What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At the risk of starting another theme on this thread, Mrs J and me and me's discussed what to have for Christmas lunch, neither of us are keen on turkey

I dislike turkey so my Xmas choice has always been beef, except for 1985 when I was served nut roast by a vegetarian girlfriend. Short term relationship, obviously ;)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Aldi shopping done.

Archie always does the toilet thingy on his dog walks. Because he is resting his paw no dog walks and no ***ing. Am waiting for a call back from the vet as l would like to give him some psyllium husks but just need to check it won't interfere with the antibiotics. I don't think it will but thought I ought to check it out.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast time a year ago after an hour in the gym. Preparing for a hard day's sightseeing and sunbathing. I didn't drink the orange juice. Today I'm in the dystopian land of Borisonia when I should be there again.

MeNov2019.jpg.JPG

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes absolutely Krystyna you'd be surprised how some 'healthy' supplements can affect their medication or condition
Yes, it is surprising how some 'healthy' supplements can affect their medication. and I definitely can't take the chance that it will affect the antibiotics.

Hope you do get a chance to relax today. You work so hard and such long hours,

lindisfel

Expert
Yay! My ex boyfriend got me into Eve Online... but it seems to have now changed beyond all recognition (this is going back over 10 years probably)...

I play Elite Dangerous either in solo or as part of Mobius and have only joined Steam yesterday but someone in my ED group spoke of a game called Battlestar Galactica Deadlock which I also saw on Steam.

My uni bestie is also waving Launchbox under my nose.. the temptation to play some of the old BBC B classics is huge! He has ye olde Elite on that but I could never do that on the keyboard and have a decent joystick and throttle combo for the new one.
I had one of the first BBC micros and used to play Aviator and Revs but I made my own joystick.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

Dull and rain threatened here so perhaps no Muddy Bike ride today, I'm becoming a fine weather rider may have to change my Avatar name, 'Procrastinating Muddy Cyclist' too long maybe? :)

To MILs or not to MILs? That is the question.

For some reason these words popped into my head, no idea why but maybe they reflect my relationship with time....

Look around
Leaves are brown
And the sky
Is a hazy shade of winter

Keep safe.
Very Bilbo Baggins- ish! :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you do get a chance to relax today. You work so hard and such long hours,
At least I'm working from home Krystynaso no travel...this morning should be very interesting...I may try out the new Priti Patel defence i.e. they didn't mean it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At least I'm working from home Krystynaso no travel...this morning should be very interesting...I may try out the new Priti Patel defence i.e. they didn't mean it.
I must admit I am enjoying the no travel part of teaching on Zoom. It is lovely to walk down the stairs after a class and make a cup of coffee. Good luck with trying out the new Priti Patel defence defence today.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
It seems I shall have to my modify greetings from fellow posters and painters to fellow posters, painters and gamers. :)

A 6.2 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

Today is a day of mystery at the moment, but me and me's can relax because the mystery will not last long.
What a mixed jumble of topics today and the hunt the helicopter in Dunelm's art work.

At the risk of starting another theme on this thread, Mrs J and me and me's discussed what to have for Christmas lunch, neither of us are keen on turkey, a conclusion has not been arrived at, but one will.
Have a great day.
me and tommy have roast lamb ,dont like turkey,or maybe a nice piece of beef ;)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s early o’clock in the dark and dangerous north - quiet though.

The wonder wheel of leftover chicken ramen with courgette noodles came in at 4.8 this am. More leftover chicken tonight - probably a curry - 1 chicken, 4 meals for two people.

I watched shout at the telly last night - I don’t usually watch it as I can’t stand the way that the latest referee works it - she should stick to the Antiques Road Show and reading the news - bring back Dimbleby. Anyhow - half a dozen sanitised questions, none of them really answered. Ah well, serves me right.

A couple of paintings yesterday - one on rice paper, one on backing paper. Hope everyone has as pleasant a day as you can. Time for an early koffy.
View attachment 45534

View attachment 45533

I like both of these @dunelm
The top one has great perspective receding into the distance.
The bottom a brilliant splatter abstract.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg in the early hours 6.9

I am late this morning because the online order site for my prescription at my doctorless surgery, was not working properly. It had me both logged in and logged out at the same time, and wouldn't let me access the prescription order page. I wasted an hour...finally I gave up.

And so I had to go out to the surgery to order. Got shouted at for not using the telephone to order. I waved my badges which say I have hearing loss, cochlear implant, I can't lipread you with a mask on, etc...

I now go into complete stupid mode when I get shouted at by the medical personnel/profession. A very good strategy. Actually I now have fun with stupid mode, and do mime with my hands and pieces of paper with my writing on. I won't speak if someone shouts at me like that now (because they think speaking equals that I can hear, and I am making my deafness up).

It completely flummoxes the person shouting at me and puts them at a total disadvantage.

Anyway finally, when she got the message, she wrote down my meds will be waiting for me on Tuesday...

That was really satisfying this morning.......

I am tired now and need a nap. Then I will think about a painting....

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am fuming :mad::banghead:

Her ladyship asked me to drop her off, on the way tells me her daughter and SiL tested positive and were at her house 2 days ago. When I pointed out she shouldn't be out she just said: "I am not the sort that gets these things"!!!!:banghead:

She won't even consider that she could be spreading it even if she is atypical. There's no-one for me to talk to atm so I apologise for putting it on here. I'm going to have to get another test, I've been so **** careful since March
Don't know who her ladyship is but avoid her at all costs , its that sort of attitude that helps spread this virus ....no one is totally immune from getting it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I now go into complete stupid mode when I get shouted at by the medical personnel/profession. A very good strategy. Actually I now have fun with stupid mode, and do mime with my hands and pieces of paper with my writing on. I won't speak if someone shouts at me like that now (because they think speaking equals that I can hear, and I am making my deafness up).
A brilliant strategy @gennepher and good that you have fun with it and it lifts your mood, especially when the medical profession shouting at you would definitely drag your mood down.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately she is my landlady and my tenancy involves chauffeuring and gardening so it’s a bit tricky.
Maybe when you are next doing some gardening dig her a big hole 6ft by 6ft should do it ;)