Hyper (NOT Hypo) Awareness

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Any T2 got any comments on this? I only ask because since coming off the Newcastle Study Shake Diet, I've found that I am much more sensitive to higher BG's.

I was really naughty on Sunday - I had a massive carvery, and I'm ashamed to say, I piled on the roasters and roasted parsnips, and even had an ice cream for afters.

It was by FAR the nicest meal I've eaten in a LONG time. But my GOD, did I know about it after wards!!! I got home and slept (y'know - that weird, warm, half conciousos diabetic sleep! :thumbdown: ) from around 6pm until 10pm - then straight to bed and straight through to 7am!!!

I know that before, when my BG was more out of control, I could have eaten that and not batted an eyelid.

I'm really interested in other peoples opinion on what I'm calling Hyper Awareness...

johnts

Not found that yet but who knows when I do eat properly again suppose the body being on the diet for so long got a bit of a shock to the system with the higher Bgs like being type 2 from the beginning I guess just out of curiousity Did the BGs take long to stabilise again

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know exactly what you mean patch - on the rare occasion I go above 10 I get exactly the same, plus hot sweats like you wouldn't believe, usually come on about 15 minutes after eating - not the same as the sweats I get when I am in hypo territory at all- when I get these feelings I know I am above about 9 and when I test I am usually right.

Last time for me was my birthday at the begining of October - My treat was a very posh afternoon tea - even though I was still careful I still suffered - but it was a treat and a brisk walk around the hotel grounds soon sorted it out :lol:

Your meal sounds fab- I love parsnips (or did before :lol: )! - glad you enjoyed it - everyone no matter how good they are deserves a treat now and then

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Johnts said:
just out of curiousity Did the BGs take long to stabilise again

Tested my fasting BG the next mrning and they were in line with what they have been every mrning for a while. Seems the (long!) sleep did me good!!!

lovinglife said:
everyone no matter how good they are deserves a treat now and then

I'm no saint - but on this ocassion I was DEFINITELY a bit of a devil! :twisted: :lol: