when do you drink your coffee?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I drink it after breakfast.... cortisol is an issue for me because of prednesalone use and I just get a slower rise in glucose levels if I drink it after the meal.

BUT, I must drink it... I cannot survive without it. It is critical to my health. Without it, I'm like a car without an engine. :D

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
At 06:30 I have a cup of tea.
At 10:30 I have a cup of coffee, 30 g beans ground and filtered.
At 13:00 I have a small bowl of chicken stock soup.
At 19:00 I have a light supper, meat and a veg

Not too sure the coffee is going to do anything to my carbs, having read the article.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I am hungry I have a mug of coffee and cream. So maybe 10.30 am and again at 2.30 pm. So that's both before 'breakfast' as I don't eat until 3pm at the earliest.

Reactions: VashtiB and hankjam

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
When a awake I test FBG then it's down stairs for a coffee normally a cappuccino espresso this can be anytime between 6 AM and 7:30 AM

After breakfast and during the day I tend to drink espressos black with a small amount of sweetener when I have coffee otherwise it;s cups of tea.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
One cup? One cup? Are you mad!!!!;)

Well, no, I drink a reasonable amount of coffee per day so I don't think I'm mad, but I was concerned by your statement. I was also picturing that you had a gigantic cup, but wanted to clarify the situation. I didn't want to come across as mad.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, no, I drink a reasonable amount of coffee per day so I don't think I'm mad, but I was concerned by your statement. I was also picturing that you had a gigantic cup, but wanted to clarify the situation. I didn't want to come across as mad.

Hi Tophat, I was having a little joke at my own expense, definitely not yours. I think it fell a bit flat (white please)! I love coffee like you, I actually have a cup first thing then probably 2 more during the rest of the day. x

Last edited:

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't drink coffee but expect it would have an impact on my blood sugars. Not because of the caffeine (teas does not make a difference and I drink a lot of that) but because even the smell makes me feel nauseous so the taste is probably likely to result in ... what is the best way for me to put this? ... not fully digesting all the carbs I last injected insulin for.

I am jealous of all the coffee lovers.
When travelling in Italy, for example, it is part of the local culture I am entirely unable to experience.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Five times a day, each drink is 4.5 grams finely ground dark roast coffee on 70 grams water. ie Turkish coffee.No sweetener.

Time frame anywhere between 05:00 to 15:00. After that just hibiscus tea, with artificial sweetener.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Hi Tophat, I was having a little joke at my own expense, definitely not yours. I think it fell a bit flat! I love coffee like you, I actually have a cup first thing then probably 2 more during the rest of the day. x

Not at all.

It's all fine... just having a laugh, which apparently is good for thy health.... unless you have mouthfull of coffee ;)

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Only normally drink one cup sorry large mug a day as soon as I get up , it’s very strong and black , I use to drink more but had an episode of the shakes once due to too much caffeine so only one mug for me now .