What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - Hope your test results come back on the right side :)
I like your semi-abstract but I especially like the central tree, the texture and colour are fantastic :joyful:
Thank you on both counts.

Two pleasing art pieces from you today. Your watercolour depicts the mood and power of the sea and weather, good light. The perspective in the sketch is well seen and drawn and all in the time it takes to get a hair cut. That's about 4 minutes at my barbers.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did it! With such a high temp of 38.6 first thing today and consistently that high since Sunday Evening plus feeling yuk I booked a Covid test, cancelled my ENT appointment, now 29 Dec. Drove to Lichfield, followed all the instructions and in a car park stuck things down my throats and up my nose and now I await.

Ironically I took my temp before and after test, 36.3 could all have been a waste of time but we shall see, if it's not Covid at least we know we can still do the stuff that we can do and not be shut indoors for 14 days.
Hope it isn't Covid and that you feel better soon.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hello everyone,
Glad to report that on the third evening in Norwich Errant is sitting on my lap while we all watch The Martian.
Until now he has always retreated to the bathroom or hidden under our bed after he has finished his dinner. This is a great step forward.
Edited to add.
Fascinating to watch Son1 courting Errant.
Son1 likes cats and enjoys their company, His previous partner had two cats, but they were confident, assured. Errant needs a different approach.
And sure enough Errant is back under the bed!

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good evening all. Long time since my last post. Not been too well for a while. Covid test carried out as part of research came back negative. Latest fbs 11.1, pulse 109, normal temperature. Following a telephone consultation with GP a battery of blood tests were carried out recently and am awaiting an appointment for a chest x-ray. Ironically mum's nursing home are shortly to arrange visits in a pod after all these months of not being able to see mum. Now I'm worried that I won't be able to visit in case I'm infectious. There would be a screen between us so that should reduce any risk. Just hope that I get more information about my situation in time. Best wishes to you all. Stay safe and well.:)

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Tis the weekday to be jolly...."

Yes it's Bin Day once more and the penultimate collection of garden waste. A 5.2 from me and the promise to myself that I shall go for a walk (to the kitchen and back).

Enjoy the day :)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 ➡️
Hopefully this means it has bedded in well. Moved the position towards the back of my arm (where it is supposed to be) but annoyingly a bit of rock tape is peeling away so I had better stick that down before working out/showering!

Ooh lodger said he wanted to go play basketball this morning and I have just heard him get up but I have to get last night’s wrap written and scheduled.

I know I shouldn’t be self conscious about using the Nintendo Wii in my office to do cardio boxing - and to be fair to lodger he is pretty laid back compared to some I have had ... but still!!!

Righty ho ... time to burn the retina and switch on the light!

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evenng all :)

4.8 today

quite a mild day here so we took soup for lunch over to mum's, picked up her shopping list then went for a walk, very pleasant ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@JohnEGreen - glad Adrian is at least feeling better if not definitively negative :)

@Alien Aspie - good job :) a nice bit of animation, very cheering in these increasingly dark days, reminds me of summer.

@dunelm - I really like those cliffs :joyful: very effective landscape with the tree lined valley below. and
Rorschach art :D it works.

@gennepher - that's a great winter landscape today, very effective :joyful:

@ianpspurs - there we disagree, I liked marzipan, but preferably enveloped in lashings of dark chocolate ;) Didn't mind a morsel of rich fruitcake, provided it was served with some cheese on the side :D icing was decidedly not my thing though

@Krystyna23040 - ouchy! hope you're not too stiff tomorrow :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - Hope your test results come back on the right side :)
I like your semi-abstract but I especially like the central tree, the texture and colour are fantastic :joyful:

art bit catch up -
no 1 - did a quick pencil sketch today whilst mr gee was getting his hair cut (about A6 size)

View attachment 45476

no 2 - this was a grey and windy day and the waves were rolling in ;) slightly bigger than A5 done with the white nights watercolours.

View attachment 45477
Thank you @geefull - nice sketch to while away the time of a haircut - love the street lamp. Effective and moody day with the rolling waves and that hint of the sun trying to break through.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of unknowns in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of spiced meatballs came in at 4.7 this am

It’s international bin day today and, as @Alien Aspie has said, the penultimate garden waste collection - Mrs Miggins has been frantically collecting leaves and stuffing them in the bin - only to turn round to yet another pile of leaves - good exercise though and entertaining to watch.

It’s also youngest grandchild's first birthday so we will be going to see her this morning. Other visitors will be going throughout the day but will have to stay outside the house and wave through the window - strange days.

Just one picture today - on rice paper. Have a great day, remember that petrol and diesel cars will be banned from sale in 2030. Koffy time.

upload_2020-11-18_7-24-27.jpeg

Jen6

Good morning not a Happy Bunny after working hard to get my sugar levels down and off medication since April I now have Bells pasly which is not pleasant and feeling far from well. After having a week of steriods which sent my sugar levels into the 17+range. Levels have come down but my fasting blood are now in the upper 6s not my usual 5s but to be expected no doubt.
Seeing the Nurologist on Fri
Onwards and upwards as we say . Have a good day one and all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning not a Happy Bunny after working hard to get my sugar levels down and off medication since April I now have Bells pasly which is not pleasant and feeling far from well. After having a week of steriods which sent my sugar levels into the 17+range. Levels have come down but my fasting blood are now in the upper 6s not my usual 5s but to be expected no doubt.
Seeing the Nurologist on Fri
Onwards and upwards as we say . Have a good day one and all.
Hope the Bells Palsy settles down quickly and you start feeling a lot better very soon. Good that your fbs has dropped quite quickly after the steroids.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Not too sore this morning so it looks as though l got away with minimal damage from the fall yesterday.

Mr K insisted this morning that I stay at home and relax while he did the morning dog walk. I was going to argue with him but the thought of an extra hour relaxing with more coffee sounded like the perfect start to the day.