What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't answer the phone if I don't recognise the number. If it's important they will leave a message.
Our landline has call protect which seems to work well and mobiles have potential fraud alerts. I do sometimes miss the chats with Indians from Microsoft trying to explore my Chromebook.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay.
Digital painting for today.
I am running out of time here, the delivery of a parcel is imminent and I need to get dressed...

In ZenBrush3
I finally found out how to turn the paper to landscape. It was buried in the different papers setting...
I did the colour version first.
The nearest I can get to splatter in ZenBrush3 is a dry brush stroke - this is the dark tree leaves.
I had intended to go into Procreate to do a splatter of yellow/orange from the sun.
And I did go into Procreate, but then I was messing changing the colour into shades of grey, bar the yellow sun.
So these are my two versions. First one painted in colour. Second one with a mono treatment.
Got to move to get clothes on...

Oh, which do you prefer? I prefer the second one.

263759F3-3082-47A7-9A82-70FD0A8571C6.jpeg

5E835862-DC35-4094-8274-865585A7B807.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are pestered by cold callers and random door knockers ie Jehova's witnesses and vegans. Here at Tilehurst Towers me and me's just politely point them at the partly buried skeleton in the front flower border, me and me's have also have taken to answering the front door carrying a plastic scythe.

A perplexing set of readings this morning, that meter is up to something.
1st reading 4.6, but no shakes and disorientation.
2nd reading 5.5 different finger.
So I took the average, now it was time to get the Cray supercomputer sliderule out to calculate my insulin dosage, factoring in my activity for this morning.

Well have a great day and hugs where required.

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from a dark and blowy morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of left over chicken masala with zero rice came in at 5.1 this am.

Smaller turkeys being ordered this year - good news for larger turkeys then - mine will be so small that you won’t be able to see it - not that keen on it.
Google reviews - are they real - blimey, who would have thought.

More ink splatter. Hope everyone has a great Saturday - wrap up warm - stock up on cocoa. koffy time.

View attachment 45568
Could be a crown of thorns and spattered blood, it is a good job we don't all think alike.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well he supported Cummings and his infamous trip so I suppose this is just another example of how out of touch with " the people" he is ...and this is how some folk liken him to Trump ( though he isn't in that league ).
May I draw your attention to exhibit A Ma'am.

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull

lindisfel

Expert
My farmer friend as always done Christmas Turkeys, barn raised. After the mass slaughter, He used to hang them for almost two weeks in the barns loft space, they were always so tasty, beautiful to cook with minimum fat or liquid left in pan and as far as I know no one was ever ill from eating them. Now Food Standards have insisted he hires a cooler each Christmas to hang them in and the time hanging needs to be shorter and guess what the Turkey is nowhere near as tasty.

We have stopped having them as they are now no better than shop Turkeys in our opinion and that of others who knew how the barn hung ones tasted.
With just the two of us this year I have ordered a 2kg fresh turkey crown, the local butchers turkeys seem fine but I may not have the refined tastes of some you!
I just like food and the duchess is a good cook.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
With just the two of us this year I have ordered a 2kg fresh turkey crown, the local butchers turkeys seem fine but I may not have the refined tastes of some you!
I just like food and the duchess is a good cook.
D.
Your "unrefined" tastes have managed to see you thus far and the Duchess clearly keeps a good table for you. Unlike the Pearl Clutchers we here accept tastes vary, although I do wonder what clownshoe would eat a DD cabbage casserole

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay.
Digital painting for today.
I am running out of time here, the delivery of a parcel is imminent and I need to get dressed...

In ZenBrush3
I finally found out how to turn the paper to landscape. It was buried in the different papers setting...
I did the colour version first.
The nearest I can get to splatter in ZenBrush3 is a dry brush stroke - this is the dark tree leaves.
I had intended to go into Procreate to do a splatter of yellow/orange from the sun.
And I did go into Procreate, but then I was messing changing the colour into shades of grey, bar the yellow sun.
So these are my two versions. First one painted in colour. Second one with a mono treatment.
Got to move to get clothes on...

Oh, which do you prefer? I prefer the second one.

View attachment 45569

View attachment 45570
Both have merit but i do lean towards the mono. For me the mono displays more depth - the age of the trees shows through and the plants, lightening as if into some mist and then into that pale sun.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg in the early hours 6.9

I am late this morning because the online order site for my prescription at my doctorless surgery, was not working properly. It had me both logged in and logged out at the same time, and wouldn't let me access the prescription order page. I wasted an hour...finally I gave up.

And so I had to go out to the surgery to order. Got shouted at for not using the telephone to order. I waved my badges which say I have hearing loss, cochlear implant, I can't lipread you with a mask on, etc...

I now go into complete stupid mode when I get shouted at by the medical personnel/profession. A very good strategy. Actually I now have fun with stupid mode, and do mime with my hands and pieces of paper with my writing on. I won't speak if someone shouts at me like that now (because they think speaking equals that I can hear, and I am making my deafness up).

It completely flummoxes the person shouting at me and puts them at a total disadvantage.

Anyway finally, when she got the message, she wrote down my meds will be waiting for me on Tuesday...

That was really satisfying this morning.......

I am tired now and need a nap. Then I will think about a painting....

A WIN for the mind****

But an agent hug, that the people working as our first point if contact at doctors are such enormous morons...and RUDE.

(Prev exp testing up...complained & had all the front desk staffed retrained ..allegedly )

We are all armed for battle, each in our own unique way
Liking yours

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a crumpet soothes the soul and calms an outraged liver. My weirdness knows no bounds :)
I've popped some on my online shopping order for tomorrow AA...hot crumpets with all that melted butter dripping though...hmm can't wait.

Reactions: mojo37

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have had the Amazon prime fraud call a few times.
I feel like telling them to go and find a suitable taxidermist but I am too polite! :)
When we get a cold call asking for a named individual I ask them to wait then put the phone in a draw and leave it there.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...another couple of mad days with work...started a job Thursday evening that finished yesterday around 5-6 pm...then another one came in dealt with that by midnight so not too bad...watching the Priti Patel debacle unfold it struck me that in the course of my work I meet people who are unaware of the consequences of their behaviour when screaming shouting & swearing at people...they usually find themselves in custody followed by a trip to a nearby magistrates court...still Patel wasn't supported as she wanted by her staff I expect that means hearing from her advisors that some of her actions were potentially unlawful wasn't what she wanted to hear... woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Both have merit but i do lean towards the mono. For me the mono displays more depth - the age of the trees shows through and the plants, lightening as if into some misty and then into that pale sun.

Thank you very much for that @dunelm
I paint digitally in colour, but I often want to change it to a more mono effect. They have a different kind of mystery...

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A WIN for the mind****

But an agent hug, that the people working as our first point if contact at doctors are such enormous morons...and RUDE.

(Prev exp testing up...complained & had all the front desk staffed retrained ..allegedly )

We are all armed for battle, each in our own unique way
Liking yours

Thank you @jjraak

We do have our own unique ways for dealing with obtuse inconsiderate (etc) people.

I had an experience nearly 30 years ago when I was sitting in a waiting room with my first hearing dog for the deaf, among many other people, in a council office. T (my hearing dog for the deaf) was wearing her bright yellow hearing dog jacket and bright yellow lead, all with written hearing dog information on. (She was allowed to be with me the same as a guide dog for the blind).

I was suddenly aware of people looking at me but had no idea why. Then I realised someone on the other side of the counter appeared to be shouting at someone (I couldn't hear someone shouting then, I had no hearing at all). And a person sitting next to me, touched my arm and motioned I should leave, and take the dog. I was completely bewildered.

Then the official on the other side of the counter came charging round at me, still apparently shouting and waving her arms angrily. She charged at me, grabbed my Hearing Dog's lead with one arm and yanked it out of my hand and grabbed my arm with her other other arm and attempted to haul me out of my seat.

I don't think I have ever exploded as much verbally in my life, as I did that day. I was not rude, nor did I use any naughty words. I began something like 'Don't you DARE take my guide dog's lead off me. And don't you DARE pull me out of my seat...'.

I didn't know how to shout (I don't think I have ever shouted in my life up to that point) because I cannot hear my own voice, so I drew on every vibration in my chest to give my voice as much power as I could.

I could see someone behind the counter looking like they were or had pressed a panic button under the counter. I knew I also needed my voice to be powerful so everyone in the large waiting room could hear, customers and staff alike. I think my next words were something like 'This is a Hearing Dog for the Deaf. Read the words on her jacket. I am completely deaf....' At no point was I rude or offensive, but I was very very clear and very very loud. And I said a whole lot more on how she had assaulted me etc etc.

I was half expecting security guards to rush in and throw me out. But at no time was I rude or offensive in my words or actions.

I could see the counter staff had relaxed in their body language out of the corner of my eye. Then suddenly the woman turned into a gibbering wreck, and other counter officials came over and helped/guided her away out of the back.

I think I began shaking and crying then, and so the counter staff saw to me next. So I skipped the queue... But I had lost my voice by then, my throat was so hoarse and I was unable to speak to conduct the business I had gone for. So it was pieces of paper and writing to sort me out, and I got dealt with very quickly.

I asked someone later if I should complain, and they laughed their head off saying no, I did not need to complain because nothing ever came of complaining. No one gets reprimanded or re trained @jjraak they told me. But me doing what I did that day, the nasty woman to me would never ever forget that day, and would do more good than me having a stiff upper lip and complaining.

So that was a lesson and a half. And since that day, I learnt that my voice can have a power to it. I just need to draw on the power of the vibrations in my chest (I was taught to speak using vibration since I couldn't hear in order to learn to speak).

Last edited: