COVID vaccination

collinh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am anti vax and I don’t care what you think!!!!
I am sick and tired of seeing people that are anti vax getting slandered on Facebook.
We have good reason to feel this way and simply attacking us or bad mouthing us is not going to change our minds.
We will not be silenced!!!
I for one will never have another one again. No chance, I don’t care what you say to try and convince me, I’ve fallen for that trap too many times before.
They are absolutely the worst make of vacuum cleaner.
GTECH all the way for me!!!
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
1f92a.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png
1f92a.png

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
...I usually get the "rare" listed side effects of just about anything I take. I feel like trial periods have been too short to confirm or deny long term effects. I'm fearing a relatively rushed vaccine. And yes, if I get my letter from the GP, I will show up for my shot in the first round, if offered. My husband has to deal with customers every day, almost all of them "tough" men who think themselves invincible. Meaning they refuse to wear face masks and disinfect their hands. Quite a few are now dealing with a covid aftermath as a result. So he's worried he'll take something home to me that could do me in. (Not to mention he has some upper respatory issues himself, but not severe enough to be included in the first wave of vaccinations). The stress of the past months is wearing him down, and I'm tired of being afraid every time I hear someone cough too. I don't get out much as it is. So yes... I'll take whatever risk there is, because being this high strung on a permanent basis is taking its toll on Kornelis, and after everything he's been through since all this started, it's the least I can do.

If that makes any sense at all. :)

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You think I have an underlying health condition?
Please share what you think that is?

For the simple reason that the side effects (and there undoubtedly be some) are currently unknown and that the whole process is being rushed through without adequate testing.If we were to vaccinate the entire world with a 95% success rate then 350,000,000 people would still be at risk.
Of the 10 people who developed severe COVID in the trial one had been vaccinated so it's not even a guarantee of mild cases.
Please feel free to get jabbed just don't expect everyone else to be as gullible.

Erm... Type 2 diabetic?
upload_2020-11-20_11-8-7.png

Mate, I really couldn't care less one way or the other if you have the vaccine, just pray that you don't regret your decision and find yourself extremely unwell on a Covid ward or worse. And yes, I am happy to be gullible enough to have it myself and hope that the majority of people are sensible enough to follow suit and help protect people who cannot have it.

Not really sure why you are being so agressive and unpleasant about a simple vaccine discussion.

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-20_11-8-0.png
    upload_2020-11-20_11-8-0.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 196

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I
Of those 43,265 deaths in October, 7.8% involved covid. Involved. Not died of. That's 3,367. Of those (if the percentage can be extrapolated from BBs post above) 96% had a pre-existing dondition and 93% were over 60.

(I'm still theorizing here) In addition, you mention 1000 extra weekly deaths over the 5 year average. IF that's right, how many of those are because diagnoses, treatments, operations etc. were cancelled / postponed? In a way covid is responsible. A great many people suffer one way or the other from its effects, without being ill.

Finally, what we're doing here is debating. That's healthy. I'm no expert and I'm certainly no less worried for my kids and grandkids future than anybody else. Nobody (yet) has shut down our debate (hopefully they won't, I don't think either of us is exactly 'militant'!) so I hope the vax / no vax debate is allowed the same freedom as we are here.

What difference does it make if someone has an underlying condition or they are over 60? Dead is dead. If they had not caught Covid they may well have lived for a lot longer. You can't just write off people or accept their demise because of those things. A vaccine (which is what we were discussing, even though we have gone slightly off subject), could well prolong those lives?

Yes, I agree that many people may have people have suffered due to lockdown and may have missed out diagnosis and early treatment (doubt all 1000 of them were due to that though). And again, a vaccine would help to alleviate these problems and get us back to 'normal'.

Finally, I totally concur, I have said previously, what we need is conversation and debate based on actual facts (just not ridiculous theories).

Reactions: MarkW3194

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really sure why you are being so agressive and unpleasant about a simple vaccine discussion.

Err I'm not...
simply providing some alternative opinions.
And as for my T2 have you seen my signature numbers?

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's confusing because an ONS report today says there were 8 (8 not 800) more deaths in October 2020 over October 2019.
you mention 1000 extra weekly deaths over the 5 year average. IF that's right,

Not sure what data you were viewing but this was from a very very simple search on ONS data, you can easily look for yourself via any search engine.

upload_2020-11-20_11-40-8.png

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Err I'm not...
simply providing some alternative opinions.
And as for my T2 have you seen my signature numbers?
Well done, that's brilliant. You have reversed your diabetes but it doesn't mean it has been eradicated does it? Hopefully it would mean that if you did catch it your body would cope.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what data you were viewing but this was from a very very simple search on ONS data, you can easily look for yourself via any search engine.

View attachment 45544

I'm guessing it came from this report
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8965435/Covid-19-biggest-killer-England-October-ONS.html

The ONS weekly figures have varying dates so it isn't possible from the figures you have shown to compare October 2019 to October 2020. I can't find in the Mail article exactly where their figure came from however, So you could be right.
However total England deaths in Otober 2019 were indeed 43,257 so if the 43,265 figure is correct then it is indeed an increase of 8
You can find the data here but only up to Sept 2020 so far.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...guresondeathsregisteredbyareaofusualresidence

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that's brilliant. You have reversed your diabetes but it doesn't mean it has been eradicated does it? Hopefully it would mean that if you did catch it your body would cope.

As I can "pass" every diagnostic test I think it possibly unlikely that I still have an "underlying condition" plus with greatly improved metabolic health and some good doses of Vit D over the summer I'm pretty confident I'll be fine thanks.
Luckily I'm capable of making my own risk assessment and decisions about what goes into my body at present.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I can "pass" every diagnostic test I think it possibly unlikely that I still have an "underlying condition" plus with greatly improved metabolic health and some good doses of Vit D over the summer I'm pretty confident I'll be fine thanks.
Luckily I'm capable of making my own risk assessment and decisions about what goes into my body at present.

Of course you are, no one is suggesting any different are they? Entirely up to you whether you do or don't take the vaccine or any other medication for that matter.
Your status says you have Type 2 diabetes so it is not unsurprising that I believed you had an underlying condition which may seriously adversely affect you if you did catch Covid is it?

You are being very 'spiky' in your replies, have you checked you bs today?

M

Member496333

What difference does it make if someone has an underlying condition or they are over 60? Dead is dead.

Quite, but the thing that never sits well with me is that the average age of COVID death is higher than the average age of death (~82 vs. ~81 respectively). So in effect we're all getting excited about a vaccine that, if safe and effective, lowers your expected age of death.

Something is very seriously wrong here. We are all welcome to our views and are encouraged to make our own choices, but there's simply no way to reconcile that data with the apparent need for mass vaccination. You won't agree, and that's fine, but nevertheless it's a valid point that demands scrutiny.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite, but the thing that never sits well with me is that the average age of COVID death is higher than the average age of death (~82 vs. ~81 respectively). So in effect we're all getting excited about a vaccine that, if safe and effective, lowers your expected age of death.

Something is very seriously wrong here. We are all welcome to our views and are encouraged to make our own choices, but there's simply no way to reconcile that data with the apparent need for mass vaccination. You won't agree, and that's fine, but nevertheless it's a valid point that demands scrutiny.
while I was growing up, the life expectancy age crept up every year. It was always going in that direction. Until a few years ago when the direction stopped and started declining. I suggast that it is this effect you may be explainng. The fact that the average age is pretty static shows that it is not just an old farties problem, but is showing across the board. ie. there is a larger cohort of youngsters now appearing to be susceptible, That is what is seriously wrong.

Reactions: MarkW3194

Max68

Not sure how the flu vaccine is trialled but I believe that it's a different vaccine each year?

Some interesting debate here and everyone is entitled to an opinion. We may agree or disagree with others but I think that there is no doubt that we all share one common wish, and that is the end of the Covid pandemic if at all possible.

Obviously I can understand concerns and opinions about a vaccine but would just like to ask a genuine question as I am just interested. If for instance only a minority of the population would take a vaccine, for whatever personal reason, then what is the way out of this pandemic, how does it end? Do we wait 10 years for full long term vaccine trials? Do we carry on with long term restrictions? Do we let it run through society like we would a cold without any restrictions and see where we end up? Or do we hope that it just runs itself out and becomes less of a threat like I assume Spanish Flu did after three years?

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What difference does it make if someone has an underlying condition or they are over 60? Dead is dead. If they had not caught Covid they may well have lived for a lot longer. You can't just write off people or accept their demise because of those things. A vaccine (which is what we were discussing, even though we have gone slightly off subject), could well prolong those lives?

Yes, I agree that many people may have people have suffered due to lockdown and may have missed out diagnosis and early treatment (doubt all 1000 of them were due to that though). And again, a vaccine would help to alleviate these problems and get us back to 'normal'.

Finally, I totally concur, I have said previously, what we need is conversation and debate based on actual facts (just not ridiculous theories).
Please don't be disingenuous and even hint that I am writing anybody off. That appears to be a veiled way of shaming me and shutting down discussion.
Nobody is denying that the disease, covid-19, is new but coronoviruses are not. This virus will run it's course, as many, many run their course for millennia. Lockdowns and masks will not stop it's spread. That's not me saying that, have a look around the internet.
Caution, personal responsibility, shielding the vulnerable and elderly is and should have been the way to combat this virus. If we'd done that more people may well have lived longer. The proportion of healthy people under 65 dying is tiny.
A rushed-through, ill-tested vaccine is what people want but it may well not be the right approach. I'll repeat, to shut out the concerns of scientists and medics is morally wrong. Not just for them but for all of us.
'Following the science' says the establishment. But are they really?
There is just too much contra information out there to ignore. In fact, why not take a few minutes to read this. I've highlighted this article, which is one of hundreds, because it also contains The Great Barrington Declaration which is authored by three professors from Oxford, Harvard and Stanford and endorsed by 44,000 clinicians, scientists and public health experts.
This is not something dreamed up by 'Karen' on the internet. These are real people on the front line of medicine and research.
If there was just David Icke yelling from a rooftop then we'd be justified in ignoring him. But it's not.
Frankly, I want this to be all done and dusted as much as anyone else but I am becoming increasingly concerned about our appoach and the strategy of the powers that be.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
then what is the way out of this pandemic
We're not in a "pandemic" and haven't been since May (if we even were then)
Do we wait 10 years for full long term vaccine trials
Not a bad idea..
Do we let it run through society like we would a cold without any restrictions and see where we end up
That's what will happen anyway as none of the measures currently being taken seem to be having the slightest impact consistently globally.

M

Member496333

That appears to be a veiled way of shaming me and shutting down discussion.

Standard procedure. Not necessarily here but it's definitely the picture painted by politicians and mainstream media. Anyone who questions anything is automatically tarred with the 'denier' or 'anti-vaxxer' brush. Nuance is completely lost. It's entirely normal to be castigated as morally and intellectually inferior if you don't toe the party line. Ironically, nearly everything in science we now take for granted started out in the mind of a single person who was mobbed and persecuted by the masses.

Munsa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Moaners! That there's no cure for diabetes.
This thread is absolutely staggering. I feel that I have suddenly arrived at a Trump rally, sharing conspiracy theories and a breeding ground for anti-vax garbage. Exhaustive, huge-sample testing, disaggregated results and peer review will do for me. I rely on insulin and I will similarly rely on either of the two vaccines that are coming on stream and hope that all but a tiny minority do so too.
I know exactly what you mean about the part regarding the Trump Rally! Makes you wonder which planet they're on.