Pump upgrade

Worriedmum26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone hope everyone is good, I needed some advice my son has been on Medtronic pump for fours years he’s now 10 years old ,today I received a email from hospital saying his pump needs upgrading and I could have another Medtronic or a
Omnipod DASH (patch pump) So I checked online and it seems like a good pump ,I just wanted to hear from others experience if they or their children have it,what’s it like ,I know it’s tube free ,does it leave scarring too ,is it comfortable ,is it reliable it says it’s virtually pain free ,is that true ,would you recommend it ,which would you choose?can it do everything Medtronic pump can do like temp basal etc
Thank you for reading and I would really appreciate any reply

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Worriedmum26, I've only had Medtronic pumps so can't offer any opinions on the Omnipod I'm afraid, but I was told by my DSN that they aren't as accurate with smaller doses. She did mention a study had been done but didn't give any details :nailbiting: if your son is on small doses you might want to have a look and see if you can find the study and have a read. I know lots of children do use the Omnipod.
For me, I would go with Medtronic, but it's a personal choice, only you and your son can decide what's right for him :)

Worriedmum26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Worriedmum26, I've only had Medtronic pumps so can't offer any opinions on the Omnipod I'm afraid, but I was told by my DSN that they aren't as accurate with smaller doses. She did mention a study had been done but didn't give any details :nailbiting: if your son is on small doses you might want to have a look and see if you can find the study and have a read. I know lots of children do use the Omnipod.
For me, I would go with Medtronic, but it's a personal choice, only you and your son can decide what's right for him :)
Thanks for replying ,il try to find that study ,I’m just really torn as we do have a routine and don’t want to mess it up and then I’m thinking if there is something more useful or help ful I would not mind making another routine