Sad ☹️

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Latest HBA1c 6.7 .. I am very upset.. Once a upon a time was in normal range.

Hi there, well I know many of us would be more than happy with that BUT I realise you are type 2?, and that presumably it has gone up since the last time? What has the last few months been like for you if you don't mind me asking, was this expected or a bit of a shock? x

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sorry to here this I was in your situation 3 months ago had perfect control of diabetes then lockdown happend I put on weight hba1c shot up from 43 to 68 UK numbers I was absolute devastated but I got back on my high horse and fought back with low carb diet exercise and when I got tested again for hba1c it dropped to 45 into pre diabetic range I am going to continue this till I get it to remmision I will not let it beat me down or win I am in charge so please pick yourself up brush yourself off adopt the low carp way off life get yourself a meter and see what spikes your sugars and what don't. search this forum for low carb recipes I personally have been eaten a lot of eggs fish veg meat cauliflower rice is a good low sugar better than normal rice avoid bread potatoes etc and most important take exercise where and if possible I tend to like a brisk walk and cycling but everybody got there own preferences please don't beat yourself up over this just look at it has a minor hiccup you can do this good luck stay safe look after yourself all the best.

Reactions: oldgreymare

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You did it before, you can do it again. If there's anything that changed, which you can change back, anything that would explain what happened? I know we're all dealing with C-19, one way or another. Added stress, lack of sleep due to worry, and stress-related eating can kick things up a notch, but if you've actually had covid, you might experience irregular blood sugars too.... The world is a crazier place than normal right now. and if none of that is the matter, then just look out for signs of carb-creep, and go back to the basics: counting carbs again, the food diary, the regular glucose checks. You may not be in the normal range, but you're not extremely far off either. Hopefully it's "just" a glitch.

All in all... Find out what happened and see whether there's anything you can do to get back to where you were.
Hugs,
Jo

Reemap

Hi there, well I know many of us would be more than happy with that BUT I realise you are type 2?, and that presumably it has gone up since the last time? What has the last few months been like for you if you don't mind me asking, was this expected or a bit of a shock? x
Yes I am type 2 .. last time was not good either
Checked A1c 7.0 on 5th July
Checked a1c 4.2 on 14th oct
Checked A1c 5.1 on 21st Dec
Checked A1c 5.3 on 15th Feb
Checked A1c 6.5 on 14th Aug and now 6.7 in nov ..
I am actually low on carb may be not very low as before ..but major change I could say is as in pandemic it’s work from home..My walking stopped and got addicted to late night watching of Netflix so sleep reduced ..

Reemap

I'm sorry to here this I was in your situation 3 months ago had perfect control of diabetes then lockdown happend I put on weight hba1c shot up from 43 to 68 UK numbers I was absolute devastated but I got back on my high horse and fought back with low carb diet exercise and when I got tested again for hba1c it dropped to 45 into pre diabetic range I am going to continue this till I get it to remmision I will not let it beat me down or win I am in charge so please pick yourself up brush yourself off adopt the low carp way off life get yourself a meter and see what spikes your sugars and what don't. search this forum for low carb recipes I personally have been eaten a lot of eggs fish veg meat cauliflower rice is a good low sugar better than normal rice avoid bread potatoes etc and most important take exercise where and if possible I tend to like a brisk walk and cycling but everybody got there own preferences please don't beat yourself up over this just look at it has a minor hiccup you can do this good luck stay safe look after yourself all the best.
Thanks for the motivation

Reactions: Arsenal79

Reemap

You did it before, you can do it again. If there's anything that changed, which you can change back, anything that would explain what happened? I know we're all dealing with C-19, one way or another. Added stress, lack of sleep due to worry, and stress-related eating can kick things up a notch, but if you've actually had covid, you might experience irregular blood sugars too.... The world is a crazier place than normal right now. and if none of that is the matter, then just look out for signs of carb-creep, and go back to the basics: counting carbs again, the food diary, the regular glucose checks. You may not be in the normal range, but you're not extremely far off either. Hopefully it's "just" a glitch.

All in all... Find out what happened and see whether there's anything you can do to get back to where you were.
Hugs,
Jo
Thanks Jo .. need your guidance .. i stopped breast feeding my baby too in last 6 months so guess that is also one change . Other things i mentioned on top message . My husband also lost his job in this pandemic guess it has added to the stress too. I did my kidney and liver function test along with HBA1C and luckily The results are good ..Both of the organs are doing good

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jo .. need your guidance .. i stopped breast feeding my baby too in last 6 months so guess that is also one change . Other things i mentioned on top message . My husband also lost his job in this pandemic guess it has added to the stress too. I did my kidney and liver function test along with HBA1C and luckily The results are good ..Both of the organs are doing good
I think you've hit the nail on the head with the stress, lack of sleep, and carb-creep... It's hard to get motivated to change anything in the current situation, so please don't put more pressure on yourself. Take it a day at a time. And, as you've stopped breast feeding now: if you can, try getting some CBD oil from a nature store. It's a cannabis derivative with all the hallucinogenic stuff taken out, but it helps with relaxing some, (which could well take your liver dumps down a notch) and might restore your sleep rhythm. On top of that, a walk after dinner, if that's possible, would get you moving about again and should help restore your day/night rhythm too.

You've tackled this before, I know you can do it again. Just keep in mind that these are extreme times, they're harder on some than they are on others, and we deal with them as best we can. Honestly... Your numbers could've been a lot worse. Hang in there. And hey... Your liver and kidneys are doing well. So you didn't lose any ground there! Silver linings.
Hugs,
Jo

Reemap

Thanks a lot Jo..
Your words always motivate me .. I am definitely going to improve my numbers.. taught of starting morning walk .. and also start sleeping on time .. hopefully next numbers will be good..

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Reemap
I agree with the previous posters- you've done it before you can do it again. From what you are saying you have a lot going on. Remember this is a marathon and you need to be kind to yourself. Mine has also gone up without the carb creep but like you stress and lack of sleep really effect your body. I think at least I have objective evidence that stress and insomnia are not good for you.

I find it's a bit of a vicious circle-stress higher levels which causes me greater stress etc. This year has been tough for everyone- you have had more going on than many of us so be gentle on yourself.

You an do it- I think the idea of the morning walk is a good one- it may help with your stress apart from anything else.

Good luck and virtual hugs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I am type 2 .. last time was not good either
Checked A1c 7.0 on 5th July
Checked a1c 4.2 on 14th oct
Checked A1c 5.1 on 21st Dec
Checked A1c 5.3 on 15th Feb
Checked A1c 6.5 on 14th Aug and now 6.7 in nov ..
I am actually low on carb may be not very low as before ..but major change I could say is as in pandemic it’s work from home..My walking stopped and got addicted to late night watching of Netflix so sleep reduced ..

@Reemap - Had you not had a diagnosis, you wouldn't know about any of those changes. There must be many, many, many people out there whose health has slipped a bit in recent months.

The view I take is that life is (hopefully!) a long journey, parts of which will be better than others. Provided we're doing the best we can, given the circumstances in our lives at any given time, then that's fair enough.

Personally, my A1cs have been pretty steady since I got the hang of things, but that could change for me in a heartbeat. Nobody knows what's around the fire, but when the nasty stuff (in whatever form) comes our way, we just have to cope the best we can.

If you can identify things you can change up, to improve upon some of those numbers (which you seem to have done), you're on to a winner.

If things are tough right now, don't tackle it all at once, tackle it in stages. Change what you can today and create a lifestyle To-Do list - maybe with a stepped target timeframe, but don't be too brutal on yourself.

6.7% isn't ideal, but it could be a lot worse.

Maybe your first longer term target could be just to get your next A1c down to your July numbers and take it from there.

Reemap

Hi @Reemap
I agree with the previous posters- you've done it before you can do it again. From what you are saying you have a lot going on. Remember this is a marathon and you need to be kind to yourself. Mine has also gone up without the carb creep but like you stress and lack of sleep really effect your body. I think at least I have objective evidence that stress and insomnia are not good for you.

I find it's a bit of a vicious circle-stress higher levels which causes me greater stress etc. This year has been tough for everyone- you have had more going on than many of us so be gentle on yourself.

You an do it- I think the idea of the morning walk is a good one- it may help with your stress apart from anything else.

Good luck and virtual hugs
Thanks a lot for your kind words and motivation.

Reemap

@Reemap - Had you not had a diagnosis, you wouldn't know about any of those changes. There must be many, many, many people out there whose health has slipped a bit in recent months.

The view I take is that life is (hopefully!) a long journey, parts of which will be better than others. Provided we're doing the best we can, given the circumstances in our lives at any given time, then that's fair enough.

Personally, my A1cs have been pretty steady since I got the hang of things, but that could change for me in a heartbeat. Nobody knows what's around the fire, but when the nasty stuff (in whatever form) comes our way, we just have to cope the best we can.

If you can identify things you can change up, to improve upon some of those numbers (which you seem to have done), you're on to a winner.

If things are tough right now, don't tackle it all at once, tackle it in stages. Change what you can today and create a lifestyle To-Do list - maybe with a stepped target timeframe, but don't be too brutal on yourself.

6.7% isn't ideal, but it could be a lot worse.

Maybe your first longer term target could be just to get your next A1c down to your July numbers and take it from there.
Thank you and looking forward to get my sugar in control

Reemap

I slept today at 12.30am and got up 7.45am so got 7 hours and 15 mins sleep which is quite good i feel. I did 30 mins walking after that .. so feeling good and positive .. breakfast will little carbby but lunch was only vegetables and dal ..