous with flavourings!

Reactions: michita and MrsA2

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.5% Was hoping to be 5.3% or lower. But it's the same ballpark.