What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all
6.3 ↗️

I have been scanning both the phone and the reader for this sensor. When I realised the reader was so far behind in updates I was using my phone for the last one and have been fascinated by the difference and it might be interesting to see which one is the closest to my bloods result when I get it done at the end of the month.

I need to scuttle over to the other side of the bed in a minute, grab the laptop and do some work.

Today’s work out is the tougher of the rehab sessions, plus resistance band/weights. So far so good - all limbs still attached and functioning! Knees no more clicky or grumbly than normal ...
my reader and phone have been giving different resdings between 0.5/1.5 difference .

Reactions: HarryBeau

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
My digital painting for today...

Thought I would give ZenBrush3 a second go.
I have a lot of quibbles with this app. One being that it won't let me do a landscape mode painting, whereas ZenBrush2 does allow me to do this.
So, I am stuck in portrait mode in ZenBrush3...

I have a hate/love relationship with this app ZenBrush3, in almost equal measures...

Anyway, here it is...

View attachment 45513
This is beautiful gennepher

Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...feeling slightly more human this morning the relief of getting all my paperwork done/delivered is immense plus getting into some sort of a routine has become a priority...although I am grateful to be able to work from home is has made me a little lazy...I can work in my pyjamas & slippers no one would every know...housework today a little shopping for either delivery or click & collect...had a friend for dinner last night some Jerk Chicken with Rice & Peas reminded me of my London days...then some Pink Gin & Tonic to follow (had several)...more coffee then a few tweets...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks good just as is. Like the cling film technique -looks like a sunburst through the clouds

Mmhh
I think it's just missing some divine Being in the centre.

And of course the person with the near death experience causing it ;):bag:

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not good - hope it’s not serious for Archie
Thank you. Vet says it is not infected and thinks it he may have caught it on something or the skin is beginning to wear thin over the lump.

So his foot is bandaged and he is on antibiotics for a week. They are hoping that it will heal and he will be fine, but if it doesn't heal Archie will need to see the vets at the Newmarket Animal Hospital as they have the expertise to do the tricky op.

The last time we were told this was November 2019 so it was the right decision then to wait and see. So we are back again to wait and see.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Vet says it is not infected and thinks it he may have caught it on something or the skin is beginning to wear thin over the lump.

So his foot is bandaged and he is on antibiotics for a week. They are hoping that it will heal and he will be fine, but if it doesn't heal Archie will need to see the vets at the Newmarket Animal Hospital as they have the expertise to do the tricky op.

The last time we were told this was November 2019 so it was the right decision then to wait and see. So we are back again to wait and see.

I went with win for no infection.
But I do see the worry of the waiting

Hope he simply heals over, and ambles about without the need for the op.

Take care, and hug for Archie.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my reader and phone have been giving different resdings between 0.5/1.5 difference .
I am planning to have the ritual blood-letting once lockdown has eased - and then it will be interesting to see how it hangs together because in the past with just the reader it has come in higher.

I can't even remember how to get the data a la LibreView/Link or whatever it is called off the phone but I do recall it only gave you four weeks and the reader gave you a a full month. When I first started I would religiously print off each month, but then I started getting an allergic rash from the sensors and the readings were haywire rendering those meaningless. Then burnout, then long period of not wearing one and just taking my tablets like a good girl...

I might start again properly in January... but as my levels are now diet, exercise and med controlled, I think it is perhaps a bit of overkill... and I would rather install Steam on my PC and download Command and Conquer and relive some of my glory days as a verified geek, and spend the off-season playing Elite and C&C and worry about grown up things next year!

Reactions: karen8967

SilverK

Hi guys, hope all is well. I skimmed through the messages I missed but I will admit, my brain feels like mush today so I can’t say I actually read them. Took me an hour and a half to make myself presentable and get down stairs this morning. I hurt.
Anyway. Flicking through the M&S Christmas food catalog. Don’t usually bother with it as I like to make everything from scratch. But this year? I’m thinking that things in packets (the posh prepared veg etc) will have carb info on so I can plan my insulin. What do people think? Good idea???

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Talking of mushrooms( as we were when I made this post and forgot to actually post it) I took this photo of a rather tattered mushroom the other day.

I thinks it's Magic

Mushroom.jpg

My fbg this morning was 4.9

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have a lot of quibbles with this app. One being that it won't let me do a landscape mode painting, whereas ZenBrush2 does allow me to do this.

I have a hate/love relationship with this app ZenBrush3, in almost equal measures...

Anyway, here it is...

View attachment 45513
Well it’s a fine painting @gennepher. I like the colours used and the way you have the sun setting with the clouds. Smashing.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope Archie is okay Krystyna...lots of treats for him when he gets home.
Yes, he did have lots of treats when he got home.
He absolutely loves going to the vet and while he was being treated he was cuddling up to them and licking them to say thank you.

He is not allowed any walks for the next few days but I have told him that I will stay with him while Poppy is out for a walk and he can have one of his special fish treats.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Covid test results are in 28 hour turn around that ain't bad in my book.

Oh yes the result is.......

BIG PAUSE............

Negative! :)

We're free, well as free as is allowed.

Don't you just hate this new let's keep you in suspense announcements competitions seem to have these days?
Brilliant news.

You got the pause absolutely right as it was only a short pause. I do hate those extra long pauses that are meant to cause more suspense but are only annoying.

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who overslept.

A 5.3 this morning.

Overslept by 30 mins this morning and the whole mornings schedule is blown to shreds, never mind.
Well today here in Tilehurst Towers it could be a restful afternoon, but that lies in the lap of whatever deity or foot the ball team you profess to follow. My preferred option is to read one of Steven Hawkins works on black holes, far simpler than trying to understand diabetes.

Must go and wash the car in the rain first.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.00am FBG 6.7
We went for a long walk, or rather a long amble, nothing brisk about it.

7.50am FBG 6.1 we ate earlier, Thai food, did have one small spoonful of rice but think it's more portion size to blame. And the cheese snack later in the day. And lack of exercise and snacking through boredom.
Sometimes on the inappropriate food (for me) plenty of it in the place, which does not help at all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Anyway, here it is...

View attachment 45513
Love your painting. Very atmospheric.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went with win for no infection.
But I do see the worry of the waiting

Hope he simply heals over, and ambles about without the need for the op.

Take care, and hug for Archie.
That's exactly what we hope, but if that doesn't happen we will go with the op so that he can continue with his long rambles through National Trust Parkland that he so loves.

Last edited: