What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs @gennepher with regard to marzipan and icing... when I was tiny and we were always going to people's weddings, I was not a huge fruitcake fan so mum used to give me her marzipan and royal icing. So imagine her horror and amusement in equal measure when she realised that I had stolen one of the chalk plinths from a family friend's wedding cake, and hidden under the table to nibble it, somewhat surprised it didn't taste the same!

Also up there with asking dad to get the DJ to play the 'my ears are alight' song. Desmond Dekker would have shuddered (as would have his 'Israelites' most likely).....

Anyhoo... back to tennis!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's digital painting in Procreate...
I accidentally left the central heating on last night, and this place is too hot and stuffy...
I could walk barefoot in snow to cool down...so this is my next best option...

Snow scene...

View attachment 45447
Super smashing winter snow scene - would make a great Christmas card - zoom right out and it’s also on top of your Christmas cake - don’t chuck it away with the teeth breaking icing.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Was walking dogs and waved at another dog walker entering the park. Wasn't looking where I was going - foot went down the hole and I went head over heels. Was going to describe it more colourfully but didn't want to be moderated.

No real damage done - except to my pride. Don't you feel stupid when you do something like this.

Off to farm shop shortly as soon as the washing machine finishes washing the mud off my coat.
Ouch!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good very late morning, don't ask, anyway 6.9 for me and a temp of 38.6 not good.

@Krystyna23040 Ouch, hope all mends easily and discomfort does not last.

Thanks all for your comments on my art and concern over Mrs MC, she is fine.

@geefull lovely windy painting, my O level art exam subject was a Windy Landscape, that was many years ago.

@gennepher a very well created seasonal scene I can feel the cold.

@dunelm some well joined up ink blots, although I can see a Sumo wrestler lurking in that shrubbery. Great landscape also.

@Alien Aspie Master, what else can be said?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did it! With such a high temp of 38.6 first thing today and consistently that high since Sunday Evening plus feeling yuk I booked a Covid test, cancelled my ENT appointment, now 29 Dec. Drove to Lichfield, followed all the instructions and in a car park stuck things down my throats and up my nose and now I await.

Ironically I took my temp before and after test, 36.3 could all have been a waste of time but we shall see, if it's not Covid at least we know we can still do the stuff that we can do and not be shut indoors for 14 days.

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is the next abstract watercolour landscape painting, A4 about 90 minutes. I might try just one more....

IMG_4099.JPG

This one is a little less abstract than yesterday's next one will be more abstract.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg this morning 5.5 rather blurred vision at the moment having to sit almost with my nose against the monitor in order to read the text so have upped my mestinon should work I hope.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did it! With such a high temp of 38.6 first thing today and consistently that high since Sunday Evening plus feeling yuk I booked a Covid test, cancelled my ENT appointment, now 29 Dec. Drove to Lichfield, followed all the instructions and in a car park stuck things down my throats and up my nose and now I await.

Ironically I took my temp before and after test, 36.3 could all have been a waste of time but we shall see, if it's not Covid at least we know we can still do the stuff that we can do and not be shut indoors for 14 days.
I hope the test comes back negative but either way it was the right thing to do. Bearing that in mind the artwork is a triumph.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

Just had a text from my son the test he had in Italy the other day came back with what they term as a week positive though he now feels better.

It is best to get a test as you have done disregarding how you may feel it's best to be sureAdrian will have a further test in about a week.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good very late morning, don't ask, anyway 6.9 for me and a temp of 38.6 not good.

@geefull lovely windy painting, my O level art exam subject was a Windy Landscape, that was many years ago.

@dunelm some well joined up ink blots, although I can see a Sumo wrestler lurking in that shrubbery. Great landscape also.

Test - get a test - if you join the Covid-19 Zoe research app you can get a test whenever you like.
https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

lindisfel

Expert
I had a 3 hour meeting on zoom this am with five other old men but I think I am the eldest by a few years.
A very far ranging discussion dealing with some controversial topics was had. We always leave each other as friends, even if we may not always totally agree with each others views. Certainly politically, even if we have very similar theological thoughts and certainly differ on the subject of climate change scientifically.
Its good, it's what we all need.
Iron sharpens iron.
I always always feel tired afterwards, because all of us had plenty to say.
I look forward to our next meeting in two weeks.
The chairman is very calm and helpful guy.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a 3 hour meeting on zoom this am with five other old men but I think I am the eldest by a few years.
A very far ranging discussion dealing with some controversial topics was had. We always leave each other as friends, even if we may not always totally agree with each others views. Certainly politically, even if we have very similar theological thoughts and certainly differ on the subject of climate change scientifically.
Its good, it's what we all need.
Iron sharpens iron.
I always always feel tired afterwards, because all of us had plenty to say.
I look forward to our next meeting in two weeks.
The chairman is very calm and helpful guy.
D.
Sounds very good - friends just are,

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evenng all :)

4.8 today

quite a mild day here so we took soup for lunch over to mum's, picked up her shopping list then went for a walk, very pleasant ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@JohnEGreen - glad Adrian is at least feeling better if not definitively negative :)

@Alien Aspie - good job :) a nice bit of animation, very cheering in these increasingly dark days, reminds me of summer.

@dunelm - I really like those cliffs :joyful: very effective landscape with the tree lined valley below. and
Rorschach art :D it works.

@gennepher - that's a great winter landscape today, very effective :joyful:

@ianpspurs - there we disagree, I liked marzipan, but preferably enveloped in lashings of dark chocolate ;) Didn't mind a morsel of rich fruitcake, provided it was served with some cheese on the side :D icing was decidedly not my thing though

@Krystyna23040 - ouchy! hope you're not too stiff tomorrow :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - Hope your test results come back on the right side :)
I like your semi-abstract but I especially like the central tree, the texture and colour are fantastic :joyful:

art bit catch up -
no 1 - did a quick pencil sketch today whilst mr gee was getting his hair cut (about A6 size)

upload_2020-11-17_19-22-28.jpeg

no 2 - this was a grey and windy day and the waves were rolling in ;) slightly bigger than A5 done with the white nights watercolours.

upload_2020-11-17_19-23-32.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The chemist wasn't much use, just suggested I talk to my GP.

2kg weight equals 2L water I believe so not hard to see it could just be water retention.

I need a tap on the head or maybe drainpipe trousers :)

sure you'll find a stopcock somewhere..;):bag:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Deffo agree on the test.

hope it all comes back negative.

but either way, better for all to know, you included
so you can take appropriate actions ( if needed ).

Take care fella.