What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My low low carb breakfast feast...
1. Coffee with mct powder and 4 Tbsp coconut milk
2. Peanet mug cake (ate half so carbs 4.5g)
3. Lime and chilli Avacado (1.8g carbs)
4. One slice of eggless almond flour bread toasted (0.875g carbs)
5. Two poached eggs.

Total carbs: 7.175g

I am so absolutely full. Now lets see how the BG reading moves in next few hours ... hopefully will stay within 6.5... as of now its 5.9. :)
20201121_105206.jpg

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My low low carb breakfast feast...
1. Coffee with mct powder and 4 Tbsp coconut milk
2. Peanet mug cake (ate half so carbs 4.5g)
3. Lime and chilli Avacado (1.8g carbs)
4. One slice of eggless almond flour bread toasted (0.875g carbs)
5. Two poached eggs.

Total carbs: 7.175g

I am so absolutely full. Now lets see how the BG reading moves in next few hours ... hopefully will stay within 6.5... as of now its 5.9. :)

Just confirming back 2.5 hours later the finger prick reading is 6.0 so all good with that diet.. :) :D
20201121_132452.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing at all today. Co-codamol, Co-codamol and more of the same. Really bad toothache.

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
L: Fried eggs, mushrooms, and sausages
D: Pork chops with a creamy mushroom sauce

Quick update on that little experiment with Pepsi Max I mentioned in my previous post - happy to report that it seems my BGs don't spike after drinking the stuff. Not that this gives me licence to drink gallons of it a day, of course ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hungry today which doesn't fit at all well with LC in my current mindset. I’m pretty sure there is a way it should but it doesn’t atm. B= 2+Ls TWAM (sweetener); Dockey: 1x cheddar and 1x goat’s cheese bag of cheesies - very small, pieces and bags, but perfectly formed. Cheddar good GC bang average, 18 variety bags to go. Only Red Leicester new to me now;little stroll around then Almond milk latte wiv sf caramel syrup .8 fall so it is the coffee; L= Piece of chorizo and 2 h/b eggs because they were both in the fridge and relatively safe; water : EM (Soon): Waitrose 1 sausage sandwich (skinnybread) with lower sugar TommyK; water, Sorry to hear about the tooth problems @Annb. Good to see you here @notepadplusplus

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about the toothache @Annb I hope the Co-codamol on an empty stomach wont upset it.
@DCUKMod thanks for the Astonish tip - looks like Tesco and Wilko both stock it so I’ll get some on my next shopping trip.
Today I’ve eaten a lunch of leftover lc tortilla with chilli. It was even better reheated.
Dinner was lamb breast stuffed with garlic and rosemary and cooked in the IP slow cooker. I’ve realised that I don’t really like the fattier cuts of meat done like this. Even though the meat itself was meltingly tender, somehow the fat doesn’t render in the same way as when it’s slow roasted. Ate the lamb with cauli cheese and wilted spinach and then a DGF ginger cake and cream. 2 glasses red.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about the toothache @Annb I hope the Co-codamol on an empty stomach wont upset it.
@DCUKMod thanks for the Astonish tip - looks like Tesco and Wilko both stock it so I’ll get some on my next shopping trip.
Today I’ve eaten a lunch of leftover lc tortilla with chilli. It was even better reheated.
Dinner was lamb breast stuffed with garlic and rosemary and cooked in the IP slow cooker. I’ve realised that I don’t really like the fattier cuts of meat done like this. Even though the meat itself was meltingly tender, somehow the fat doesn’t render in the same way as when it’s slow roasted. Ate the lamb with cauli cheese and wilted spinach and then a DGF ginger cake and cream. 2 glasses red.

TKMaxx also stock it. That's where I had my first lot from, but of course, they're closed at the moment.

Does your AF allow you to adjust the temperatures DJC3? I imagine that'd do fantastic fatty lamb. We tend not to have breat, but we do have a little rack in, for diner tomorrow.

Yummmmmmmm.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some ‘not quite right’ lamb here too @DJC3

Cooked a half shoulder on far too high a temperature - forgot to adjust down after the initial warming of the oven. Meat tasted fine, but the juices solidified on the base of the roasting tin.

That was the main course of my OMAD and was followed up with a little cream cheese and double cream. Feeling stuffed and not a little tired after a very long walk.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Welcome to the thread @nutribolt ! Please tell more about your peanut mug cake-- I have made a flax bread but it wasn't worth it. Hurray on the success of the meal, too!
@Annb big big hugs for toothache. Hope you can get it seen to very soon.
Slept in today which worked wonders for my outlook. Bfast avocado, pecans, 2 boiled eggs, 1 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soy, contemplating another 1/4 Lindt.
Not sure about the rest of the day. I blessedly have the house to myself, but DS2 is out blowing leaves for us so it's not as peaceful as it could be. But! He said he'd put the new propane tank into the grill (fancy arrangement where you have to lift and hold it extended at arms' length while squatting down, to hang it over a hook inside/under the grill... where is @LaoDan when I need him? ), so, maybe a salmon burger for supper with usual spinach/hm dressing, cherry tomatoes, maybe cucumber, and flax crisps/soy.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
TKMaxx also stock it. That's where I had my first lot from, but of course, they're closed at the moment.

Does your AF allow you to adjust the temperatures DJC3? I imagine that'd do fantastic fatty lamb. We tend not to have breat, but we do have a little rack in, for diner tomorrow.

Yummmmmmmm.

Mmm rack of lamb in the AF would be magnificent. It’s certainly worth trying the rolled breast in there on a low temp. Thanks for the idea. I just didn’t want to mess up my sparkly clean range oven with it today!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some ‘not quite right’ lamb here too @DJC3

Cooked a half shoulder on far too high a temperature - forgot to adjust down after the initial warming of the oven. Meat tasted fine, but the juices solidified on the base of the roasting tin.

That was the main course of my OMAD and was followed up with a little cream cheese and double cream. Feeling stuffed and not a little tired after a very long walk.

I’ve cremated meat like that in the past - whacked oven up full blast to seal the meat then wandered off and forgotten it ( might explain why my oven was in such dire need of cleaning)

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 sorry to hear about your brother - that must have been so scary but glad he seems to be recovering. No wonder your bg is all over the place.
Well done for cleaning your range yourself, I thought what a satisfying job it must be to leave it looking pristine and shiny.
I love the sound of your butcher’s Mexican melts. Am I right in thinking you’ve made these yourself in the past? Are they fried or baked?
They're baked. He made them GF so it saved me making them myself. It's the same with the meatza. If I let him know he'll make sure they are suitable for me as he knows what I can & can't eat now. It's been really useful. When I made them myself I used the butcher's GF pork burgers which were seasoned & herbed. I shaped them (using a little beaten egg) then added mozzarella to mine (butcher used a Mexican cheese which was really nice). Having sealed them, I dusted them in oat fibre, dipped in egg and used my LC crumb mix of almond flour, golden flax, parmesan and sesame seeds. The butcher's was a spicy rub which added to the flavour. I oven baked them at about 170c for about 35/40 mins. I think I air fried them when I made them. They really are very tasty.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the thread @nutribolt ! Please tell more about your peanut mug cake-- I have made a flax bread but it wasn't worth it. Hurray on the success of the meal, too!
@Annb big big hugs for toothache. Hope you can get it seen to very soon.
Slept in today which worked wonders for my outlook. Bfast avocado, pecans, 2 boiled eggs, 1 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soy, contemplating another 1/4 Lindt.
Not sure about the rest of the day. I blessedly have the house to myself, but DS2 is out blowing leaves for us so it's not as peaceful as it could be. But! He said he'd put the new propane tank into the grill (fancy arrangement where you have to lift and hold it extended at arms' length while squatting down, to hang it over a hook inside/under the grill... where is @LaoDan when I need him? ), so, maybe a salmon burger for supper with usual spinach/hm dressing, cherry tomatoes, maybe cucumber, and flax crisps/soy.
Thanks. Actually the peanuts mugcake is so simple to make and so so quick... 5 minutes and 1 minute prep time... I got the recipe off you tube for both the bread and mug cake... links below:

Eggless almond flour cake

Peanut mug cake:

For lunch/snacks, I also prepared the following recipe from this wonderful lad:

Hope you like these... :)
20201121_164054.jpg

Reactions: zauberflote

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have either of your discovered the Astonish cleaning products? I use their Hob and Oven Cleaner (the one with the "special" sponge in it) for the, erm,..... hob and oven. For me, part of the measure of those is how well any cleaner manages the glass doors. Their Stainless Steel cleaner is excellent for,... well, you know.

However, the star of the show, in my view is the spray Degreaser. A couple of squirts, then wipe with a damp cloth and the grease just disappears, including in the AF, after bacon, or other fatty stuff.

I must say, I try not to let the hob, ovens or other gadgets get to a "really need a clean stage.

I just wish I could say the same for hoovering or dusting.
I've used Astonish but I prefer Oven Mate. OK it almost requires full PPE but it works. The bit I hate is the cooker hood. The range though, there is a feeling of satisfaction when it's done.
@zauberflote - it's what I do when I have things on my mind - I clean but, to be fair, at this time of year I do like to get into the corners, under furniture etc as it won't be possible once the decorations go up.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've used Astonish but I prefer Oven Mate. OK it almost requires full PPE but it works. The bit I hate is the cooker hood. The range though, there is a feeling of satisfaction when it's done.
@zauberflote - it's what I do when I have things on my mind - I clean but, to be fair, at this time of year I do like to get into the corners, under furniture etc as it won't be possible once the decorations go up.

I like OvenMate once in a while. By far, the easiest way tto do shelves that have been allowed to have "bits" baked on.

I was about to give in and try Koh, when I picked up my first Astonish. I rather like the idea on one product doing so much, which Koh claim, and lots of users corroborate, but for now Astonish has be custom.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve cremated meat like that in the past - whacked oven up full blast to seal the meat then wandered off and forgotten it ( might explain why my oven was in such dire need of cleaning)
I always seal in a frying pan or you can blowtorch it. An "on the bone" rib roast I seal in a pan but then give it 30 mins in a hot oven before turning it down to about 180C. It's always worked for me.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like OvenMate once in a while. By far, the easiest way tto do shelves that have been allowed to have "bits" baked on.

I was about to give in and try Koh, when I picked up my first Astonish. I rather like the idea on one product doing so much, which Koh claim, and lots of users corroborate, but for now Astonish has be custom.
Now I've been waiting to find someone who has used Koh. It's one of these things that look too good to be true (or does it really work that well?).

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday - well I paid for my pig out on Grahams Goodnes. Bed 11.3 (and that was it falling) FBG had only dropped to 8.9 then started to rise again. Overall not a good BG day. One positive, grandson cycled to school with a friend and, for the first time in ages, he told me he was fine to go to the other end of the school to his line with his friends. Hopefully, he's growing in confidence again as he's certainly less anxious. I met him at lunchtime (1/2 day) to get his bag and water bottle and he cycled to our house then home after lunch. He's being very responsible too.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Casseroled chicken drumsticks & thighs in a creamy chicken/mushroom/mustard/tarragon sauce. Just knocked it together. Served with cauliflower rice which I stir fried with spring onion, parsley and mozzarella. 2 squares 95%.

Last week I lost out on DGF because they sold out while I was trying to get payment through. What I hadn't realised was my order was still sitting in my account. I sat from 18.50pm and right on the dot of 19.00 my boxes of No Carrot cake & blueberry & lemon were secured! Paid for and confirmation by 19.01!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg was5.5, pleasantly surprised after a Thai takeout last night
Yoga then elevenses of a chicken thigh and a yes bar
Mid afternoon, a hot chocolate made with cocoa and almond milk. Very smooth
D: bolognaise that had been in the slow cooker all day, over boiled cabbage which had been tossed in butter and parmesan at the last minute. Very tasty

Picked a few late raspberries earlier so debating whether to have them with yoghurt or cream or chocolate mug cake...or all three! Well it is Saturday night after all

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 7.8 FBG 8.2 so I'm still paying the price for the Grahams Goodness. It continued to rise for a while before dropping. This is normal for me if I step out of line. It takes days to stabilise. A bit of running about as usual but at least brother got out of hospital late afternoon. Still no idea what caused it but they have eliminated the nasties at least.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast one with egg mayo one with pate.
L. Nothing out for quite a few hours.
D. Settled for cold cuts - little bit chicken, slice each ox tongue, haslet, corned beef and little bits German sausage. Apple/celery/walnut and veggie chips. 2 squares of Godiva (stayed well away from Grahams Goodness in the supermarket).