Alternative breakfast

Tiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello i am struggling with breakfast i cannot manage eggs or meat at that time of day. Is there an easy
alternative is there any cereal/yogurt i have seen coconut porridge mentioned but i am stuck for a simple
solution. Recent HBA1C WAS 53 . Diagnosed Type 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, there are keto/LCHF cereals/granola recipes online that you can try out. As for yogurt, you'll need to check the label for which of carbohydrates and make sure its higher fat and add some berries to it. Alternatively you can try avocados, small amounts of nut butters, some seeds.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you need to have breakfast or is it habitual?
I just have coffee with cream in the morning...

Reactions: Trigger737

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here’s a coconut ‘porridge’ recipe I use every morning:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge
I eat it with a few chopped strawberries and extra thick double cream :hungry:
I also have made up a low carb chocolate granola recipe from various other recipes, you’d need to watch out for carbs in the milk if you eat it as a traditional cereal. I just sprinkle a dessertspoonful onto yoghurt etc... I’ll pop back with the recipe.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here’s the granola recipe:

A06E2740-BDF5-4F75-81E4-6BE7746931E4.jpeg

M

Member496333

Breakfast in the morning is arguably the most important meal of the day. To not have. If you can skip it then do so without guilt. You’ll be doing your entire body a favour.

Also, welcome to the forums, and great avatar :D

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did make a low carb, nut and seed granola once.

As it cost about £50 a portion and wasn't particularly nice I didn't bother again.

Reactions: hankjam

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did make a low carb, nut and seed granola once.

As it cost about £50 a portion and wasn't particularly nice I didn't bother again.

£50? Where did you shop for ingredients, Harrods?! ;)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Do you need to have breakfast or is it habitual?
I just have coffee with cream in the morning...
Great advice. Coffee and Cream. Me too. One month in.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello i am struggling with breakfast i cannot manage eggs or meat at that time of day. Is there an easy
alternative is there any cereal/yogurt i have seen coconut porridge mentioned but i am stuck for a simple

If I don't do yogurt and chia coffee then it will be celery sticks, cheese and olives... it's an either or for me... except weekenders where it might be fried eggs, bacon, sausage and loads of mushrooms...
Lunch, I will often drop it.....

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Various things on lo-carb toast: nut butters, Vegemite, mackerel pate, cheese slices, cream cheese and smoked salmon, sliced tomato and onion..........

Reactions: 1spuds

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterdays left overs, Full fat Greek Yoghurt, cheese & cold meat, nothing, coffee & cream

Reactions: 1spuds

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Actually, breakfast could be any suitable low carbohydrate food that you fancy or no food at all!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It doesn't have to be breakfast food - any low carb food will be good. This morning I had some leftovers from yesterday- a piece of baked salmon and asparagus and a blob of mayo.

Tiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you to everyone for the suggestions....think i will try Greek yogurt with small amount of berries or coffee
with cream. Possibly some olives with a babybel cheese think i just have to re-educate my taste buds.

Reactions: hankjam

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I can't cope with eggs or heavy protein first thing, and did not like the texture of chia porridge.
For breakfast I started with a mix of oatbran, milled flaxseed and chia seeds made with water or coconut milk & water, served with cream and cinnamon. - over time the ratio has changed so I have more flaxseed and less oatbran. Now it is 12g milled flaxseed, 10g chai and 10g oatbran.
Recently I've been going longer before eating then having a coffee (half milk & coconut milk mix, the rest water) instead.

Reactions: jjraak

chrestomanci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hunger
Breakfast in the morning is arguably the most important meal of the day. To not have. If you can skip it then do so without guilt. You’ll be doing your entire body a favour.

Also, welcome to the forums, and great avatar :D
Totally agree!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I rarely eat breakfast but my philosophy is no matter what meal you are having or what time of the day it is, just have your normal food, whether that is low carb or not. For example, on your low carb diet what do you have at other times of the day, low carb soup?, well that's a good 'brekkie' too.