New people

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All the typical symptoms then! I had them all as well plus my hair falling out in clumps! - im the only type 1 as well! No one else has it so everyone adjusted to me (always needed attention!) Thata so lovely that your boyfriend is there and understands some of it! Some of my exs look at me like why am I dating a crackhead when I got my first needle out!!

Honestly babe some people just don’t get it or understand that if we didn’t do it we wouldn’t survive those people aren’t worth it at all!!xx

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
100% people that think its a choice, like loose weight, walk more why do you have it..mate I didnt choose it and I definitely can't get rid of it! Xx

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
100% people that think its a choice, like loose weight, walk more why do you have it..mate I didnt choose it and I definitely can't get rid of it! Xx

10000% it’s so much harder than what people think xx

Miriam12345

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a 23 year old female, been diabetic now for 13 years.

I'm just wondering if anyone the same age or there a outs want to talk I find it hard when it comes to talking about diabetes because I don't know any others!
Hello All, I am 26 and been diabetic for 20 years! Time flies, when your having fun! I admit I have always felt quite lonely when it comes to diabetes, I don't know anyone with this, and have just had to figure life out with the help of Google of course. I am happy to help or chat to anyone! Also if anyone lives in the Cambridge area, happy to meet up - socially distanced and have a chat. Would be nice to meet people and help where I can

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders, being a picky eater, anything green on my plate, except carrots.
Just to add on to my post earlier, I still haven't had a definite "Your bloods came back" diagnosis but every nurse suspects Type 2 which is a relief knowing that with some work, I can overcome this. As of right now, I accidentally took my Humalog instead of Levemir for the night so a midnight snack of Madera cake should hopefully sort it out, I would check my bloods but I ran out of strips so I need to keep an eye out and call GP in morning.

Other then a slight scare tonight, I'm doing better with trying to manage it all but my mood and confidence has hit rock bottom, hopefully going to see a therapist.

But a bit about myself, I'm 23, from Yorkshire, single (having a hard time finding someone who understands me) and was diagnosed in October of this year, I don't do much with myself these days, I'm kind of an introvert. I like watching movies and shows with my dad, sticking to Anime by myself. Playing games with my older brother and friends from around the world, games like Genshin Impact to Euro Truck Simulator and Destiny 2, a wild variety these days. As lockdown began, I was already doing it 2 years early. Don't have a job as of yet, keep applying but not gotten an interview, I don't have much of a preference anymore when it comes to finding one after a few years of applying.
I have a long road ahead of me, I need to improve my mental and physical well-being and take control of this condition, how did you guys start out taking control?

Diapanda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I'm just wondering if anyone the same age or there a outs want to talk I find it hard when it comes to talking about diabetes because I don't know any others!
Hello I'm 20 and have had diabetes type 1 for 10 years now a few days ago I think? Just made an account like 15 minutes ago :D

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thought I’d say hi. I was diagnosed when I was 13/14 & I’m 26 now. Certainly doesn’t get any easier with age maybe just more understanding & managing to cope with it a bit more. Only really started to accept it and manage it correctly over the past few year but I still go through phases where I completely let slip, not testing & sometimes even forgetting to inject until I feel terrible and realise my levels are through the roof. It’s a horrible rubbish thing to live with, I know it could be worse and for people that don’t have it they think it’s easy but it’s definitely not.

becca2002

Hey I’m 19 and have had diabetes for 9 years, would love to chat to someone around the same age :)) x

Reactions: keishamarie