Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, yesterday disappeared with volunteer stuff, gardening, cathcing up by phone with friends, trying - and hopefully succeeding! - to get a builder to come and sort out my conservatory, which has sprung a bad enough leak for there to be mould on one wall. I'm not sure it's really a conservatory as it has a solid roof with veluxes, and three big sets of french windows on to the garden. It replaced a really badly built conservatory built by the last owners and it's a lovely room and not that old, so I'm very disappointed that this has happened. I think it's a problem with faulty gutters; hope so as that may not be too difficult to fix.

Weather permitting I'll be in the garden again, still massive work to do simplifying so I need to gt out there whenever I can. Additional exercise also helps with bgs! Have a good day all whatever you're doing.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
The sun's out here in Oxford and I'm hoping to do some tidying in the garden.
Another happy badge day for me, feeling very positive.
Hope your dog continues to get better @Marie 2 . I started looking into getting a rescue Westie yesterday. I dream.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Morning all, yesterday disappeared with volunteer stuff, gardening, cathcing up by phone with friends, trying - and hopefully succeeding! - to get a builder to come and sort out my conservatory, which has sprung a bad enough leak for there to be mould on one wall. I'm not sure it's really a conservatory as it has a solid roof with veluxes, and three big sets of french windows on to the garden. It replaced a really badly built conservatory built by the last owners and it's a lovely room and not that old, so I'm very disappointed that this has happened. I think it's a problem with faulty gutters; hope so as that may not be too difficult to fix.

Weather permitting I'll be in the garden again, still massive work to do simplifying so I need to gt out there whenever I can. Additional exercise also helps with bgs! Have a good day all whatever you're doing.

Quite liking the weather here at the moment (Uk, North). The air is is frosty and fresh, it’s isn’t too cold as long as you have a coat/jacket on.

I am really enjoying my time off and taking the dogs for long walks, it really does help with BG however I am still struggling with finding the right insulin/carb/exercise balance and sometimes end up abit low but I will get there! Would really love to get into yoga this year as it would really help with my stress at work!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Reactions: SueJB

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree that we are on our own. I’ll add that I can confirm that I think there is a you tube video for everything.

I a need to see a doctor in the middle of this pandemic the best that I could get was a video conference with my doctor. At least we have technology to support us working remotely.

Hello, I agree, the internet is a great source of information during these difficult times. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

I’m a bit fed up atm, it’s site change and I don’t know where to stick it. My current site is painful with a raised bump. It didn’t affect BG levels though but I deserve more than a painful site.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sending hugs Mei, it's horrible when you can't find a good site. I had raised bumps when the cannula I was using was too short. Could you try a longer one?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Woke on a 3 and did nothing. An hour later 6.3
Glad this time that I have a reliable liver dump
Anyway, morning all

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, busy morning here, just catching up before the afternoon walk on a very gloomy day, though hopefully not raining.

@SueJB that was a magic bit of judgement! I woke on a 3 something or the other depending on whether you believe Libre or my meter. Half a jelly baby, reduced insulin for breakfast, stayed in range ever since. Must be a day for good decisions!

Hope everyone else is doing okay and that the calm thoughts are working @Robinredbreast!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is true
FB_IMG_1596002308723.jpg

Reactions: Choosehappy

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sending hugs Mei, it's horrible when you can't find a good site. I had raised bumps when the cannula I was using was too short. Could you try a longer one?

Thank you, I could ask my team. I recently switched from mio to mio advance. I’m interested in the steel cannulas but thank you again

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Hello everyone,

I’m a bit fed up atm, it’s site change and I don’t know where to stick it. My current site is painful with a raised bump. It didn’t affect BG levels though but I deserve more than a painful site.

Rip it off. And try again.

My whole abdomen is sick of infusion sets. Everywhere I place them they hurt or bleed of become painful or stop working. my abdomen needs a break. At lunch time I did something bad and just tore the stickier off and went for a walk. I was ready for a change.

I did replace it when I got back to work from the walk.

Here’s a question- how close can I plant and infusion set in the back of my arm to a cgm sensor?

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all
Grey out there but happy person here 5.2. A badge day

It was weird yesterday, I'd been gardening all day, came in checked BG and it was 10 something so I stuck in 1 unit. A couple of hours later BG 2.7. Anyone know why or can have a guess?

Reactions: oldgreymare

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@SueJB The best explanation would be something on your hands??? But I'm sure from gardening you washed them so............maybe the "work" of gardening kicked in?